8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Suck It, Penguins

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Lol! That is the best one yet! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

For me I've always despised them since Ulf's dirty hit. I used to like the Canucks of the 90's, they were a big, fast, hard playing team, nothing like the whining, diving team they are now. I guess I've just despised the Pens longer lol.

A lot of those older rivalries have dissipated to the point that they really don't exist anymore. I can still feel a rivalry between the B's and Habs or B's and Canucks. It just doesn't feel as prevalent when talking about the Pens. Of course, I was also pretty young when that hit occurred, so it doesn't click with me like a lot of the older posters here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

This one is classic!!!!  I burst out laughing in my office when I saw it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I put a Fleury sticker on a car.

And now it doesn't start!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

"Loose?"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

A lot of those older rivalries have dissipated to the point that they really don't exist anymore. I can still feel a rivalry between the B's and Habs or B's and Canucks. It just doesn't feel as prevalent when talking about the Pens. Of course, I was also pretty young when that hit occurred, so it doesn't click with me like a lot of the older posters here.

I have hated the Penguins for a very long time.  Outside of the Ulf stuff, they also dispatched the B's two years straight in the conference finals.

I can't think of one B's fan that I know that doesn't feel the same way.  It certainly has not dissipated.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

For me I've always despised them since Ulf's dirty hit. I used to like the Canucks of the 90's, they were a big, fast, hard playing team, nothing like the whining, diving team they are now. I guess I've just despised the Pens longer lol.

Remember that hit like it was yesterday, it was the beginning of the end for the best power forward in the NHL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I have hated the Penguins for a very long time.  Outside of the Ulf stuff, they also dispatched the B's two years straight in the conference finals.

I can't think of one B's fan that I know that doesn't feel the same way.  It certainly has not dissipated.

I was talking more along the lines of team rivalries. Fans watch these things happen and remember them for the rest of their lives. But the players on the team change, along with the hate for their rivals.

Like I said, I'm not overly familiar with the events of the early 90s, but I can tell you that the B's of today have more of a rivalry with the Habs and Vancouver than they do with Pitt. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was talking more along the lines of team rivalries. Fans watch these things happen and remember them for the rest of their lives. But the players on the team change, along with the hate for their rivals.

Like I said, I'm not overly familiar with the events of the early 90s, but I can tell you that the B's of today have more of a rivalry with the Habs and Vancouver than they do with Pitt. 

Every heard of Matt Cooke?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Not anymore they don't! There's lots of story lines here. Neely still hates the "Cyborg", you don't think Cam hasn't been, or won't be in that room saying his piece? You have Cooke who inspite of changing is going to be chirped at a lot for obvious reasons. Then you have the whole Iginla, Morrow story. Then you have Jagr having another chance to let the Pens have it. As of now? There's no other rivalry but this one. Hangon Hockeyguy it's gonna be epic! 

25. This post has been removed.