Summertime fun, question style!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Summertime fun, question style!!!!

Okay fellas, answer me these ones.

1. Who is your breakout player this year?

2. First coach fired?

3. Overacheiving team?

4. Underacheiving team?

5. Which off-season move (so far) proves to be the best?

I'll give my answers after a few of you chime in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Summertime fun, question style!!!!

1. Seguin - scores 40 but Dallas is a DNQ

2. Oates - replaces CJ next summer

3. CBJ - Make playoffs but Horton decides not to play in them, it's just too much for him

4. Philly - Always the bridesmaid

5. Loui - B's win Cup despite CJ playing ST 22 min/gm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

1- Ryan Spooner with his 20'goals 

2- Jack Capuano

3- Edmonton Oilers will finally make the playoffs

4- NJD 

5- Loui Ericksson with his 74 pts 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

1.  Drouin- depending on who he plays with will be awesome next year.  Him feeding spampkos on pp just scary.

2.  Claude Noel-  love his interviews but those fans are gonna want blood soon if they start off slow.  

3.  Phoenix Coyotes-  have decent scoring now, awesome defense and a very good goalie.

4. NYR-  i hate the make up of that team.  

5. Bobby Ryan is gonna get 40.  Problem is his wife doesnt know where ottawa is in the united states and he will return to california in 2 yrs.  zero chance he signs an extension there.  He will be subject to numerous rumors heading into 2015.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

1. Breakout player - John Tavares - He had 81 points in 11/12.  This year he cracks 100 +.
    1a. Nail Yakupov.

2. First coach fired - Jon Cooper TB.  Assistant Bowness slips in there.

3. Overachieving Team - Colorado.  Patrick Roy has them riled up to play.

4. Underachieving Team - Buffalo - Continue to tread water with Rolston.

5. Best Offseason Move - The Wild signing Cooke so we don't have to watch him play in the East.

5a. He was hired in April but can I include the Stars making Jim Nill their GM?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

1. Who is your breakout player this year? Kyle Okposo (finally)

2. First coach fired? Ruff

3. Overacheiving team?  Edmonton

4. Underacheiving team? Dallas

5. Which off-season move (so far) proves to be the best? Seguin deal

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

1. Who is your breakout player this year? Hamill. Did anyone laugh? But seriously, I think that Silfverberg will do very well in Anaheim.

2. First coach fired? Tortorella, finesse team meets grinder style coach. Do you see the Sedin's diving in front of shots? Ok well maybe they'll dive, but not in front of a puck, that's for sure.

3. Overacheiving team? Coyotes. I have a soft spot for the 'Yotes, I think they have a chance to do well.

4. Underacheiving team? Canadiens.

5. Which off-season move (so far) proves to be the best? The Eriksson pickup will be great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Brad Marchand. With a consistent line of Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson, Brad gets 32G and 55A.

2. First coach fired?

Laviolette. It's time. Eventually lands in Calgary as part of a true re-build.

3. Overacheiving team?

Nashville makes a deep run into the playoffs. Love the depth they picked up. If they can eek through the regular season with little scoring, they can win the tight physical playoff games.

4. Underacheiving team?

Montreal takes a big step back. Maybe miss the playoffs.

Alfie in Detroit will be fun to watch. Allows them to move players to their more natural position, and gives them a Top 6 and PP to rival any other in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sven Baertschi - a lone bright spot for the Flames. Increased offensive responsibilities will cause a spike in his numbers, even as the Flames crash to the league basement

2. First coach fired?

After a slow start after a year that showed promise, Todd Richaqrds gets canned from the Jackets before Christmas.

3. Overacheiving team? Jets get into the playoffs for the first time since coming back (thanks to the weak Central)

4. Underacheiving team?

Capitals - little off-season improvement and increased competition. Going tio be in tough to make the playoffs.

Dallas Eakins and Andrew Ference to the Oilers - new coaching and new leadership get the Oilers into the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

My long awaited-much anticipated answers.

1. Ryan Johansen

2. Todd McLellan

3. Carolina Hurricanes

4. San Jose Sharks

5. Jonathan Bernier trade.

Do you guys seriously think Tortarella and Ruff will be the first coaches fired? They just got deals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

1- Ryan Spooner with his 20'goals 

2- Jack Capuano

3- Edmonton Oilers will finally make the playoffs

4- NJD 

5- Loui Ericksson with his 74 pts 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

Bergeron or Krejci would need to get early season-ending injuries, in order for Spooner to get the quality ice time needed, for 20 goals.

Shouldn't Carolina signing Khudobin for only 800,000 a year, be your pick for best deal? You insist he is better than Rask, but is only being paid a little over 1/10th of Rask's salary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know if he counts given that he's had two seasons of ~50 points already, but David Perron could hit 70+ in Edmonton.  If he doesn't count, well...I'd like to say Soderberg arrives with a bang and hits the 20 goal mark in part because he gets time on the PP, but I think it might be Toffoli (just to get BadHab riled) because LA will probably give him every opportunity to show he can score in the NHL as he has at every level.

2. First coach fired?

Mike Yeo.  Second fired, Kirk Muller.  Third, Ron Rolston.

3. Overacheiving team?

Might be the Jets.  I could see them getting on an early season roll - getting the goaltending, getting contributions from new guys Frolik and Setogutchi - and riding it through the dog days. 

4. Underacheiving team?

Toronto Maple Leafs.  So much will be expected of them after last year, and they will be expected to act like they have a chip from that collapse, but contract status for Kessel and Phaneuf will be a distraction, Kadri will face more scrutiny and a full year of the league knowing what and who he is, the speedy offensive defensemen they've overcompensated with will have trouble defending, and the Reimer/Bernier situation will prove awkward.  No playoffs, deal both Kessel and Phaneuf at the deadline.

Tie - Perron for Paajarvi is a sweet deal for Edmonton that should give them even more juice up front.  Pitt. getting Scuderi back to anchor that blueline with Orpik and the $7+ million dollar man could be a key for the Pens getting their back end back in championship contender shape.

Tempted to make it a 3 way tie as Tuukka wins the Vezina with Hasek-like numbers....

Sections
Shortcuts