SUPER-COOL SHOOTOUT GOAL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SUPER-COOL SHOOTOUT GOAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98mHbrwbLuA SIMPLY A Badasss goal by mr. kane!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: SUPER-COOL SHOOTOUT GOAL

Kane is absolutely awesome stickhandler and has a ton of moves, but I really didn't like this shootout goal because I thought it was illegal.. he comes to a stop and the puck is not going forward as he is doing his side to side stickhandling ... that should not be allowed .. it should be continuous forward motion toward the goal  non stop.. have seen a few this year with similar type stops .. I guess the NHL is fine with it.. but it is not in the spirit of the shootout goal.. just my opinion. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: SUPER-COOL SHOOTOUT GOAL:
    Kane is absolutely awesome stickhandler and has a ton of moves, but I really didn't like this shootout goal because I thought it was illegal.. he comes to a stop and the puck is not going forward as he is doing his side to side stickhandling ... that should not be allowed .. it should be continuous forward motion toward the goal  non stop.. have seen a few this year with similar type stops .. I guess the NHL is fine with it.. but it is not in the spirit of the shootout goal.. just my opinion. 
    Posted by cowboys9

Not sure what video you were watching, but he never stops. He slows down to a crawl, but his forward motion never stops. Not illegal at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Bush league. europeans dont even do that.

Not a big fan of hotdogging- unless its in yer av.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I hated it.  They should put a Dman behind the shooter and have him pursue the shooter down the ice so that it imitates game-like speed.  What Kane did was showboating and not real hockey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

I hated it.  They should put a Dman behind the shooter and have him pursue the shooter down the ice so that it imitates game-like speed.  What Kane did was showboating and not real hockey.
    Posted by hangnail

Isn't that basically what the shootout is about?  Showboating for the fans.  IMO it isn't the "real" way to win a hockey game.  If that is how he wants to win the shootout, all the power to him.  If they want to end ties with shootouts, as long as they continue their forward motion, anything is far game.

And Red, completely agree.  He is no way stopped his forward motion.  He may be going slow but never stopped going forward.  Even if he stick handles side to side he must be moving forward if he is getting closer to the night, right? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: SUPER-COOL SHOOTOUT GOAL : Isn't that basically what the shootout is about?  Showboating for the fans.  IMO it isn't the "real" way to win a hockey game.  If that is how he wants to win the shootout, all the power to him.  If they want to end ties with shootouts, as long as they continue their forward motion, anything is far game. And Red, completely agree.  He is no way stopped his forward motion.  He may be going slow but never stopped going forward.  Even if he stick handles side to side he must be moving forward if he is getting closer to the night, right? 
    Posted by bostonbruins69

Yes - that's why I hate the shootout. 

Finish the game with real hockey then do a shootout for any fans who want to stay and watch!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

I like it cause it shows how pathetic the shootout is.   That chasing dman idea is better than the way it is now.  I bet Bakstrom was pissed.  

Maybe they should change the rule to the puck being in forward motion, not the body.  I guess that would be hard to judge.

I hate it when B's games go to a shootout.  Feels like a cheap victory or loss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

That took about 6.5 seconds, from touching the puck at center ice, to taking the shot.
    Just limit the shooter to 5 seconds and give the ref a stopwatch.
    The shootouts are a joke, but no need to embarrass the goalies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

I like it cause it shows how pathetic the shootout is.   That chasing dman idea is better than the way it is now.  I bet Bakstrom was pissed.   Maybe they should change the rule to the puck being in forward motion, not the body.  I guess that would be hard to judge. I hate it when B's games go to a shootout.  Feels like a cheap victory or loss.
    Posted by Babajingo

If the body is in forward motion then isn't the puck also?  Unless the guy decides he is just going to skate to the net without the puck, the puck must also being going forward with the body.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

In Response to Re: SUPER-COOL SHOOTOUT GOAL : If the body is in forward motion then isn't the puck also?  Unless the guy decides he is just going to skate to the net without the puck, the puck must also being going forward with the body.
    Posted by bostonbruins69

he was going so slow that he took the puck back to shoot it, that's all.  Was a shot in the dark.  
    Why dont they just put a card table at center ice and the captains play a round of War?  Would be just as exciting.

Sections
Shortcuts