Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win...

haha once again that loser on epsn burnside picks against the bruins.. i think it would kill him to ever say anything nice about the b's hes like the only expert not to pick thomas for the venza. anyway lucky for us this "expert"was 0-4 last round

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6522698

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win...

and 3-5 the round before that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I don't know whats so surprising about it.  Tampa Bay is the better team.  Even real hockey guys like Barnaby and Hradek like Tampa Bay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Lightning could be very good, or they could stink.  B's could be very good, or they could stink.  We all know this is the year of change, so the B's will win. Or, the Lightning will win.   How's that for a useless post.  Just trying to keep up with the experts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Be shocked if Barnaby ever picked thr B's, great just one more underdog story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

bim09, is TB the better team?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

TB IS  GOOD   BRUINS ARE BETTER        BRUINS IN 6
    BETTER D   BETTER GOALIE   BETTER 5-5     BRUINS SHOULD WIN UNLESS LOTS OF PP FOR TB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win...:
    [QUOTE]I don't know whats so surprising about it.  Tampa Bay is the better team.  Even real hockey guys like Barnaby and Hradek like Tampa Bay.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you get this idea, because last time I checked the B's finished above Tampa in the standings and won 3 out of 4 meetings against them this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win... : I don't know where you get this idea, because last time I checked the B's finished above Tampa in the standings and won 3 out of 4 meetings against them this year.
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

Brewer and Rolly weren't part of the regular season games.  And regular season means nothing in the playoffs.  You should have learned that when Carolina beat us 2 years ago.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

antyime espn says a thing about hockey bet the opposite.  they know nothing about hockey

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think Tbays chances increased when Bergie went down.  A healthy Bergie and I dont think this is as evenly matched up as I have made it out to be. The fact our best fwd and overall player is gone really hurts us.  As it would any team

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win... : Brewer and Rolly weren't part of the regular season games.  And regular season means nothing in the playoffs.  You should have learned that when Carolina beat us 2 years ago.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Just sayin.. nothing you have said justifies you stating that Lightning is clearly the better of the two teams.  We will have to wait and see.  They clearly have a better powerplay, but the Bruins have clearly been the better 5 on 5 team all season long.  IMO the latter outweighs the former.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Burnside also picked the following:
    Yankees over the Red Sox in the 2004 ALCS in 3 games. (yes, Burnie, it's a 7 game series)
    Keanu Reeves - Best actor for 2000 for "The Replacements"
    Dewey over Truman in 1948 - especially bad pick as he did this in 1980
    "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas, 1974 - Best song EVER

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I would not say either team is qualitatively better than the other. The most that can be said is that TB's top six are somewhat more potent but the B's have better depth. And yes, the loss of Bergeron will hurt but it is not fatal....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Burnside's a complete canadian tool...he's never picked the B's and I hope he doesn't. He's the hockey kiss of death.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Burnside defenitely does not like the Bruins. I would bet the farm against Scott as well on any of his picks as he is no expert. As far as ESPN Barnaby and LeBrun have been fair to Boston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win... : Brewer and Rolly weren't part of the regular season games.  And regular season means nothing in the playoffs.  You should have learned that when Carolina beat us 2 years ago.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

You are correct. But don't forget that Peverley, Kelly & Kaberle weren't Bruins yet either.

I think this will be a tough series for both teams but it should be fun to watch!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

You must have forgotten how big a difference Brewer made in this game then....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB9T7QIjigg

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win... : I agree. I find it odd that everyone is focusing on Brewer and Roloson, when they had Kubina and the very good Mike Smith in net.  Granted, Smith lost his edge a bit and now Roloson has taken over like the very good vet he is, but it's sort of funny to see how TB is getting all this hype. Boston took out Savard, added Kaberle (not paying off yet), Peverley and Kelly, and they have also addressed their defensive pairings. TB does not match up well with Boston. Nothing has changed in this area.   These analysts keep saying "throw out the regular season series".  Why? The only time TB beat Boston was the first meeting against Rask.  That's telling to me. I like Rask's future, but Thomas seems bent on going all the way this year. Julien's system is a solid counter-foil to Tampa Bay's extreme trap system.  This is why, for the past 3-4 seasons, Boston has played TB well. TB dictated the play against Washington because their system poked holes in the Caps' system.  It's that simple.   Also, TB's goaltending was superior to that of Washington's by a mile. There was your series. When the Pitt/TB series started, I said to a buddy of mine "It will be a heck of a series and it will go 7" and that was without Crosby and Malkin in there. I said that, because Pitt has a good goalie to match TB's, and they had experience and pride.  But, I thought TB would edge them, and they did. As if Boston isn't rabid here to continue this and get to a Cup Finals? As if Thomas hasn't played better than Roloson?  Rolson has played intelligently in front of Tampas' D, which has been outstanding.  But, Thomas has stolen games by himself.   This is another clear difference to me.  Thomas />Roloson. I still think Boston's forwards are more annoying to play against, lines 1-4, than Washington's. And I think this is where TB won't be as effective. It's the constant rolling of a deep 4 lines (even without Bergeron for now), that will create problems for TB. It seems like everyone is now leaning heavily for TB and I like being the underdog and I hope the players use that.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Wow good post. I agree completely. The Marchand-Kelly-Recchi combo WILL be good this series until Bergy returns, I think Kelly and Marchands styles will give the TB forwards a lot of trouble in the nuetral zone and get a good amount of 2-1 or 3-1 breaks.

I think our defense will grind Stamkos, Lecavalier, Gagne down but I still see St. Louis causing the B's lots of pain. It just seems the small quick guys with good hands always do Cammelari, Grabo, St Louis all play well vs the B's. Outside of that I give the matchup edge to the B's.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah, I dont get it.  The big picture says Boston trumps Tampa.

However, its the playoffs, anything can happen.  I dont think there has been a TRUE upset this playoff year even though a couple lower seeds have won.  Maybe the ducks, but its a BIG maybe.

25. This post has been removed.