Tampa Bay at Montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Tampa Bay at Montreal

Anyone watching this game... refs are handing the Habs this game. Everything is a penalty!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Tampa Bay at Montreal

T-Bay has had some real beauties called against them tonight. Very off game for the refs tonight. Oh great, another call on them as I was typing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

4 power plays just in the third period alone make sure the Habs get their win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I always, always laugh when hockey fans say refs don't cost teams games. Tonight in Montreal is a perfect example, what a complete joke!

Shab fans have the nerve to sing Ole of course.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

4 power plays just in the third period alone make sure the Habs get their win.

Yeah and Bruin's are lucky if they get 1 powerplay a game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

As a fan, sometimes you think it is only happening to your team... I have long known better than this and tonight is just another example. This was a meaningless game but c'mon! Shameless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Saw that they scored with little time left and thought, "Let me guess, a power play goal right?"

Of course, and drawn by Subban of all people.  I'm not big on conspiracy stuff, and I suspect the Canadiens players are guilty of dives far less than many people who post here would like to believe, but this story seems to be told very often.  How annoying.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Has anyone seen this video of Peter Laviolette going nuts about Habs and officiating.  Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub80OPJDZUo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Dive after dive after dive. These are supossed to be the best refs in the world and they fall for that sh!t all the time. Ruins hockey for me and OMG it is sooooo frustrating

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

waaaaay back in the late 80's or early 90's i logged box scores on penalties called where montreal was involved for an entire season. I felt like the B's were getting screwed by the refs but I considered the fact that I'm biased. So I took a scientific approach. I didn't save it but it was an interesting study. It wasn't just that montreal was given more powerplays (they were just slightly less penalized) it was when they got those powerplays. If the situation was where the canadiens needed a goal, particularly late in the game because they were down by a goal or tied or maybe up by 1, they got more powerplays than their opponent by something like a 4 to 1 ratio. In other situations, such as when they were well ahead or well behind, the ratio was actually slightly against montreal. When i looked at games that were of particular importance (against a division rival or where montreal could really use the points) it was a guaranty that a montreal power play would be granted in the last few minutes of a close game. I don't think the diving was nearly as common at the time as it is now so it lends itself to officiating bias more than poor officiating.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

waaaaay back in the late 80's or early 90's i logged box scores on penalties called where montreal was involved for an entire season. I felt like the B's were getting screwed by the refs but I considered the fact that I'm biased. So I took a scientific approach. I didn't save it but it was an interesting study. It wasn't just that montreal was given more powerplays (they were just slightly less penalized) it was when they got those powerplays. If the situation was where the canadiens needed a goal, particularly late in the game because they were down by a goal or tied or maybe up by 1, they got more powerplays than their opponent by something like a 4 to 1 ratio. In other situations, such as when they were well ahead or well behind, the ratio was actually slightly against montreal. When i looked at games that were of particular importance (against a division rival or where montreal could really use the points) it was a guaranty that a montreal power play would be granted in the last few minutes of a close game. I don't think the diving was nearly as common at the time as it is now so it lends itself to officiating bias more than poor officiating.

Very interesting. I wish there were other current examples of studies to quantify what I think I see because I fully admit a bias/hate for the Habs. I've asked some Hab friends their thoughts but I don't trust their opinion that the Habs are no worse than anyone else. I admit it happens on occassion on the Bs too, but they are few and far between.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

PARANOIA.... DOCTORS PRESCRIBE PILLS FOR THAT... :Sealed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Luanne.  Enough.  We don't want you here.  Emotions are running in all different directions as we attempt to come to grips with Monday's events.

Go troll some other team, or maybe, just stop all together.  Is being a total c*nt really all that fun?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Luanne7's comment:

PARANOIA.... DOCTORS PRECRIBE PILLS FOR THAT... :Sealed

Do you really believe the Habs don't dive a lot? I am being sincere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Very interesting. I wish there were other current examples of studies to quantify what I think I see because I fully admit a bias/hate for the Habs. I've asked some Hab friends their thoughts but I don't trust their opinion that the Habs are no worse than anyone else. I admit it happens on occassion on the Bs too, but they are few and far between.

"There are three constants in life: Death, Taxes, and the first penalty in Montreal."

-Harry Sinden

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

And of course you know this how.

Yes I believe lulu is a total c.  But what is precribe.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Surprise surprise, Montreal gets a powerplay in last minute of a game on home ice. This is getting very old. On the flip side, how do the Sabres get 6 powerplays and the Bruins only 1 the other night at T.D. Garden ?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

In response to ColonCampbell's comment:

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Surprise surprise, Montreal gets a powerplay in last minute of a game on home ice. This is getting very old. On the flip side, how do the Sabres get 6 powerplays and the Bruins only 1 the other night at T.D. Garden ?

LOL very true

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

And of course you know this how.

Yes I believe lulu is a total c.  But what is precribe.

prescribe lollllllllllll 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

Boston's fans see what they wanna see... they're obsessed with the Habs lol love it.... so funny to see their frustrations when it comes to Mtl priceless

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Boston's fans see what they wanna see... they're obsessed with the Habs lol love it.... so funny to see their frustrations when it comes to Mtl priceless

Just stating the facts. Habs have had the most powerplays in the league, Bruins have had the least. Look it up yourself.

25. This post has been removed.