Tampa Bay assistant: Bruins fans come for the fight and the hockey game is 2ndary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Tampa Bay assistant: Bruins fans come for the fight and the hockey game is 2ndary

Tampa Bay assistant coach was quoted saying that the Bruins fans come to the hockey game to see fights and the hockey game is secondary.

I'm ok with fighting in hockey but that doesn't mean I'm disappointed if there isn't a fight.

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Tampa Bay assistant: Bruins fans come for the fight and the hockey game is 2ndary

Couldn't find a link but they've been talking about it on 98.5

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: Tampa Bay assistant: Bruins fans come for the fight and the hockey game is 2ndary

I heard it........ WAA WAA WAA!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

that's what a coach says that just had their butts handed to them.  weh, weh, weh - i can hear him now-"those big meanies..." to which i would reply...no,no its  "those big bad bruins...get it straight!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I honestly think he may of mispoke and then the quote has run away from him.

He would have been better off saying "Boston fans really get into when the rough stuff starts" which is what I think was the jist of his comment. But he dropped that stupid line.

I say next time the B's play TB in BOS teh Garden gives out free foam boxing gloves to all the fans!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Sounds like a total wuss. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ILH... you are on to something here.  also hand out jones and cooke foam masks and let all he** break lose!! it also wouldn't hurt to do a beer special!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He should talk with a team that has cheap shot artists like Downie and Jones.

I can't answer your survey.  You should edit  and add another option.

3- fighting is part of hockey therefore both.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ILH... you are on to something here.  also hand out jones and cooke foam masks and let all he** break lose!! it also wouldn't hurt to do a beer special!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

sorry for the double post...operator error

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I'm with BsLegion, I love watching hockey and fighting is part of the game - so I assumed that fighting was included in the hockey option which was where my vote was cast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

What a jerk, Id love to beat him up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Phil Espo has ties with tampa ,fire his a** Phil ,LOL 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I like to see a physical, comptetive game...if a spontaneous fight happens that's one thing, but I hate staged dances. So, based on the choices, I did not make a selection.
    Sorry,
    Doc

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

At least the Bruins have fans unlike TB who can barely fill their rink on most nights.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I love both hockey and fights, staged or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

Hating on B's fans because your team was physically outplayed? No class. Should be fined and send the donation to March of Dimes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa Bay assistant: Bruins fans come for the fight and the hockey game is 2ndary:
    [QUOTE]I heard it........ WAA WAA WAA!!!!!!
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Brought a tear to my eye as well.  We had Grapes and they obviously have sour grapes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa Bay assistant: Bruins fans come for the fight and the hockey game is 2ndary:
    [QUOTE]He should talk with a team that has cheap shot artists like Downie and Jones. I can't answer your survey.  You should edit  and add another option. 3- fighting is part of hockey therefore both.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the "distinct kicking motion" from St. Louis towards Recchi.  Cry babies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If he read the posts in here prior I would agree with him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I kept it to fighting and hockey to make people choose why they go to the games. Is it for fighting or hockey.

If I added hockey with the possbility of fights, that option would have been a land slide winner given the fans I know on this board and Boston in general love fighting in hockey. 

When is the last time someone saw a diving call in an NHL game? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

nrguy,

I enjoy a good tilt as well but its not why I pay the money. Its almost like getting a free desert with the meal. 
    I like watching teams that know how to play the game.  Detroit is masterful as is Vancouver. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If my new defensive stud acquisition got his head handed to him like that, I'd probably say stupid things also.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

There is a time and a place for it, but I am of the same school as NAS - I don't want to see staged fights and think we should get rid of the "enforcers" that can't play hockey. i.e. Gillies 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree with getting rid of the cavemen with sticks.  Problem is some of these guys turn into decent players.  You can pretty much point out the obvious ones
    Boogieman-Scott-Parros-Shelley.

But then a guy like Cartner and Prust come up and you gotta think twice.  Cartner isnt bad.  Prust is playing great.  Both known for fists and it is why they are in the league.

It will never happen until fighting is completely gone. 

Sections
Shortcuts