Such a disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Such a disgrace

“I take pride in whatever aspect of the game I’m playing. Obviously it’s a tough role to play. It’s tough to walk that line. I get pulled back a lot, but that’s how I have to play to be effective.”

- Boston's Brad Marchand, who scored a goal in the Bruins' 4-0 win in Game 4.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]Whoa. That's some tough e-talk there. I hope for their sakes they don't run into you anytime soon?! But didn't you forget to include yourself, 'Not-A-Shot'? Aren't you a bit of a hero around here too? A hero to any who don't see a bit of a self-involved megalomaniac (albeit anonymous one) emerging? Why else, when the Bruins are down to it - as close to the prize as any of us can remember, two games away from justifying all of our anonymous cyber-existences - why else are you starting Tiger Beat-worthy threads about about who gets to cheer and how? Perhaps, you should title your threads; 'Hey! Look at me!!'
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

When you stop commenting on the posts and instead turn to comments on the original poster, you throw in the towel.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Vancouver fans view Marchand the same way we view lapierre and burrows, like it or not thats how it is..If Lapierre were a bruins and Marchand were a Canuck, Lapierre would be defended on this forum and Burrows and Marchand would be villanized. It;s all laundry folks,
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't defend him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

"When you stop commenting on the posts and instead turn to comments on the original poster, you throw in the towel." - 'Not-A-Shot'

Yea? That in the Book Of Blog, Yoda?

Brothers win Cups. It is a brotherhood. Brothers don't ask 'why'? There is no 'why'. I don't think the guys in the Bruins dressing room are troubled, even one tiny bit, by Marchand.

But this isn't even about that, is it?

This isn't about needing or wishing for Brad Marchand to be exemplary or upstanding or to adhere to some invisible and sliding standard of morality that 'Not-A-Shot' decides, is it?.
    This thread is a fool's game. A set-up. Just like the last one you started.

It is obvious, 'Not-A-Shot', you are fixated on yourself and not the Bruins and with 2 games to go, in the biggest season of all our modern Bruin lives. That is not only unseemly, it is shameful. This thread isn't about the Bruins or Brad Marchand. it is about you. 'Such a disgrace' indeed.

I would have said that all this is beneath you, but now I'm not so sure. I think you, 'Not-A-Shot' are losing your edge in the face of greatness. I think you're worried that with all the success the Bruins have had, that you have to up the ante, that in all the rabble and excitement, your opinion isn't being heard, or that it might not matter.

You needn't worry so much, 'Not-A-Shot', it never did.

Bruins in 7

And Brad Marchand scores the winner. The most disgusting, dirty, greasy winning goal ever. Enjoy THAT moral dilemma, dude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]"When you stop commenting on the posts and instead turn to comments on the original poster, you throw in the towel." - 'Not-A-Shot' Yea? That in the Book Of Blog, Yoda? Brothers win Cups. It is a brotherhood. Brothers don't ask 'why'? There is no 'why'. I don't think the guys in the Bruins dressing room are troubled, even one tiny bit, by Marchand. But this isn't even about that, is it? This isn't about needing or wishing for Brad Marchand to be exemplary or upstanding or to adhere to some invisible and sliding standard of morality that 'Not-A-Shot' decides, is it?. This thread is a fool's game. A set-up. Just like the last one you started. It is obvious, 'Not-A-Shot', you are fixated on yourself and not the Bruins and with 2 games to go, in the biggest season of all our modern Bruin lives. That is not only unseemly, it is shameful. This thread isn't about the Bruins or Brad Marchand. it is about you. 'Such a disgrace' indeed. I would have said that all this is beneath you, but now I'm not so sure. I think you, 'Not-A-Shot' are losing your edge in the face of greatness. I think you're worried that with all the success the Bruins have had, that you have to up the ante, that in all the rabble and excitement, your opinion isn't being heard, or that it might not matter. You needn't worry so much, 'Not-A-Shot', it never did. Bruins in 7 And Brad Marchand scores the winner. The most disgusting, dirty, greasy winning goal ever. Enjoy THAT moral dilemma, dude.
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

Once again, a thread about me and not the topic.

With all of the dirty play and diving at the forefront, I find this to be a great time to rehash what I had said earlier about the play of Marchand.  Everyone is crucifying Burrows and Lapierre, but giving Marchand a a turned cheek. 

Not me.

If he scores a goal that is within the rules and not related to any dirty play or cheat, I'm thrilled.  If it's not, I'm not.  No moral issues with me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Don't you see? You ARE the topic.

I, Me, Mine - your ego is lurking behind everything you say. It has only recently become too obvious - not to mention distracting and irritating - to ignore.

Your great skill here, 'Not-A-Shot', is your ability to hold onto the balloon once it has gotten too high off the ground to let go.

Brad Marchand is a hockey player - he is not judged on style, originality, congeniality, poise, grace, punctuality - he is judged by his ability to get it done to the best of his ability. Brad Marchand does that and he does it within the rules, if not according to the tenets of your higher moral standard. And to that end I say; "What gall! What arrogance!"

And besides, get with it, Hockey is not figure skating. it is not judged.
    Hockey is waged.

Anyone standing along the glass, trying to admonish or alter that one inalienable fact is either a fool or a fraud

Post in good faith, it's all anyone asks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : It's reality, though, as anyone who followed his ridiculousness when Moncton, Val D'Or and / or Halifax was in town already knows. when it comes to diving) Marchand is a major offender. Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I will not pass judgement or view players for what they did when they were 18, 19 and 20 years so it has no bearing how I view any athlete before they got to my favorite team or what it means to the subject of the thread.

Lopping Brad in with those two classless clowns isn't comparable because he has only been in the league a year where as the 2 floppers have been at it quite awhile and I won't even ask or wonder how Lap Dog n Finger suckler conducted themselves in Junior because it doesn't mean anything to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Such a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]This style of hockey that is played by Burrows, Lapierre and to a lesser extent by the Sedins is a total disgrace to the game.  How can anyone respect their style when they are nothing more than total frauds? This is exactly why I have been down on Marchand all season.  Now that you see it from the other side, can you understand my point of view a little more?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Burrows is pathetic.  He dives and pretends he's been hit.  Thornton needs to nail that punk but good before this series is over.  Just corner him and beat the living hell out of him.  Send him off for serious repairs.  The extra 2 minutes for instigating the fight, well, the Bruins penalty killers can handle that.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Don't you see? You ARE the topic. I, Me, Mine - your ego is lurking behind everything you say. It has only recently become too obvious - not to mention distracting and irritating - to ignore. Your great skill here, 'Not-A-Shot', is your ability to hold onto the balloon once it has gotten too high off the ground to let go. Brad Marchand is a hockey player - he is not judged on style, originality, congeniality, poise, grace, punctuality - he is judged by his ability to get it done to the best of his ability. Brad Marchand does that and he does it within the rules, if not according to the tenets of your higher moral standard. And to that end I say; "What gall! What arrogance!" And besides, get with it, Hockey is not figure skating. it is not judged. Hockey is waged. Anyone standing along the glass, trying to admonish or alter that one inalienable fact is either a fool or a fraud Post in good faith, it's all anyone asks
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

You need some serious help.  He pointed out that 2 Canuck players are a disgrace to the game  and he thinks one of our own plays like that.  I am assuming the Chara spear on Lapdog and the bite, diving and other stuff by Burrows.  He already indicated that if Marchand can get away from these immature ways he would cheer him on. 
    Last time I checked these boards were about opinions.  Heck I have started more of these type of threads than NAS.  And people call me out and we go back and forth and we normally keep it on the level and about the issue, not the individual.  

NAS is laughing at you.  He got a rise outta you.  I would be laughing as well.  Are you writing a book about NAS?  You seemed to have studied his posting style.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : I will not pass judgement or view players for what they did when they were 18, 19 and 20 years so it has no bearing how I view any athlete before they got to my favorite team or what it means to the subject of the thread. Lopping Brad in with those two classless clowns isn't comparable because he has only been in the league a year where as the 2 floppers have been at it quite awhile and I won't even ask or wonder how Lap Dog n Finger suckler conducted themselves in Junior because it doesn't mean anything to me.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

San,

Marchand as a rookie has already laid the framework to be mentioned with these guys.  From spearing, to diving, to trash talking, to cheap (suspended hits) to golf swings, dusting his hands off etc etc.  To say he backs it up is laughable.  He has how many fights?  Ott backs it up.  Marchand isnt a fighter. 
    Now, saying that I believe the way he is playing this series is perfect.  He has gone over the edge a few times but it also has thrown the Gazoo Twins off.  And that is his job.  He also hasnt thrown his own game off and I believe he feeds off it.  The occasional brainfart is fine with me.  But during the middle-end part of the season he was doing more of that than I cared for. 
    He is a good hockey player and I am not sure where this team would be without him this year.  Very impressive year outta him.  We needed secondary scoring and we found it.  I think Seguin with Bergie and Marchand could be a stapple for yrs to come.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Thanks purse-poodle - er - 'shuperman'

Yup, opinions are opinions. My opinion is that 'Not-A-Shot' is being divisive not even for its own sake, but for his own self-glorification. At this time of year, I find that pathetic, if abhorrent.
    I mean, what's next from the Mad Poster? 'Bruins Uniform: Does It Have To Black and Gold?"
    To be sorta charitable, I would go further and say, 'Not-A-Shot' is being divisive to merely try and stay relevant at a time when the Bruins are being flooded with fairweather fans. It must be hard and resentment-filled time for your favourite e-maven. My sympathies.

I am keeping it on the level, in this case, the issue and the individual are the same - actually, scratch that - i would say in this case the 'issues' are secondary to the individual. That's not a fan, that's a demagogue - albeit, an anonymous one. I'm just trying to help

Question for 'Not-A-Shot' (perhaps, when he wakes up, you can roll over and ask him...)

What's he think of Ryan Kesler? His 'style'?

Bruins in 7

See ya at the parade!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

lol, post of the thread.  shupe a.k.a. purse-poodle, lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]lol, post of the thread.  shupe a.k.a. purse-poodle, lol.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    This is getting good................
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!! 2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks purse-poodle - er - 'shuperman' Yup, opinions are opinions. My opinion is that 'Not-A-Shot' is being divisive not even for its own sake, but for his own self-glorification. At this time of year, I find that pathetic, if abhorrent. I mean, what's next from the Mad Poster? 'Bruins Uniform: Does It Have To Black and Gold?" To be sorta charitable, I would go further and say, 'Not-A-Shot' is being divisive to merely try and stay relevant at a time when the Bruins are being flooded with fairweather fans. It must be hard and resentment-filled time for your favourite e-maven. My sympathies. I am keeping it on the level, in this case, the issue and the individual are the same - actually, scratch that - i would say in this case the 'issues' are secondary to the individual. That's not a fan, that's a demagogue - albeit, an anonymous one. I'm just trying to help   Question for 'Not-A-Shot' (perhaps, when he wakes up, you can roll over and ask him...) What's he think of Ryan Kesler? His 'style'? Bruins in 7 See ya at the parade!
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with Burrows and Lapierre being pathetic hockey players and Marchand?

Stay relevant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks purse-poodle - er - 'shuperman' Yup, opinions are opinions. My opinion is that 'Not-A-Shot' is being divisive not even for its own sake, but for his own self-glorification. At this time of year, I find that pathetic, if abhorrent. I mean, what's next from the Mad Poster? 'Bruins Uniform: Does It Have To Black and Gold?" To be sorta charitable, I would go further and say, 'Not-A-Shot' is being divisive to merely try and stay relevant at a time when the Bruins are being flooded with fairweather fans. It must be hard and resentment-filled time for your favourite e-maven. My sympathies. I am keeping it on the level, in this case, the issue and the individual are the same - actually, scratch that - i would say in this case the 'issues' are secondary to the individual. That's not a fan, that's a demagogue - albeit, an anonymous one. I'm just trying to help   Question for 'Not-A-Shot' (perhaps, when he wakes up, you can roll over and ask him...) What's he think of Ryan Kesler? His 'style'? Bruins in 7 See ya at the parade!
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    You sir have just out did any & all of the gobbledygook that's EVER been posted on this board! What part of politics are you in? However; I do thank you; because I now can type 30-50 post of the most outlandish foolishness & STILL not be anywhere near your garbage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Vancouver fans view Marchand the same way we view lapierre and burrows, like it or not thats how it is..If Lapierre were a bruins and Marchand were a Canuck, Lapierre would be defended on this forum and Burrows and Marchand would be villanized. It;s all laundry folks,
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Sorry Kel! I WOULD NEVER defend Lapuke! If he ever came to Boston. I would be hard pressed to cheer for them at all. I said it before about BM. He's great as long as he stays on the line. When he crosses it; I can't stand him. I loved how he handled the whole Edler; Louise & Ballard situation. The golf swing & wiping the hands gesture is totally disgraceful!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

...just sound it out, 'nightmare-38'. Take your time, we'll wait...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

Yawn,  Again attacking posters-what a tough guy sitting behind a computer.  To me its very obvious you follow everyword that NAS says and have some sorta sick man-crush on him.  Do you have a painting of him above your bed? 
    Who are you to decide what a fan is or isnt? 
    NAS- definitely doesnt need my support b/c you keep falling on your face with each additional post.  Why not stay on topic rather than fire remarks at the individual.  I have had numerous disagreements with your sensai, heck even on this thread to start it off.
    I did like the purse-poodle remark though. 

When you finish up your book on NAS please let us know. I would love a copy. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Look. 'Not-A-Shot' called Brad Marchand 'a disgrace'.  That's a big play, even anonymously.
    (On a personal level, I think it's lame when, people get all e-tough, casting aspersions on Pro Hockey players, writing things here, they would never say to their faces.)
    I presume 'disgrace' is for, what 'Not-A-Shot' deems, under-handed and selfish play by Brad Marchand, for putting his own needs and resentments ahead of his team? If this sentiment is to be taken at face-value (not as mere rabble-rousing by a poster desperate for attention) it is a sentiment I don't share or agree with.

In fact, i don't even agree that Burrows and Lapierre are all that 'pathetic'. All these guys have scored huge goals and been in on game-breaking plays for their teams at all times these Playoffs. None of them really do anything that hurts anyone (perhaps, excepting Burrows 'bite' ) all of them seem to pull up short of putting their opponents into any real jeopardy, from a personal safety viewpoint.
    I mean, Aaron Rome, by all accounts, a 'good guy' and a straight player did more in one 'bodycheck' to denigrate the so-called and sacrosanct 'integrity of the game' than all three of these guys have done these Playoffs.

When you get into the game of guarding 'The Integrity Of The Game' you are on a slippery slope indeed.
    It is a slope incapable of sustaining serious or refutable claim. It is a haven for contradiction and hypocrisy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Look. 'Not-A-Shot' called Brad Marchand 'a disgrace'. 
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Look. 'Not-A-Shot' called Brad Marchand 'a disgrace'.  That's a big play, even anonymously. (On a personal level, I think it's lame when, people get all e-tough, casting aspersions on Pro Hockey players, writing things here, they would never say to their faces.) I presume 'disgrace' is for, what 'Not-A-Shot' deems, under-handed and selfish play by Brad Marchand, for putting his own needs and resentments ahead of his team? If this sentiment is to be taken at face-value (not as mere rabble-rousing by a poster desperate for attention) it is a sentiment I don't share or agree with. In fact, i don't even agree that Burrows and Lapierre are all that 'pathetic'. All these guys have scored huge goals and been in on game-breaking plays for their teams at all times these Playoffs. None of them really do anything that hurts anyone (perhaps, excepting Burrows 'bite' ) all of them seem to pull up short of putting their opponents into any real jeopardy, from a personal safety viewpoint. I mean, Aaron Rome, by all accounts, a 'good guy' and a straight player did more in one 'bodycheck' to denigrate the so-called and sacrosanct 'integrity of the game' than all three of these guys have done these Playoffs. When you get into the game of guarding 'The Integrity Of The Game' you are on a slippery slope indeed. It is a slope incapable of sustaining serious or refutable claim. It is a haven for contradiction and hypocrisy
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

Yes, but at the end of the day are you gonna change what NAS has to say?  At least you did add some very relevant hockey comments in there instead of the tirade against one of the regulars on here. 
    I can't change your opinion, I can't change NAS, lord I can't even change my own most of the time.  You are somewhat new on here, NAS hasn't changed even a little bit since I started reading his posts, but he does know hockey, he will give and get and is one of my favorites on here.  Mainly b/c we do think alike from time to time.  I don't nec. like his sandpaper approach but when in rome. 

Stick to hockey knowledge.  From your last post I can tell you have lots to offer.  I mean you chastize NAS for saying things about players that he wouldnt in real life but yet throw daggers at us. 
    And the only friendly advice I can give is to lighten up.  Who cares what we all think.  Lord I have more people attacking me than a mailman in hotdog underwear.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Wrong.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Why are you walking back from that now?  If you didn't directly state that Marchand was a disgrace in your OP, you certainly implied it.  Seems like that was the purpose of this entire thread, right?  Burrows and Lapierre are a disgrace to the game, so is Marchand?

Interesting to see that you are softening your stance on Marchand, I'll call that progress.  Or are you simply quibbling with whether or not you directly called him a disgrace? 

Well, is he or isn't he is disgrace?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

"This style of hockey that is played by Burrows, Lapierre and to a lesser extent by the Sedins is a total disgrace to the game.  How can anyone respect their style when they are nothing more than total frauds?

This is exactly why I have been down on Marchand all season.  Now that you see it from the other side, can you understand my point of view a little more?"
                                                                                       -   'Not-A-Shot'
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    'exactly' and 'down' on Marchand for what then? For his 'fraudulent style' or being a 'disgrace'.

If not these two things then what?
    Ergo, thus we conclude...you posted to say. "Brad Marchand is not such a disgrace?"

Ok, by this logic i see it now.
    You are 'not' wasting everyone's time. You are 'not' an attention-freak

And thanks for the 'welcome' 'shuperman' but if given the choice to denigrate a Pro hockey Player to his face and a few blog posters as self-possessed

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Why are you walking back from that now?  If you didn't directly state that Marchand was a disgrace in your OP, you certainly implied it.  Seems like that was the purpose of this entire thread, right?  Burrows and Lapierre are a disgrace to the game, so is Marchand? Interesting to see that you are softening your stance on Marchand, I'll call that progress.  Or are you simply quibbling with whether or not you directly called him a disgrace?  Well, is he or isn't he is disgrace?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Read it as you wish, and interpret it as you wish, and state what you wish.

The statement reads correctly as intended.  I am backing away from nothing.  The play of the two (and to a lesser extent four) Canucks has been a disgrace.  Similar plays by the Boston player have been the reason I've been down on him.