Such a disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Such a disgrace

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]"This style of hockey that is played by Burrows, Lapierre and to a lesser extent by the Sedins is a total disgrace to the game.  How can anyone respect their style when they are nothing more than total frauds? This is exactly why I have been down on Marchand all season.  Now that you see it from the other side, can you understand my point of view a little more?"                                                                                    -   'Not-A-Shot' ------------------------------------------------------------- 'exactly' and 'down' on Marchand for what then? For his 'fraudulent style' or being a 'disgrace'. If not these two things then what? Ergo, thus we conclude...you posted to say. "Brad Marchand is not such a disgrace?" Ok, by this logic i see it now. You are 'not' wasting everyone's time. You are 'not' an attention-freak And thanks for the 'welcome' 'shuperman' but if given the choice to denigrate a Pro hockey Player to his face and a few blog posters as self-possessed
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

'I' am not 'sure' why you have an 'affinity' for typing like 'this'.  I 'doesn't' make much 'sense'. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaxCap. Show FaxCap's posts

[QUOTE]FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

So you watch hockey for the fights....that explains a LOT!

FX

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"He has how many fights?  Ott backs it up.  Marchand isnt a fighter."

Purse poodle U never fail in taking thread totally off course so U never let me down. Both myself and Kennedy did not mention Avery as we were talking about the relevance of what Brad did before he wore the spoked B. Marchand does drop his gloves but LapDog and Finger Suckler do not n will never drop the gloves.

Thanks once again for adding nothing to this thread!

PS. Josh Beckett is no longer my favorite Sox pitcher because he was considered a headhunter in High School LoL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Read it as you wish, and interpret it as you wish, and state what you wish. The statement reads correctly as intended.  I am backing away from nothing.  The play of the two (and to a lesser extent four) Canucks has been a disgrace.  Similar plays by the Boston player have been the reason I've been down on him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Why so cryptic?

Based on your previous comments throughout the year and this thread alone, I would have fully expected you to say; "I think Brad Marchand is a disgrace".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : I will not pass judgement or view players for what they did when they were 18, 19 and 20 years so it has no bearing how I view any athlete before they got to my favorite team or what it means to the subject of the thread. Lopping Brad in with those two classless clowns isn't comparable because he has only been in the league a year where as the 2 floppers have been at it quite awhile and I won't even ask or wonder how Lap Dog n Finger suckler conducted themselves in Junior because it doesn't mean anything to me.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I see your point because obviously kids mature from who they were at 19 years old to who they become at adults. Marchand may change his game (Subban as well to use an example from "my" team) and there's more hope for him than there is for Lapierre et al.

At the same time,  life (nor hockey) doesn't happen in a vaccum, and there are patterns of behaviour that get formed. That's why I do think who he Marchand was 2 years ago compared to who he is today is a relevant topic. I'd say the same about Lapierre;  I despised watching him for his ridiculous antics when he played in Charlottetown, and he hasn't changed one bit. When discussing the present antics of players (as opposed to what might happen in the future), I don't think it makes sense to discount the realities of how a player plays and how he got to that point, because behaviour usually isn't something that happens on the spur of the moment, but is instead developed over time.  Marchand, Lapierre, and plenty of other guys from junior hockey or the NCAAs are living proof of that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

" I don't think it makes sense to discount the realities of how a player plays and how he got to that point, because behaviour usually isn't something that happens on the spur of the moment, but is instead developed over time."

That's fair and if Brad keeps up the elbows to the head and golf swings then I can no longer argue my point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaxCap. Show FaxCap's posts

[QUOTE]He has how many fights?  Ott backs it up.  Marchand isnt a fighter. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Concidering the forum I'm on here I know this will not be taken well but....

Bobby Orr alone changed the game of hockey. The first truly offensive
    defenceman. The game was never the same after Orr started playing in the
    NHL. And that's a good thing.....VERY good thing!

But.....Orr as a fighter??? You talk here about Burrows an Lapierre and their
    reputation around the league. Orr had a reputation as a "sucker puncher".
    A skate by puncher. He tried it on Rose Paimont years ago....missed....and Rose
    punched Bobby in the eye. 2 or 3 days later Boston played in Toronto. They
    mentioned the "fight" a few days before and showed Orr on the bench with a
    HUGE shiner.

Orr was NOT a fighter.

FX

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Concidering the forum I'm on here I know this will not be taken well but.... Bobby Orr alone changed the game of hockey. The first truly offensive defenceman. The game was never the same after Orr started playing in the NHL. And that's a good thing.....VERY good thing! But.....Orr as a fighter??? You talk here about Burrows an Lapierre and their reputation around the league. Orr had a reputation as a "sucker puncher". A skate by puncher. He tried it on Rose Paimont years ago....missed....and Rose punched Bobby in the eye. 2 or 3 days later Boston played in Toronto. They mentioned the "fight" a few days before and showed Orr on the bench with a HUGE shiner. Orr was NOT a fighter. FX
    Posted by FaxCap[/QUOTE]

It says "TT" not "RR".

Pay attention.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Why so cryptic? Based on your previous comments throughout the year and this thread alone, I would have fully expected you to say; "I think Brad Marchand is a disgrace".
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

I haven't said anyone is.  I have stated that the style of play from these two or four has been.  And from there, I get down on Marchand for a similar style.

Everyone wants to tell me what I'm saying, when what I'm saying is right in front of you.  C'mon Crowls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : I haven't said anyone is.  I have stated that the style of play from these two or four has been.  And from there, I get down on Marchand for a similar style. Everyone wants to tell me what I'm saying, when what I'm saying is right in front of you.  C'mon Crowls.
    The title of, and opening post of this thread certainly implies that somebody is.....
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!! 2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]   "He has how many fights?  Ott backs it up.  Marchand isnt a fighter." Purse poodle U never fail in taking thread totally off course so U never let me down. Both myself and Kennedy did not mention Avery as we were talking about the relevance of what Brad did before he wore the spoked B. Marchand does drop his gloves but LapDog and Finger Suckler do not n will never drop the gloves. Thanks once again for adding nothing to this thread! PS. Josh Beckett is no longer my favorite Sox pitcher because he was considered a headhunter in High School LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Research-  Do some before saying something totally misleading.  Maybe thats why I have to alter my convo's with you.
    Brad Marchand- 1 NHL Fighting major.  1 In the playoffs.
    Lapeeuk- 14 NHL fights since his arrival.
    Burrows- 20 NHL Fights. 6 in one year.

Research San, or watch more hockey.  Do something.  Name calling has turned into your only defense.  Which makes me chuckle everytime.  So does Brad drop his Gloves and back it up or not.  Andrew Colgiano went after him after he ran Eberle into the boards from behind.  Which was exactly the same date that I started calling him out. 
    So what I would like is for you to explain how he backs it up and drops the gloves?  Please San, please give me a hockey lesson 101. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : The title of, and opening post of this thread certainly implies that somebody is..... GO BRUINS!!!!!!! 2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

If a style of play is a person, then yes, you are correct.

How much money does Style of Play make?  Is he/she under contract for a long time?  Where did he/she play junior?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : I haven't said anyone is.  I have stated that the style of play from these two or four has been.  And from there, I get down on Marchand for a similar style. Everyone wants to tell me what I'm saying, when what I'm saying is right in front of you.  C'mon Crowls.

Not trying to break your stones (well, maybe a little), I just don't want to put words in your mouth.  That's why I asked.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Look with the exception of FX & Awry please GO AWRY! I respect the posters on here. I really don't see what the confusion is in what NAS is saying. I think NAS has a problem when BM lowers himself to the garbage that LaPuke & "The Biter" does. The jabbing & the yapping & his other shananigans he has pulled this season is not something I like either. The jabbing & the yapping to Thelma & Louis is OK, because they do it just as well. I don't hate BM....yet! However; there's times when I hate what he does. I hate it because I find it disgraceful to the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I just read this thread, waiting for the discussion to emerge. Not sure why. Will never get those 10 minutes of my life back.

Sigh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

In Response to Such a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]This style of hockey that is played by Burrows, Lapierre and to a lesser extent by the Sedins is a total disgrace to the game.  How can anyone respect their style when they are nothing more than total frauds? This is exactly why I have been down on Marchand all season.  Now that you see it from the other side, can you understand my point of view a little more?
     Marchand dropped his gloves to fight Ballard like a real man. Burrows and that pansy Lapierre have there glove glued on. End of discussion.......you lose we all win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : If a style of play is a person, then yes, you are correct. How much money does Style of Play make?  Is he/she under contract for a long time?  Where did he/she play junior?

Semantics, don't hide behind them  It's ok to have an opinion, back it.  I happen to disagree with yours, I think Brad Maqrchand is an agitator, who is also in his first year and finding his way.  I don't find his antics disgraceful in any way, but generally I'd like to see all this extra BS gone from Hockey.  Not happening anytime soon though, so an agitator who is a pretty darn good hockey player as well is a valuable component on a championship team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canucksfan101. Show Canucksfan101's posts

You guys are going down.....we have 2 kicks at the cat and 1 is at home....Maybe you should see if Don Cherry and Bobby Orr will come out of retirement....hehehehehehe

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canucksfan101. Show Canucksfan101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Such a disgrace :  Marchand dropped his gloves to fight Ballard like a real man. Burrows and that pansy Lapierre have there glove glued on. End of discussion.......you lose we all win.
    Posted by surfingdjc[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canucksfan101. Show Canucksfan101's posts

Not For Long!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canucksfan101. Show Canucksfan101's posts

You call the leaders of the NHL scoring a disgrace....give your head a shake pal....maybe it time for you to watch table tennis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Research- Brad Marchand- 1 NHL Fighting major.  1 In the playoffs. Lapeeuk- 14 NHL fights since his arrival. Burrows- 20 NHL Fights. 6 in one year.  hockey lesson 101. Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

You're not smart enough for me to educate you. Lap Dog n Pacifier Suckler have been in the league 6 years Brad has been in the league 1 full year and you still don't get it because you don't know to average out how many fights that is per year give yourself a lesson.

Your childish comments and refusal to read other posters comments is becoming comical in your attention seeking ways. I find no reason to respond to you anymore except to get a chuckle here an there sad because you used to have insightful thoughts now you just seek attention.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Research-  Do some before saying something totally misleading.  Maybe thats why I have to alter my convo's with you. Brad Marchand- 1 NHL Fighting major.  1 In the playoffs. Lapeeuk- 14 NHL fights since his arrival. Burrows- 20 NHL Fights. 6 in one year. Research San, or watch more hockey.  Do something.  Name calling has turned into your only defense.  Which makes me chuckle everytime.  So does Brad drop his Gloves and back it up or not.  Andrew Colgiano went after him after he ran Eberle into the boards from behind.  Which was exactly the same date that I started calling him out.  So what I would like is for you to explain how he backs it up and drops the gloves?  Please San, please give me a hockey lesson 101. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I do not remember this vicious hit that you often reference (Marchand on Eberle), nor can I locate it on-line. I do not recall Marchand being assessed a penalty for the hit, nor do I recall him being suspended for it. Please correct me if I am wrong, also please post a link for the hit if you have one.

I did find this hit on Eberle on-line, do you recall this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRzzZ8GUkig
    Torres got a 4 game suspension for this one, but you still openly root for him and hope for him to be a Bruin next year.  All the while bashing Marchand for his dirty play.  Puzzling inconsistency.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : I do not remember this vicious hit that you often reference (Marchand on Eberle), nor can I locate it on-line. I do not recall Marchand being assessed a penalty for the hit, nor do I recall him being suspended for it. Please correct me if I am wrong, also please post a link for the hit if you have one. I did find this hit on Eberle on-line, do you recall this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRzzZ8GUkig Torres got a 4 game suspension for this one, but you still openly root for him and hope for him to be a Bruin next year.  All the while bashing Marchand for his dirty play.  Puzzling inconsistency.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Yea. I meant to ask Shupe about that earlier, but had to go to work. I was at that game & have no recollection of this hit either. Not saying it didn't happen Shupe. The only thing I remember where the whole place was going nuts, was during the Lucic-Vandermere scrap. A beauty by the way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Semantics, don't hide behind them  It's ok to have an opinion, back it.  I happen to disagree with yours, I think Brad Maqrchand is an agitator, who is also in his first year and finding his way.  I don't find his antics disgraceful in any way, but generally I'd like to see all this extra BS gone from Hockey.  Not happening anytime soon though, so an agitator who is a pretty darn good hockey player as well is a valuable component on a championship team. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is questioning BM's talent. Same as PK Subban. I love watching both of them PLAY; it's the other BS that's certainly disgraceful. You can be an agitator without wiping your hands; or taking golf swings towards the opposition. Essa Tikanen was the master at being a shadow & agitating. Craig Janny I'm sure is still having nitemares (no pun intended) from 1990 about the guy. He did his job without all this other garbage. It is disgraceful & disrepecting & shows a lack of integrity. If you asked Brad Marchand who he'd rather be like between LaPuke; Burrows; or a Pat Verbeek? BM is a decent player & I think he has potential to have a 30-35 goal season or 2; but I'd like him a lot more if he'd just stop his nonsense.

Sections
Shortcuts