Orpik: Intentional shoulder to Erikkson's head - 3 games

Violation #2

Neale: Intentional knee to the head - 5 games

Violation #3

Thornton: Intentional slew foot / head on the ice punches - 10 games

Violation #4

Dupuis: Intentional ankle slash to Kelly - 3 games

Random Violation

Letang: 1 game for being a sneaky little s**t. I am sure he intentionally injured someone Saturday night

Hi NAS!

Orpik - 0, maybe 1.  I can't see them giving him a penalty after what happened to him, and there was no penalty called at the time. 

Neal - 3 games. Sad really, as this one should be 5 to 7. It's dirty, intentional, and completely avoidable. Has a history for this kind of play. 

Thornton - North of 10 games. Maybe 20. I don't think it was a serious as it looked, but the optics are really bad. He's a 'goon', and everyone is crying for something to be done, therefore, ST is the goat for slaughter. 

Phaneuf - who cares. Leave him be, it only helps us having him in there. As someone else said, I hope they do sign him to an 8yr deal, at big money. That will be an albatross around their neck for many years.  He's dumb and slow. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Suspension estimates - 12/7 Pittsburg aftermath

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Makes no sense. Scott only got 7 games as a repeat offender for a disgusting blind side hit . Scott's hit was clearly worse than Thorton jumping on top of Orpik trying to get him to not be a pansy.

A terrible decision?  Orpik delivered a cheap shot to Eriksson who has been blasted twice.

This doesn't make sense. Bettman has created has this himself.   

The hit on Eriksson was John Scotts first offense.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Makes no sense. Scott only got 7 games as a repeat offender for a disgusting blind side hit . Scott's hit was clearly worse than Thorton jumping on top of Orpik trying to get him to not be a pansy.

A terrible decision?  Orpik delivered a cheap shot to Eriksson who has been blasted twice.

You forgot preseason, I think he got a suspension then

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha77. Show tremha77's posts

I didn't see the game last night since I was out, but was Dupuis a two handed slash or not?

How do you break someone's ankle with a one handed slash? 

if you watch the replay the puck was in the vicinity and he was swinging at it and hit kelly.  it didnt look intentional.

In response to hangnail's comment:

Orpik gets none.  Neal 2 maybe 3.  Thornton 5. Dupuis 0.

i think Thorton gets 7-10

Orpiks hit was technically clean.  he kept his shoulder and arm down.  problem was Louie didnt have the puck and he was in a prone / defenseless position which i beleive they are trying to come down on.  Orpik was a history as a headhunter and i do beleive if you are going to play this way you have to answer the bell.  he chose not to and things escalated.

neal - repeat offender - no injury suffered - most likely 3 games

Thornton - i beleive first time offender - but slew footing a guy from behind and then punching him twice when his head was on the ice - not good.  i bet 10 games.

Dupuis - 0 games - if you look at the video it looked like he was swinging for the puck and he unfortunately hit kelly in the ankle - if you watch the video after that kelly took a good 3 chops at dupuis so should suffer the same fate.  this one was bad luck.

Phaneuf - 2 games

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to tremha77's comment:

I didn't see the game last night since I was out, but was Dupuis a two handed slash or not?

How do you break someone's ankle with a one handed slash? 

if you watch the replay the puck was in the vicinity and he was swinging at it and hit kelly.  it didnt look intentional.

Laughable.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Wouldnt be surprised to see ST get 7 games. You cant just start punching someone whos laying on their back in the head.  Cannot believe he did that. 

Neal SHOULD get 5 minumum but since its a phone hearing it wont be any more than 5. Dude made sure to skate right into Marchands head, unnacceptable!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Orpik got mostly body on the hit, so not an incident

Neal should get 4-5 games

Thornton will get 8-10 games

Dupuis was careless, should have been penalized but that's it

Phaneuf should get 2 games

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Orpik will get nothing. No penalty called ont he play and no hearing scheduled (unless I missed it which is entirely possible). Had ST not cranked him maybe the league would look at it and then do nothing but as it is they will skip right over the looking part and go straight to doing nothing.

ST should book a cruise. He will have time to hit the Mediterranean.

Had Neal kneed anyone but Marchand in the head it would be 3-5 games. But it is Marchand who apparently took a dump on Shanny's imported oriental rug when he was called on the carpet and Neal will get 1 game and a $50 gift card to Tim Horton's tucked inside a lovely thank you card.

Dupuis gets nada. No penalty and it vaguely looked sorta kinda like maybe he didn't intend to hurt anyone and Shanny wears Pitt underoos and hates being mean to his favorite team.

Shanny hits Phanny with something between 1-7 games. The Shanny random wheel o justice was just lubed and spins like crazy now. I hear he has a Vanna White look-a-like who gives the wheel a spin for him.

• This post has been removed.

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Wouldnt be surprised to see ST get 7 games. You cant just start punching someone whos laying on their back in the head.  Cannot believe he did that. 

Neal SHOULD get 5 minumum but since its a phone hearing it wont be any more than 5. Dude made sure to skate right into Marchands head, unnacceptable!

Let me ask you this:

If Orpik was Claude Lemieux or a known gutless weasel that never answered the ball within the code of the game, would you feel differently?

How many times have we seen players, especially in this annoying PC Bettman Era, try to change the traditional code of the game.

You hit someone in the head like he did with Eriksson and you just take care of business when the time comes.  

Montreal is infamous for this crap, Vancouver, and now Pittsburgh led my Mario Lemieux an his gutless way of playing, have adopted this technique.

I don't get why some fans here defend the gutless weasel little style of play.  Crap like this simply was not happening on such a frequent basis back in the old days.

The main flaw with the NHL is how they try to be lawyers explaining why one hit is fine, what suspension is worth and why something else isn't.

No i wouldnt. No one is defending the 'gutless weasel' style of play. Marchand has been plenty weasely in his career and seldom answers the bell for it. He's thrown a questionable hit or two this season too. That doesnt mean he's fair game to just throw on the ground and start punching him till his lights go out.

No matter who throws those punches and no matter whos getting punched, that is not something i want to see in a hockey game and inexcusable.

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Yes. Scott had a prior.  He was a second time offender when his dirty hit on Eriksson happened.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=6011  according to his tsn suspension/transaction/injury history that was his first suspension.

Pretty sure preseason doesnt technically count on someones disciplinary history.

•  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Sad this junk has taken over like cockroaches.  

Neal should get 7 but will get 4.   ST is gonna get 10.  Orpik 0.  Dupi 0.  Dion 3. 

You mean the running, kneeing and slashing of Bruins players

What's a Dupi ?

Yes san.  Thats what i meant.  I meant that suspensions has taken over the league in general.  And our bruins arent angles.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Neal should get 7 but will get 4.   ST is gonna get 10.  Orpik 0.  Dupi 0.  Dion 3. 

What's a Dupi ?

Yes san.  Thats what i meant.  I meant that suspensions has taken over the league in general.  And our bruins arent angles.  

Acute or obtuse?

I am telling ya, it's his second suspension per Barry Pederson of NESN. Pretty sure preseason and the protection of players. the rules, etc, all still play under the NHL logo.

I dont think he was suspended for that.  Kessel was.  What would Scott get suspended for.  Taking a lumberjack swing to the legs?  I think Pederson better have another look.  

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What's a Dupi ?

Acute or obtuse?

Yes u are cute. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Yes. Scott had a prior.  He was a second time offender when his dirty hit on Eriksson happened.

I'll say it again.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

As far as repeat offender status goes, i read somewhere if a player hasn't had a prior in the last 18 months he isn't considered a repeat offender,Neal is off the hook.

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

As far as repeat offender status goes, i read somewhere if a player hasn't had a prior in the last 18 months he isn't considered a repeat offender,Neal is off the hook.

This is true under the CBA.

I am telling ya, it's his second suspension per Barry Pederson of NESN. Pretty sure preseason and the protection of players. the rules, etc, all still play under the NHL logo.

This is straight from Scotts Bio page on tsn that i linked.

TRANSACTIONS / INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS

2013/11/08 Missed 7 games (suspended by nhl).

2013/10/31 Suspended by the NHL for 7 games.

2013/10/24 Suspended by the NHL indefinitely.

2013/05/20 Re-signed by the Buffalo Sabres to a one-year contract.

2012/07/01 Signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Buffalo Sabres to a one-year contract. 2012/02/27 Acquired from the Chicago Blackhawks.

2011/02/12 Missed 3 games (flu).

2011/02/07 Flu, day-to-day.

2010/07/01 Signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Chicago Blackhawks to a two-year contract.

2009/04/20 Re-signed by the Minnesota Wild to a one-year contract.

2009/03/08 Recalled from Houston (AHL).

2009/01/13 Assigned to Houston (AHL).

2009/01/02 Recalled from Houston (AHL).

2008/11/04 Assigned to Houston (AHL).

2008/10/08 Ankle injury, sidelined indefinitely.

2008/07/15 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Minnesota Wild to a one-year contract. 2007/09/29 Assigned to Houston (AHL).

2006/12/31 Signed as a free agent by the Minnesota Wild.

2006/09/13 Assigned to Houston (AHL).

2006/09/07 Invited to training camp by the Minnesota Wild.

it only mentions one suspension.

• Sections
    Shortcuts