Taking Liberties

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Taking Liberties

So, people love to talk about how this style or that style or this type of player or that type of player or toughness or fighting prevents players taking liberties.  We read it here ALL THE TIME.

Before the Scott cheapshot, there was a faceoff between Krejci and Ott.  Krejci wins the faceoff and Ott punches him in the head.

There isn't a tougher team in the league than the Bruins.  Ott had no fear.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Taking Liberties

I'm sure Kreji expected Ott would be penalized, but the refs were not too swift last night. It also looked like Claude had dictated "zero" retaliation which is the only excuse for the hesitancy and sloppy play

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So, people love to talk about how this style or that style or this type of player or that type of player or toughness or fighting prevents players taking liberties.  We read it here ALL THE TIME.

Before the Scott cheapshot, there was a faceoff between Krejci and Ott.  Krejci wins the faceoff and Ott punches him in the head.

There isn't a tougher team in the league than the Bruins.  Ott had no fear.

I agree completely.

Having guys like Thornton, or ANYONE on your team will not prevent a dirty player from committing a dirty act. Its a fallicy. 

No player thinks about laying out a dirty check, looks at the other teams bench and says "Oh wait a sec...Shawn Thornton (not singling him out, using as an example bc of his role) is on that team, better not hit this guy directly in the head" 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Absolute prime example why Thornton doesn't need to be on the Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Ott is still a dirtbag. Needs to attend the Matt Cook workshop of love, peace and clean hockey.

I hope the B's bring that cheapshot on DK to the attention of the league so the refs will be made aware to pay attention to it. Ott has done this before. He times it perfectly to the point where he knows the ref has turned his attention away from the centers and to the direction of the puck. Ott only has a brief second to get his shot in before the opposing center has disengaged. I picture Ott watching tape of face-offs with different refs figuring out which ones he can pull his dirtbaggery on.

Sections
Shortcuts