Take a glance at 2011-2012 season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Take a glance at 2011-2012 season

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=BOS

They got like 49 mil tied up for next year
    ufa - Ryder - gone!
    ufa - Recchi, oh what the heck sign him again for 1.9 again
    rfa - Marchand - he should come cheap I think, like 1-2 mil somewhere there (??)
    ufa - kaberle I figure about 4 for him.
    assuming savard is finished.

so about 54 mil.
    Caron Spooner might make the lineup, they will be cheap.  Knight I think an outside shot.

We have about 5 mil to play with.  We could get Wheeler back!  Stanley will be thrilled! Or bring back Samsonov or Sturm.  I just don't see how they won't improve with Ryder gone and his cap hit put to better use.

Flyers - got 58 mil spent for next year, 5 ufa and 4 rfa - they will have to unload some guys.

Pens - got 48 spent for next year, 9 ufa, 1 rfa.

Lightning - 40 mil, 9 ufa, 4 rfa (Stamkos)

Caps 44 spent, 9 ufa, 2 rfa.

Out west, Nucks 48 spent 9 ufa, 3 rfa, 1 arb

Wings 48 spent 9 ufa (Lidstrom)

So my summary, the Bruins will have much of the same lineup, and the replacements will be better.  They can improve on Ryder and Tyler should come along nicely next season.  No cap problem that I can see in the least, everyonw will fit.

Everyone else I'm looking at - of the good teams - will have to dump some players.  Lots of bad teams have money, but there aren't that many good players around ufa - hopefully we can get one.  Them guys need like 5.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: Take a glance at 2011-2012 season

Good point. What if CJ continue's his love affair with Ryder ? I can hear the whailing of many a Bruin fan all ready.  But with Ryders contract gone, the Bruins are in line to sign a high grade replacement (Brooks Laich ?). Should be interesting stuff for July 1st. PS: BadHab...just curious...do you work the nite shift ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

No offense to Marc Savard, because he's been a great Bruin, but is anybody else hoping that he doesn't come back? Unless he was going to be 100% healthy for the remainder of his contract (which won't happen), his salary will create a problem. Not to mention the obvious quality of life issues. I think alot of us have already removed his salary from our cap projections.

n Response to Re: Take a glance at 2011-2012 season:
    [QUOTE]Good point. What if CJ continue's his love affair with Ryder ? I can hear the whailing of many a Bruin fan all ready.  But with Ryders contract gone, the Bruins are in line to sign a high grade replacement (Brooks Laich ?). Should be interesting stuff for July 1st. PS: BadHab...just curious...do you work the nite shift ?
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Given the cumulative nature of concussions I wouldn't be surprised if Savvy's all done.  That and the fact he has children should make for an easy decision.  But you never know with pro athletes - competing is what they love to do. But he has to consider the risk/reward.  And the risk is quality of life moving forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Sign flyers ufa Ville Leino anyone?  I think that would be a really nice move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I wish, but no way will the Flyers let him walk.

n Response to Re: Take a glance at 2011-2012 season:
    [QUOTE]Sign flyers ufa Ville Leino anyone?  I think that would be a really nice move.
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

Savvy   will be back

He is not ready to  leave the game. He will give it a go  and will probably be ok. Unless he gets another head shot.
    hope fully kaberle signs ext at  a fair rate to be on the bruins.

LUCIC  KREJCI  HORTON
    PEVERELY  SAVVY   SEGUIN
    MARCHAND   BERGY KELLY/CARON
    CARON/KELLY    CAMPBELL  THORTON 
    PAILLE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Interesting reading on teams like Edmonton who will have another top 5 pick this year.The Hockey News, which I read with tongue in cheek, discussed how Pittsburgh, Chicago rebounded to the top of the league with multiple first round draft picks. Makes you appreciate Chiarelli's decision on Kessel, plus the rebuild he has accomplished after the lock-out year. Lucic 22,Kreji 24/25, Horton 25,Marchand 22,Bergeron 25,McQuaid 23, Kamfer 22,Seguin 19, Tuuka 20, surrounded by select veterans like Chara, Seidenberg,Thomas,Kaberle[ maybe],Ference,Kelly,Campbell,Peverly, plus the last vestiges/smarts of Recchi; Claude's pick Ryder;long term AHL Boychuck; and IMO no longer needed Paille and Thornton. Good balance, good core, plus meeting the objective of "tough to play against". Chiarelli deserves all the kudos, and ,just maybe, Claude has had a minor lobotomy with the "flexibility" that has emerged in the last few games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Take a glance at 2011-2012 season:
    [QUOTE]Good point. What if CJ continue's his love affair with Ryder ? I can hear the whailing of many a Bruin fan all ready.  But with Ryders contract gone, the Bruins are in line to sign a high grade replacement (Brooks Laich ?). Should be interesting stuff for July 1st. PS: BadHab...just curious...do you work the nite shift ?
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

I swear a part of me will die if they resign Ryder.  Those who like him talk about his goals, but at his best he never shifts momentum.  He never creates opportunities.  I don't expect him to be a big hitter, but he never does the follow through checks and he only hustled the first few games of the season.

He can't handle the puck for beans.  In tight he is useless.  He can't get that snap shot off if he is close to the traffic.

He is excellent at taking the snap shots 10-25 feet from the net and through traffic when he has time.

Bottom line; for him to be a -5 and given he is supposed to be a scorer and given how good this team is defensively, that's just horrible.  Next worst is Tyler and I'll give him a pass since he is a rookie after all, but Tyler is just a -2.  You have to look at this comparison considering the Oilers are horrible, but Taylor Hall is a -9.

re: the p.s. - I played last night and the game ended at midnight.  Takes me forever to wind down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Take a glance at 2011-2012 season:
    [QUOTE]Caron Spooner might make the lineup, they will be cheap.  Knight I think an outside shot. We have about 5 mil to play with. 
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Caron will probably make the team next season, but I don't think there's any chance Knight or Spooner even get considered.  Looking at what they had to deal with in terms of Seguin's struggles, I think it'll be a while before any one else comes from juniors to the B's without some time in the AHL first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Take a glance at 2011-2012 season : Caron will probably make the team next season, but I don't think there's any chance Knight or Spooner even get considered.  Looking at what they had to deal with in terms of Seguin's struggles, I think it'll be a while before any one else comes from juniors to the B's without some time in the AHL first.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

A sensible post . Unbelievable ! I think Knight and Spooner could use a little more seasoning in the AHL down the road also. Players like Caron, Sauve, Arniel and yes even Hamill should get a look-see before them. The only way they jump ahead of these players is if they're playing lights out.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I agree on Caron, and IMO the only young forward would be Arneil who just scored his 20th in Providence, and showed good speed in the one game call-up. If Recchi is signed it will only serve to hold back one of the younger players. Yes he has smarts, but his physical skills have diminished considerably during this year. He will put it all on the line in the playoffs, but IMo he should then retire gracefully. That then gives the Bruins 4 up-front replacements [Ryder, REX,Paille, Thornton]. I know Thorny is cheap, but we need a player to work the 4th line. This Bruins team could evolve into four solid lines Sauve, McKnight, Spooner all need more seasoning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Question...Do you spend to the cap?  I know there is pressure to use all available space, but I think it's a good idea to hold back a few million (4 maybe) to assess what is needed and make moves prior to the trade deadline.  I'm sure PC hated having his hands tied like he did this year.  If not for the bad luck of Savard, he couldn't have done too much to tinker. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

the one year the bruins have a ton of cap room and theres not a single good free agent winger, figures

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take a glance at 2011-2012 season :  A sensible post . Unbelievable ! I think Knight and Spooner could use a little more seasoning in the AHL down the road also. Players like Caron, Sauve, Arniel and yes even Hamill should get a look-see before them. The only way they jump ahead of these players is if they're playing lights out.  
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

You know what wasn't a sensible post?  See my sig line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Chowda said:

"A sensible post . Unbelievable ! I think...."

You are fanning the NAS flame - why not just agree and add to it?
    (I can't believe I'm gettign involved in this)

/>:^|

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Great post by the way BadHab!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I, for one, hope they do not waste more cap space on Recchi. I love the man but this should be his last year in a B's uniform. With Ryder also gone this will leave room for a couple kids which will be determined in camp.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

You are not giving Sauve a chance to make the team next year?  I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team out of camp next season, or worst case being at the top of the forward depth chart in Providence and being the first guy called up when someone goes down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]You are not giving Sauve a chance to make the team next year?  I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team out of camp next season, or worst case being at the top of the forward depth chart in Providence and being the first guy called up when someone goes down.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

Have you seen a lot of Providence games this year?  I've been to six.  Sauve has been a ghost in the games I've attended.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Take a glance at 2011-2012 season : Caron will probably make the team next season, but I don't think there's any chance Knight or Spooner even get considered.  Looking at what they had to deal with in terms of Seguin's struggles, I think it'll be a while before any one else comes from juniors to the B's without some time in the AHL first.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I thought Spooner looked pretty good preseason.

But kind of a moot point, as anything we get out of the whole lot of them - AHL roster and draft picks is just gravy as far as I'm concerned.

And it is a bummer about the FA market.  I couldn't find but a handful of  guys that will probably be resigned.  However, the Bruins just need to land one guy.  I think the odds are on their side.  I think they are in great shape cap space wise for next year.

I'll enjoy watching this team considerably more without Ryder on it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Spooner and Knight will need a year in the AHL no way do they beat Sauve or Caron to the show. Sauve has the best pure skills for the next level he should easily replace Ryder's goals while Caron replaces Recchi on Bergeron's line.

Sauve needs to be surrounded by better talent great hands with speed. he's played half the games than most on the P-Bruins but is tied for the AHL lead in game winning goals. Murray doesn't have a clue what to do with Max not the best of coaches don't know why PC keeps him around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Bruins should find an off-ice position for Recchi...he is a great mentor for the young guys coming up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

[QUOTE]I wish, but no way will the Flyers let him walk. n Response to Re: Take a glance at 2011-2012 season :
    Posted by mxt[/QUOTE]
    They might because they have a lot of money tied up

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Pleaseeeeee dont waste anymore money on a 3rd line "two way, good in his own end, PK, responsible, hard to play against" forward, we have tons of those guys getting paid too much as is.  We need top end talent, be it top pairing dman or 1st line, PP forward.  I beg, no more Kelly, Paille, Boychuck, etc etc etc.  Forget Rex next year, love the guy, but take his and ryders money and try to get some legit talent on this team. 

If you have krejci's line, chara shutting down the back end, the best tender tande, in the NHL, AND just one elite offensive talent to play with seguin or bergy and boost our god awful PP, provide more consistency in scoring etc, well then we're talking!  

But pleaseeee, no more muckers or JAGs!

Sections
Shortcuts