Talbot dealt for Downie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Talbot dealt for Downie

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9908303/colorado-avalanche-acquire-maxime-talbot-trade-philadelphia-flyers

Downie was better off in Tampa and Talbot in Pitt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Talbot dealt for Downie

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Downie returns to Philly.  He and rinaldo are sans favorite players.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Love to have Downie on the Bruins, great pest who can pop 20 goals in on the right line. Rinaldo is a fringe AHL player who looks to try n hurt players, thinking he is making a positive impression on GMs around the league. Not even close too being the same types of players whatsoever.

Holmgren is starting the long term contract purge. Hartnell and Coburn are probably next. Just looking over the Flyers cap problems on capgeek, astonishing Holmgren has a job. Just do not see why Snyder keeps this guy around. Paul's free agent blunders don't get better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Love to have Downie on the Bruins, great pest who can pop 20 goals in on the right line. Rinaldo is a fringe AHL player who looks to try n hurt players, thinking he is making a positive impression on GMs around the league. Not even close too being the same types of players whatsoever.

Holmgren is starting the long term contract purge. Hartnell and Coburn are probably next. Just looking over the Flyers cap problems on capgeek, astonishing Holmgren has a job. Just do not see why Snyder keeps this guy around. Paul's free agent blunders don't get better.

I see philly and edmonton making block buster.  Hartnell. Coburn Couturier(sp). For yako smid Gagner.  Thoughts?   Holmgren is just brutal.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Edmonton have a lot of needs but they have many young forwards to trade so I think they could deal with Philly. Hartnell would be perfect fit for the Oilers Shup. I don't think Holmgren parts with Couturier, I wouldn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I also wouldn't mind seeing Downie on the Bs. He's a little dirty but he brings it every night and has some skill.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Downie has a real problem getting along with his teammates.  I mean, his production is good and their 10-1 record doesn't seem like a reason to deal anyone, let alone a top 6 forward.  To these eyes, he's been a really good player for them and is part of the reason for their early swagger.

I think that Roy, like Rick Tochett, can't tolerate some of the Downie nonsense off the ice.  And, the Avs are cheap.  Talbot is signed for another two years at a good deal.

Still, puzzling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think Downie is a ufa at the end of the year and the AV's likely wanted to move him now, Talbot is more veratile and should fit in well with Colorado. Downie on the other hand is a talented player but could be put in the Rinaldo category, hits to hurt/injure but has more skills.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

For the Avs, it was an odd move. Maybe something going on behind the scenes?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

For the Avs, it was an odd move. Maybe something going on behind the scenes?

^Yes

Sections
Shortcuts