Takeaways for the B's from last Night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Takeaways for the B's from last Night

Yes, it was a meaningless game for them but there were some interesting things that transpired:

1. Khudobin-obviously one of them. 44 saves and looking very comfortable. Also signed for next year. Does this mean Rask or TT may be moving on after July 1?

2. Krug-another solid game. Does not look out of place. Good start for him. Very poised, confident and not prone to gaffs (things that Kampfer, Bartkowsky, and even Hunwick seemed to fall victim to). Yes he is small but so was Don Sweeney and even Greg Hawgood, two guys who had decent careers in spite of their size.

3. Mcquaid-seems to be injury proned this year. Hope he is alright for the playoffs.

4. Seidenberg- played 27 mintues last night, likely because McQuaid did not finish the game. Hope he doesn't get burned out.

5. 4rth Line-not at their best last night. Iced the puck consistently and a lazy penalty by Thornton. They need to play better in the playoffs.

Anything else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Takeaways for the B's from last Night

I was thinking about your #4. With Chara playing on Saturday, I hope they give Seids the game off. He'll be seeing a lot of minutes in the playoffs, likely playing with Z. And avoid any injury to him as well. He was HUGE last playoff season.

Maybe consider giving Looch and Krecji a day off as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Ron, I too am hoping that is the plan. If Chara and Bergeron play tomorrow they can rest Seidenberg and Krecji. It would be the smart thing to do in my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1. If you read into Fluto and KPDs snide remarks on the blog Thomas might be priced out of Boston. It's all about the return for TT so it depends.

2. Krug looks ok now but I would want to see him in a game that is really physical and tight checking then I would have a better idea.

3. I don't think we will see McQuaid in the 1st round his head is still throbbing from the Chimera hit. Bruins trainer did a good thing suggesting to Julien to keep Adam out last night so it was not a new injury.

4. I don't think Siedenberg can tire out. I've never seen the German plow horse look remotely out of gas at anytime even when he was with the Canes.

5. Thornton has concerned me quite allot lately with some really doopid penalties but I expect the 4th line minutes to be very low in the playoffs. If Horton makes it back for round 2 I would expect caron to be on the 4th line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Good points SanDog. I picked up on the Fluto comment from last night too. There are many teams that want goaltending (TB, TO, CBJ, FLA, CHI, NYI, etc) and TT's NMC (too many acronyms I know) runs out on July 1. I think someone will dangle a good draft pick, which is something I think PC wants due to the cap, and TT will be gone. I am comfortable with a Rask/Khudobin tandem for next year.

I still can't believe how disinterested the Sens looked last night. And Karlsson fishing for the puck on that first B's goal was just a classic case in how not to play a 2 on 1 as a D man. He has a lot to learn.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Takeaways for the B's from last Night:
    [QUOTE]Good points SanDog. I picked up on the Fluto comment from last night too. There are many teams that want goaltending (TB, TO, CBJ, FLA, CHI, NYI, etc) and TT's NMC (too many acronyms I know) runs out on July 1. I think someone will dangle a good draft pick, which is something I think PC wants due to the cap, and TT will be gone. I am comfortable with a Rask/Khudobin tandem for next year. I still can't believe how disinterested the Sens looked last night. And Karlsson fishing for the puck on that first B's goal was just a classic case in how not to play a 2 on 1 as a D man. He has a lot to learn.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Why would you go from elite goaltending to "comfortable" goaltending?  Also, we dont need the cap room.  We're under the cap and have pretty much the entire team locked up for next season.  We dont need any expensive free agents.

I just dont see the point of trading Thomas. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

TR and his increase for Nash throw in Hamill, for u know who likes this.

GOAT!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Takeaways for the B's from last Night : Why would you go from elite goaltending to "comfortable" goaltending?  Also, we dont need the cap room.  We're under the cap and have pretty much the entire team locked up for next season.  We dont need any expensive free agents. I just dont see the point of trading Thomas. 
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Good questions. Let me elaborate. As per Capgeek.com the B's have around $5.3 million in cap space for next year with 3 position open. This actually includes Krug and Khudobin so add another $2million to open cap space and 2 roster spots and the team has 5 open positions  and just over $7million. They need three forwards, 1 d man, and a back up goalie. Rask will likely cost anywhere between $3.5 to $4 million so the team is down to (if $3.5 million) around $4million for 3 forwards, 1d man , and some cap space to operate with for the season. Should PC decide to put Savard on LTIR (something he did not do this season by the way) we can add another $4million to cap space but add another roster spot too.

Any way you look at it, money will be pretty tight. I just think TT is the most logical piece to trade if it comes to that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

With Seids, this week's issue of THN highlights 5 players as the ultimate playoff warriors in the league based on different archtypes. Seids is on of the 5, along with Thomas. They talk about how he will take an absolute licking and sacrafice his body, and just keep on going.He's one player where injuries or tiring out don't really concern me (The other three are Kesler, for playing hurt, Keith, for logging up the minutes, and Richards, for stepping up his play).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hey !  Thanks for the post...Again I was only able to watch half of the first period...This work thing is annoying at times...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Hey !  Thanks for the post...Again I was only able to watch half of the first period...This work thing is annoying at times...
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

No problem Stuke. I realize not everyone on these boards have as much flextime as myself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

did anyone notice the chemistry between zanon and corvo?  i thought they played well together.   

i think ottawa would rather play the rangers after last night. 

i wish rask the best, but would rather keep timmah and hudo.  the former can't stay healthy and when he did, he wilted.