Talk about "Manning Up"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Talk about "Manning Up"

Krejci has been the absolute definition.  Everyone and their dog cites his injury as the turning point in last year's series, and he was playing some great hockey at the time - maybe the best of his career.  This year, the Flyers have been doing everything they can to get him thinking of that hit last year - and all he's done in response is score 8 points in three games including the game winner in every game.  There's a guy who wants this series bad.  If he keeps this up, and Bergeron continues to register a point/game....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Talk about "Manning Up"

Funny Darren Pang commented on the Bruins assistant coaches were screaming at the Bruins to keep their heads up. I've been basically watching David when he is on the ice not watching the puck however Krejci has had control of the puck when he is on the ice with a head on a swivel. I thought he hadn't learned his lesson when TJ Oshie drilled him earlier this year but David has. Correct Philly does not have any idea what to do with Krejci.

Teammates helping Krejci's cause Daniel Paille drills Versteeg early in the game tonight and you never see David's AHL battery mate take another run him. You haven't seen Shelley back since Johnny B hammered him. Bruins have one more game of hitting the hapless Flyers like tonight to end it. Then we can watch Marty and Vinnie shake their heads at David just like Philly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: Talk about "Manning Up":
    Then we can watch Marty and Vinnie shake their heads at David just like Philly.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I think it will be the other way around, San.  I don't see this Bruins team getting past a Tampa Bay Lightning team playing to their potential.  They outclass Boston in all area's of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Man you are wrong about Tampa, when the bruins start to hit them they will have their game slowed down and the Bruins will take over, but this Philly series is not done yet. I have a very good feeling this season because TT is in the ZONE and are playing their best hockey when it counts. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

First !   Let's get game 4 in the win column

Second !  Go away with your Tamp Bay predictions bim... Go to the Bolts boards and hang out....unreal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Talk about "Manning Up" : I think it will be the other way around, San.  I don't see this Bruins team getting past a Tampa Bay Lightning team playing to their potential.  They outclass Boston in all area's of the game.
    Posted by bim09

Yea I would take Rollie over TT any day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk about "Manning Up" : I think it will be the other way around, San.  I don't see this Bruins team getting past a Tampa Bay Lightning team playing to their potential.  They outclass Boston in all area's of the game.

Did you watch the season,
    Tbay won the first meeting 3-1 in TB against Rask
    with TT in Boston won the next 3
    8-1 in Bos
    4-3 in TB
    2-1 in Bos
    4 games
    Stamkos 2G 1A, St.Louis 1G 1A, Lecalv 1G, Malone 3A, Bertgen 2A, Downie 2A
    Krej 2G 2A, Ryder 3G 2A,  Hort 3A, Luc 2G 1A, Rec 2G 2A, Thorn 1G 1A, Marc 1G 1A

I like the B's chances, the D and TT totally stimied TB, it was fun to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Talk about "Manning Up" : I think it will be the other way around, San.  I don't see this Bruins team getting past a Tampa Bay Lightning team playing to their potential.  They outclass Boston in all area's of the game.
    Posted by bim09

No they don't.  Moore and Bergenheim were the keys to that series sweep.  That's...Dominic Moore...and Sean Bergenheim.  Just a refresher - that's two guys who weren't good enough for the Leafs and the Islanders.  They also beat the Caps by playing a shut-down defensive game.  The Bruins have shown they can score against a tight defensive system in the Shab series.  Tampa will have a healthy D-corps, but...so?  That's not a murderers row of D they have - lots of soft D in M-A Bergeron, Brewer and Kubina.  Their big name forwards have played well vs. Pitt and Was, and Roloson has been strong - but neither of those teams can roll Chara and Bergeron over the boards as a matchup for the St. Louis/Stamkos line, and I'll take the Krejci vs. Lecavalier or Downie line matchup because I'm not worried that Bergenheim and Moore, Purcell and Downie will continue to score a the clip their on now.

Not to say it would be easy for the Bruins to win; I think that would be a great series if the Bruins get there.  But they are not outclassed in any phase of the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh yeah - another interesting statistical note.  How is Marty St. Louis a -5 in the playoffs?  Stamkos is -2.  Hedman's -3.  Great players, but not in another class as a team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The regular season means nothing.

As far as being banished to the Lightning board for giving my opinion, let's be honest, the Bolts match up with the B's almost identically the way Montreal does.  Krejci won't get time and space and turnovers will end up in the back of the net.

Tampa Bay isn't Montreal, they're better than Montreal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Book, I do not like this match up.  I said it in the beginning of the season TBL is a team that could be scary in the playoffs.  Now the Bruins, more than likely, have to play them. :/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep, and I've said all along that the Lightning don't scare me the way they do some.  They have flashy names at the high end, but those +/- numbers for St. Louis and Stamkos tell me that the Bruins will, as usual, be the more effective 5 on 5 team.  Play well on the PK and stay out of the box, and I think the overall advantage goes to Boston. 

The real question is whether the Moore line stays hot, but you know what?  Watching the Bergenheim goals vs. Washington, he's banging in bad rebounds and second and third chance goals.  The B's have been applying the kind of back-pressure from the forward group that lets you clean that garbage up before a Bergenheim can cash.

Let's be fair to the Bruins here - they're a better offensive team than the Crosby and Malkin-less Penguins, and a better team defense and goaltending team than the Capitals.  They'd be the toughest test the Lightning will have faced, just as the Lightning will require the Bruins to play like they did last night every night.  Again, the Bruins might win and might lose if they get to the Tampa series, but they won't be outclassed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Book, I do not like this match up.  I said it in the beginning of the season TBL is a team that could be scary in the playoffs.  Now the Bruins, more than likely, have to play them. :/
    Posted by bim09

I agree that it's not one of our better match ups but if the Bs play like they have been no one beats them in the East and hopefully not SJ either as I think they'll come out of the west and are a deep team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bim, I think the key will be both teams 3rd lines and I think the Bs have the edge with Peverley n Kelly. Another key is a healthy horse like TOI Boston is getting from Siedenberg St. Louis n Stamkos will get neutralizied by the Bruins two big trees. Lastly no way does Roloson out perform Thomas TT is locked in.

And oh yah you're right you belong on this board Bim...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Funny Darren Pang commented on the Bruins assistant coaches were screaming at the Bruins to keep their heads up. I've been basically watching David when he is on the ice not watching the puck however Krejci has had control of the puck when he is on the ice with a head on a swivel. I thought he hadn't learned his lesson when TJ Oshie drilled him earlier this year but David has. Correct Philly does not have any idea what to do with Krejci. Teammates helping Krejci's cause Daniel Paille drills Versteeg early in the game tonight and you never see David's AHL battery mate take another run him. You haven't seen Shelley back since Johnny B hammered him. Bruins have one more game of hitting the hapless Flyers like tonight to end it. Then we can watch Marty and Vinnie shake their heads at David just like Philly.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Dont forget this statline:

Marchand 0g 1a 8hits

and they were all good ones too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, to say they are outclassed is crazy.  The Bruins have a better goalie, better defensmen, better goal differential, more balanced lines, etc.  I agree that Tampa looks very good, and St. Louis always seems to be one of the few guys that gives Chara fits, but otherwise it is not that bad of a matchup.  Washington had all kinds of problems defensively that made Bergenheim and Moore look like all-stars.

And I fully agree on Krejci.  Philly has every single guy taking a run at Krejci at every single opportunity.  It's obvious that they thought he would wither when being hit so relentlessly.  They were wrong. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I dont know why people say the regular season doesnt matter.  Why doesnt it?  Because it the playoffs now?  Are these different teams somehow?  Come on.  People said the same thing about the Philly series and guess what, Bruins have dominated even more than in the regular season.

Tampa is a very good team, you cant deny that, but I dont see how they match up well with Boston.  They are like the Habs but theyre better on the front, worse on the back.  DR!?  Seriously?!?!?  You think the Bruins wont light him up?

It will be a good series, thats for sure, but I dont know what Tampa is going to do to get by Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk or THOMAS!  And how are they going to stop Krejci, Bergeron, Horton, Marchand, Lucic, Kelly exactly?

Its hockey, anything can happen, but youve got to look at whats been done so far.  Tampa doesnt match up with Boston in any areas well, and in some areas they are down right horrible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Posted by bim09

Disagree 100%.  TB has more star power than the Bruins, but I think it's also fair to say Washington had more star power than TB and look where that got them.  Bruins have far more depth at forward, defense, and goalie. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

To add to that, the only thing that does scare me about TB is their PP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Bruins will impose their physical will on the Bolts. Chara will step on midgets like St. Louis. Boychuk, Horton, Lucic, McQuaid...these guys will have Tampa running and screaming like a bunch of little girlybitches. Bruins in five.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

To add to that, the only thing that does scare me about TB is their PP.
    Posted by mb30

That is how Montreal matched up against us and that series went 7 with multiple overtimes.

If Tampa Bay plays a solid defensive game, and they have been playing well defensively, the series will come down to special teams play.  And that advantage, overwhelmingly, goes to Tampa Bay.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

its not going to be a walk in the park or anything bim, but to say that they match up against us across the board or whatever is absurd. We have a slight edge in goaltending, we have an edge in depth, and we have a big edge on the blue line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The recipe for the B's won't change.  Win the 5 on 5 play by 2 or more goals, give up one or less PP goals, put the "W" in the books. Pretty good recipe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Posted by bim09

Except defense and goaltending. Forwards they have more high end talent but less depth, so that could be a draw.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Talk about "Manning Up" : Except defense and goaltending. Forwards they have more high end talent but less depth, so that could be a draw.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

I'm happy knowing that Chara is the weapon no other team can bring to the fight.

Sections
Shortcuts