Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win...

Burnside eats rodent scrotum. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

I want the Bruins to beat the Lightning and beat the sh*t out of them. Hammer these pr!cks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win...:
    [QUOTE]Burnside also picked the following: Yankees over the Red Sox in the 2004 ALCS in 3 games. (yes, Burnie, it's a 7 game series) Keanu Reeves - Best actor for 2000 for "The Replacements" Dewey over Truman in 1948 - especially bad pick as he did this in 1980 "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas, 1974 - Best song EVER
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]
    He nailed it with Kung-Fu Fighting though....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Burnside's a complete canadian tool...he's never picked the B's and I hope he doesn't. He's the hockey kiss of death.
    Posted by mattman1447[/QUOTE]

Hey, how'd we get thrown under the bus? He hasn't lived up here in years and just last month he said "Canada is a small, backwards little country with an unnatural affection for a game." Don't lop him in with the rest of us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

nobody on espn has had faith in the b's and the bruins prove them wrong everytime, so who cares what they think, to me its good they think the b's will lose cuz they keep winning

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Who cares what that clown thinks. Vegas has the Bruins favoured to win the series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

go back and check the ESPN "experts" predictions for the playoffs...none of them got it right..If ever there was word used loosely it is "experts"...They have Linda Cohn as an "expert"...has she ever played an organized hockey game, even a pick up game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win... : He nailed it with Kung-Fu Fighting though....
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah I guess even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. :P

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

burnside is the most biased clown, he posted another article how rolston was the better goalie based on his face... yeah thats right his reason was his face...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]burnside is the most biased clown, he posted another article how rolston was the better goalie based on his face... yeah thats right his reason was his face...
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

That's too funny! link please?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm not familiar with Burnside but few so-called sports taking head experts up here in Toronto are joining him in giving the Bruins little chance against TB.  I've heard comments from some that speak of the B's as if they are some kind of fraudulent member of the remaining teams. 

Former HNIC producer Scott Shannon, now a regular on RSO's Hockey Central said the Bruins were expected to beat the Habs so that was no big deal and that Philly's goaltending lost the series more than the Bruins won it.  Many point to the up-front trio of St. Louis, Stakos and Lecavalier and the current play of Roloson as being too much for the Bruins. 

If Thomas is on his game, he could win the series by himself.  Largely overlooked in all this is the fact TB outworked the Caps, something we hope will not happen with Boston. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

i can get the link when im home i cant look at espn videos at work... all these experts are picking tampa while vegas is behind boston...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not familiar with Burnside but few so-called sports taking head experts up here in Toronto are joining him in giving the Bruins little chance against TB.  I've heard comments from some that speak of the B's as if they are some kind of fraudulent member of the remaining teams.  Former HNIC producer Scott Shannon, now a regular on RSO's Hockey Central said the Bruins were expected to beat the Habs so that was no big deal and that Philly's goaltending lost the series more than the Bruins won it.  Many point to the up-front trio of St. Louis, Stakos and Lecavalier and the current play of Roloson as being too much for the Bruins.  If Thomas is on his game, he could win the series by himself.  Largely overlooked in all this is the fact TB outworked the Caps, something we hope will not happen with Boston. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I think thats the one aspect of Tbay's game that does worry me.  They are more than comfortable playing low scoring games and like you said they work their holes off.  In close tight checking games our game changers don't match up as well as Tbay's game changers.  But with the way Horton, Kelly and Co. are scoring clutch goals I like our chances. TBay hasnt played a Chara and as San has pointed out we should be able to make more plays b/c we are very physical.  Meanwhile they arent so physical so maybe our skill guys have more time to create. 
    All I know is that if we don't pound their no-name defense we could be in trouble. 
    These teams matchup very well.  Should be a great series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20113ALLAAAAll&sort=winPct1GoalGames&viewName=goalGames

Look out for San Jose in one goal games 7 wins Canuckleheads with 6 wins. Bruins with the most 3 goal wins...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win... : I think thats the one aspect of Tbay's game that does worry me.  They are more than comfortable playing low scoring games and like you said they work their holes off.  In close tight checking games our game changers don't match up as well as Tbay's game changers.  But with the way Horton, Kelly and Co. are scoring clutch goals I like our chances. TBay hasnt played a Chara and as San has pointed out we should be able to make more plays b/c we are very physical.  Meanwhile they arent so physical so maybe our skill guys have more time to create.  All I know is that if we don't pound their no-name defense we could be in trouble.  These teams matchup very well.  Should be a great series.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, shupe.  Looking forward to it.  I don't care that Philly's goaltending was poor.  That was their problem.  The Bruins wouldn't be cut any slack in this forum had it been them who got swept or had lost to Montreal.  Some on sports talk radio and TV up here are pointing to Bergeron as being this year's Krejci with regards to them seeing the Bruins collapse after an important member is injured. 

I think not because of the one important feature this year's edition has that last version did not; composure, amply demonstrated with the crucial situations they've managed so far.  Bergeron's absence will prove to be another test.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20113ALLAAAAll&sort=winPct1GoalGames&viewName=goalGames Look out for San Jose in one goal games 7 wins Canuckleheads with 6 wins. Bruins with the most 3 goal wins...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

San
    And the great equalizer.  They all have 8 wins and need 8 more.  Can't wait dude.  I was getting tired of arguing with you :-).  We finally get some hockey.

Cheers 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Surprise Surprise Burnside picks lightning to win... : Absolutely, shupe.  Looking forward to it.  I don't care that Philly's goaltending was poor.  That was their problem.  The Bruins wouldn't be cut any slack in this forum had it been them who got swept or had lost to Montreal.  Some on sports talk radio and TV up here are pointing to Bergeron as being this year's Krejci with regards to them seeing the Bruins collapse after an important member is injured.  I think not because of the one important feature this year's edition has that last version did not; composure, amply demonstrated with the crucial situations they've managed so far.  Bergeron's absence will prove to be another test.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Everyone loves to compare this years team to last.  They are totally different.  This team has already learned how to win.  How to come back.  How to battle the loss of their Captain.  How to win in OT.  How to win games they shouldnt(game 5 vs Habs). 

Losing Bergie hurts likely more than losing DK last year.  But, this team has much more depth and TT playing at the top of his game.  Its gonna be fun.  I dislike long layoffs.  I hope we come out flying. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

I can't stand Burnside.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Barnaby has other things to worry about now.  http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=365666

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

LMFAO @ Barnaby!