Take it easy on Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Take it easy on Jets

Bruins sure are good.I love it. If playoffs start today Bruins win cup again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Take it easy on Jets

Jets gave Bruins a good game a couple of weeks ago in Boston. I expect the same tomorrow in front of a frenzy of a crowd in Winnipeg.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In Response to Re: Take it easy on Jets:
    [QUOTE]Jets gave Bruins a good game a couple of weeks ago in Boston. I expect the same tomorrow in front of a frenzy of a crowd in Winnipeg.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

If Jets could get Chara @ Bergeron for free they`d be right up there
    with the Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

I'll be at the game sporting my #17 B's jersey and Stanley Cup Champions hat.  As a lifelong Winnipegger, I'm pumped the Jets are back and hope they do well...except when they play my #1 team.

Well worth splitting seasons tickets with 6 buddies to ensure I get tix to both visits from the Bruins.

Should be a great game!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Going to the game... should be a fantastic experience. My first Jets 2.0 game, and my first Bruins game since they were in Van for the finals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be at the game sporting my #17 B's jersey and Stanley Cup Champions hat.  As a lifelong Winnipegger, I'm pumped the Jets are back and hope they do well...except when they play my #1 team. Well worth splitting seasons tickets with 6 buddies to ensure I get tix to both visits from the Bruins. Should be a great game!
    Posted by stanjonathan17[/QUOTE]

Stan, look for a redhead wearing a Bruins Stuart sweater. Coming all the way from Van for this game. Flight leaves at 6 am.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be at the game sporting my #17 B's jersey and Stanley Cup Champions hat.  As a lifelong Winnipegger, I'm pumped the Jets are back and hope they do well...except when they play my #1 team. Well worth splitting seasons tickets with 6 buddies to ensure I get tix to both visits from the Bruins. Should be a great game!

Jets need those 2 points more then Bruins.Whoever wins i`ll be ok with results

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Going to the game... should be a fantastic experience. My first Jets 2.0 game, and my first Bruins game since they were in Van for the finals.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Hey, Red, didn't you have a bad experience at the Van/Bos game during the Finals?  Some Van fans that had a little too much to drink?  I hope the Peg experience is a little better!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take it easy on Jets : Hey, Red, didn't you have a bad experience at the Van/Bos game during the Finals?  Some Van fans that had a little too much to drink?  I hope the Peg experience is a little better!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

You don,t need to worry about that.We love our Jets but we
    respect other teams fans too

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take it easy on Jets : You don,t need to worry about that.We love our Jets but we respect other teams fans too
    Posted by Win-Jets[/QUOTE]

Well, there's a good chance I'll also wear my Jets toque. ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take it easy on Jets : Hey, Red, didn't you have a bad experience at the Van/Bos game during the Finals?  Some Van fans that had a little too much to drink?  I hope the Peg experience is a little better!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Jalvis, the Peg is my hometown, I know the people and the city backwards and forward. Way more comfortable there than I was in Van last spring. If I get into too much trouble I can always flash my Jets 1.0 tat ;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I get the sense from afar that Jets fans (and Oilers, for that matter) are a different breed compared with other Canadian cities. They seem to have far fewer blindspots when it comes to recognizing and respecting the game and other teams/players. I imagine Jets fans are honestly excited to see the Stanley Cup Champs. Still go bonkers for their team, but also a bit excited to see Seguin, Bergeron, Chara, etc.

What do you think? Am I crazy? At minimum, I don't see Winnipeg being a place that would be hostile towards Bruins fans. Can't say the same about TOR, MTL, VAN or CGY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Hmm... I wonder if Fluto will do an on-the-road food report, like he used too.  He may have never been to Winnipeg.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take it easy on Jets : Stan, look for a redhead wearing a Bruins Stuart sweater. Coming all the way from Van for this game. Flight leaves at 6 am.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Thanks Red! I'll keep an eye out for you.

I think the perception noted by others that Winnipeg fans are generally respectful of other teams fans is valid.  The notable exception of course is Habs fans in Winnipeg.  The only trouble I've ever had with wearing my B's jersey around town is from Habs fans.  I actually got into a 'fight' at a Moose playoff game with a jerk who kept following me through the concourse shouting Boston sucks.  I tried to laugh it off and kept walking but the fellow persisted and I had to introduce him to the wall.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I get the sense from afar that Jets fans (and Oilers, for that matter) are a different breed compared with other Canadian cities. They seem to have far fewer blindspots when it comes to recognizing and respecting the game and other teams/players. I imagine Jets fans are honestly excited to see the Stanley Cup Champs. Still go bonkers for their team, but also a bit excited to see Seguin, Bergeron, Chara, etc. What do you think? Am I crazy? At minimum, I don't see Winnipeg being a place that would be hostile towards Bruins fans. Can't say the same about TOR, MTL, VAN or CGY.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Outside a few here the majority of Jets fans on other sites like HF and TSN etc... Have been driving me nuts. They love to throw out the Bruins are the dirtiest team. That they win only by gooning and that Campbell is protecting them.

IDK if its sarcasm or not but I really, really want them to smash the Jets to pieces tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take it easy on Jets : Outside a few here the majority of Jets fans on other sites like HF and TSN etc... Have been driving me nuts. They love to throw out the Bruins are the dirtiest team. That they win only by gooning and that Campbell is protecting them. IDK if its sarcasm or not but I really, really want them to smash the Jets to pieces tonight.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you've noticed yet, but the majority of ALL fans on HF and TSN say that.

PS got in about 45 minutes ago, sitting at an internet cafe waiting for my ride from the airport - nice to be home. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fluto's getting lazy.  Then again, if he eats on his own dime the same way he does on teh Globe's, dude must be 400 lbs of Sumo right now wheezing his way up to the pressbox.

I lived in the 'peg for a short time a long time ago.  And I had no money then.  So my fine dining recommendations would be - a burger at the Toad?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Fluto's getting lazy.  Then again, if he eats on his own dime the same way he does on teh Globe's, dude must be 400 lbs of Sumo right now wheezing his way up to the pressbox. I lived in the 'peg for a short time a long time ago.  And I had no money then.  So my fine dining recommendations would be - a burger at the Toad?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm Toad in the Hole....

I'll be hitting the King's Head before and after the game I think.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Fluto's getting lazy.  Then again, if he eats on his own dime the same way he does on teh Globe's, dude must be 400 lbs of Sumo right now wheezing his way up to the pressbox. I lived in the 'peg for a short time a long time ago.  And I had no money then.  So my fine dining recommendations would be - a burger at the Toad?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Burgers are always good and not always the poor mans food. There's a place I know that has burgers at 40.00 - 50.00 on their menu.

I also have only been once to Winnipeg and it was darn cold and I'm a northerner.
    I did warm up fast with the people .
    As for HF boards and even TSN I think the average age is 16 years old for comments like those.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadiannut. Show Macacanadiannut's posts

I will be at the Game wearing my Orr sweater.I too am a lifelong Winnipeger and got a call from my bud last night saying he had an extra ticket to the Game! I am going to the FEb 17th game too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadiannut. Show Macacanadiannut's posts

[QUOTE]I get the sense from afar that Jets fans (and Oilers, for that matter) are a different breed compared with other Canadian cities. They seem to have far fewer blindspots when it comes to recognizing and respecting the game and other teams/players. I imagine Jets fans are honestly excited to see the Stanley Cup Champs. Still go bonkers for their team, but also a bit excited to see Seguin, Bergeron, Chara, etc. What do you think? Am I crazy? At minimum, I don't see Winnipeg being a place that would be hostile towards Bruins fans. Can't say the same about TOR, MTL, VAN or CGY.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

You are right, Jets fans know their hockey. There are lots of Bruin fans here in the pEg too. Should be a good game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadiannut. Show Macacanadiannut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take it easy on Jets : Mmmmm Toad in the Hole.... I'll be hitting the King's Head before and after the game I think.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Hey Red, My Nephew is a cook at the Toad. Maybe see you at the KIngs head. I have a membership there. Might go to 4 play Sports across from the MTS centre

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I thought the scheduling for this game was rather odd . In Pittsburgh one night and the next night playing in Winnipeg. I had to check to see if that was right when I read it the first time. Different.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take it easy on Jets : Hey Red, My Nephew is a cook at the Toad. Maybe see you at the KIngs head. I have a membership there. Might go to 4 play Sports across from the MTS centre
    Posted by Macacanadiannut[/QUOTE]

Been a member there since the 90's, and some folks I know through ROTJ will be at 4 play tonight. Maybe we will bump into each other.

And Chowdah, got to agree that this is one of the weirder road trips I've seen.

Sections
Shortcuts