Sweethands Johnson has to stay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Sweethands Johnson has to stay

If Sweethands is claimed, this will be a worse day than the trading of Thornton, Kessel and Seguin combined.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I liked Sweethands better than Caron, but I trust PC and CJ to know better than me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

If Sweethands is claimed, this will be a worse day than the trading of Thornton, Kessel and Seguin combined.

Truth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You can all breathe now, Nick Johnson has cleared waivers .  Let's see re-entry if he gets called up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'm pretty sure Chara had more or as many goals as Lucic, Krejci and Marchand in the preseason too. I suppose he's the offensively superior talent.

It's called a hot streak. Are you guys seriously suggesting that they keep a guy like Johnson, who is Ryder-like in his defensive game, albeit with significantly less upside? He's 28. He's in his prime. If he's a fringe player now, he's never going to be good. Get over it.

That said, I'm pretty excited to see a few Providence games this year. Spooner with Fraser could be pretty fun to watch. I think playing together could be great for both of them in their development.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No such thing as "re-entry" waivers any more.  Makes sense, too.  Players probably felt - and were probably told off the record - that they would have had more opportunity to play in the NHL if the team weren't afraid of losing them on waivers to bring them up.  The whole existence of waviers is based on guys getting to play in the NHL.  Not good enough to play in Boston?  Well, before the Bruins send you to the AHL, maybe someone else in the league thinks you're good enough to play for them?  No?  Okay, AHL for you then, Sweethands.

If you get called up, you're going to the NHL regardless, so there's no real value to the player to being claimed on waivers by another team. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Hamill can tell Colborne and Sauve he was traded for somone who is good enough to play in the KHL. Ha!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

No such thing as "re-entry" waivers any more.  Makes sense, too.  Players probably felt - and were probably told off the record - that they would have had more opportunity to play in the NHL if the team weren't afraid of losing them on waivers to bring them up.  The whole existence of waviers is based on guys getting to play in the NHL.  Not good enough to play in Boston?  Well, before the Bruins send you to the AHL, maybe someone else in the league thinks you're good enough to play for them?  No?  Okay, AHL for you then, Sweethands.

If you get called up, you're going to the NHL regardless, so there's no real value to the player to being claimed on waivers by another team. 

thanks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wait. I'm confused. You mean to tell me that EVERY other GM didn't think Sweethands was worth a roster spot at $600k? But he has so many preseason goals! Surely Buffalo, Florida or Calgary could use a guy like that. No? Huh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

stanley knows so little about hockey it's baffling. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Glad the legend of Sweethands continues. He's done everything he can to stay with the Bruins, and it's only a matter of time before he replaces Reilly Smith on the 3rd line. He'll prove he's just too good for the AHL.

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep, and then he'll stick it to the Bruins by retiring from hockey and cure cancer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yep, and then he'll stick it to the Bruins by retiring from hockey and cure cancer.

Maybe.  I was thinking that he'd team up with Zach Hamill and meander from town to town across N. America solving crimes and wooing local prom queens, Hardy Boys style.  

Sweethands and Silvertip Zach, pulling kids out of wells by day, sharing one-straw milkshakes with the Mayor's daughter by night.  

Just a matter of time indeed...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Awesome.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Glad the legend of Sweethands continues. He's done everything he can to stay with the Bruins, and it's only a matter of time before he replaces Reilly Smith on the 3rd line. He'll prove he's just too good for the AHL.

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

Is that why he was sent down to the Coast last year? Seems a bit confusing to say the least. Too good for the AHL so he got demoted.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sweet hands strikes again:

Providence Bruins @AHLBruins 46s

GOAL! Johnson breaks in on breakaway after O'Neill breaks stick on shot. Slick deke with the fake wrist shot, then went backhand #topshelf

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Sweethands wouldn't have gotten a quick whistle. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

That's something I didn't consider but I'll be damned if you're not right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

That's something I didn't consider but I'll be damned if you're not right.

Wait, huh? I was joking. But did you know Sweethands Johnson doesn't get penalties? If he high sticks someone, the guy he cuts goes to the box for bleeding on Sweethands Johnson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes Sweethands could be BDCs Chuck Norris...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

NJ big night last night vs the Icecaps, me and my youngest going to see him tonight along with the Spoon the Knight and the Koko puff.  Hoping for a good game.  Tho the Caps have never lost when my son goes.

Have to PVR the Bruins and watch them later.

GOAT!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Looking like sweethands does indeed rule......the AHL.

Who will be the first to buy an official "Sweethands" p-bruin jersey?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Looking like sweethands does indeed rule......the AHL.

Who will be the first to buy an official "Sweethands" p-bruin jersey?

He probably won't get sent to the Coast again this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

He probablywon't get sent to the Coast again this year.

Jinx?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

'at's my SWEETHANDS!

Sections
Shortcuts