Tampa PP.....2nd best in the series?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Tampa PP.....2nd best in the series?

By my calculations the Boston PP currently isn't the worst in this series. Quietly lost in Boston's 2 for 18 PP is the fact that Tampa is 2 for 19 along with a sh goal against. While Boston's PP isn't winning any games for them, the Tampa PP has been hardly the difference maker that many anticipated. .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: Tampa PP?

That's interesting. I hadn't the slightest that was the case. I keep hearing about how dangerous Tampa's powerplay is and they look scary most of the time so combined with the complete ineptitude of the Bruins PP, I guess I was completely blinded to the facts. Perception is weird that way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa PP?:
    [QUOTE]That's interesting. I hadn't the slightest that was the case. I keep hearing about how dangerous Tampa's powerplay is and they look scary most of the time so combined with the complete ineptitude of the Bruins PP, I guess I was completely blinded to the facts. Perception is weird that way.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    When blinded by the rage of another lost opportunity on the PP, it becomes easy to overlook that the PK has been outstanding. They just need to keep on doing it and the PP and 5 on 5 should hopefully take care of itself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa PP?:
    [QUOTE]That's interesting. I hadn't the slightest that was the case. I keep hearing about how dangerous Tampa's powerplay is and they look scary most of the time so combined with the complete ineptitude of the Bruins PP, I guess I was completely blinded to the facts. Perception is weird that way.

VS coverage will do that to ya.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Tampa PP.....2nd best in the series?

Another day of complaints over the PP yet nobody is giving props to the the Boston PK. Boston is currently winning the special teams battle but you certainly wouldn't know it by the number of angry posts. Oh well, I'll take reality over perception any day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa PP.....2nd best in the series?:
    [QUOTE]Boston is currently winning the special teams battle but you certainly wouldn't know it by the number of angry posts. Oh well, I'll take reality over perception any day.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Were you watching CBC last night?

Bob Cole: "This is a special teams game and Tampa Bay is the far better team at that."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

That's a testament to the B's penalty kill and one Timothy Thomas...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i find it interesting that going into the playoffs, every poster, analyst and joe-shmo chimed in that "the pp is such a HUGE factor come playoffs, as the pp goes, so does one's success". well, the bruins were the FIRST team to win a playoff series w/o a pp goal. then swept a series netting just two, one on a 5v3. i have posted time and again that pp goals are nothing but gravy for the bruins. they are the best 5v5 team in the league. that's got to count for something. oh wait , it does, two series wins and one win from the cup finals. bruins pk has been fantastic, paille has been UNBELIEVABLE- he's worth having on the roster just for pk. let's not forget the best penalty killer(next to #20), is the goalie!   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tampa PP.....2nd best in the series? : Were you watching CBC last night? Bob Cole: "This is a special teams game and Tampa Bay is the far better team at that."
    DC, that's essentially why I started this thread. I'm so sick of hearing about the way Tampa is controlling the special teams battle when the exact opposite is true.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Tampa PP.....2nd best in the series?:
    [QUOTE]By my calculations the Boston PP currently isn't the worst in this series. Quietly lost in Boston's 2 for 18 PP is the fact that Tampa is 2 for 19 along with a sh goal against. While Boston's PP isn't winning any games for them, the Tampa PP has been hardly the difference maker that many anticipated. .
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

A very interesting post dez, and something I was not actually aware of.

You gotta wonder if whichever team's PP comes to life first will tip the balance and win this series...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

you are absolutely correct on both Boston's PK, and on Boston's defense. That is Claude's mantra, and the skilled players, on this team, do a good job with the defense-first dictates. They have limited all of Tampa's big guns, especially Stamkos. Le Cavelier[ sp.?] has been better than in prior years, and he is causing Timmy to make some great saves. Claude, and his coaches, have the horses, but have no clue on how to capitalize on offense. when the B's break out they almost score at will, but Claude's 3rd man high is more defensive than offensive, and the dump and chase gives the puck away much too often. I am rooting for a 6th game close-out, but Tampa will be racing into corners and zipping cross crease passes as they crash the net.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa PP.....2nd best in the series?:[QUOTE] bruins pk has been fantastic, paille has been UNBELIEVABLE- he's worth having on the roster just for pk. let's not forget the best penalty killer(next to #20), is the goalie!   
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Paille is worth much, much more than 1.1Mil he has been insane on the PK.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i just tried to look this up with little success, what is the fewest number of pp goals scored for a stanley cup winning team(all rounds combined)? not saying the b's are going to win it all, i'm hoping they do, not making a declaration here.  it's obviously not zero, since no team has ever won a series w/o one. except the b's of course. just wondering if history COULD be made... again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]i just tried to look this up with little success, what is the fewest number of pp goals scored for a stanley cup winning team(all rounds combined)? not saying the b's are going to win it all, i'm hoping they do, not making a declaration here.  it's obviously not zero, since no team has ever won a series w/o one. except the b's of course. just wondering if history COULD be made... again.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Going back to '97-'98, NJ had 12 in '99-'00.  13 came up a couple of times too (Dallas and NJ again).  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tampa PP.....2nd best in the series? : A very interesting post dez, and something I was not actually aware of. You gotta wonder if whichever team's PP comes to life first will tip the balance and win this series...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Fletch, that's one thing that is scaring me about T-Bay right now. All things considered, Tampa has a better shot at breaking out of it's slumber than we do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Well the stats do say Boston powerplay is better then Tampa Bays, Tampa's powerplay rarely look bad and give moment to the Bruins when the powerplay is over. Normally when the powerplay for Tampa is over the bruins can look tired were as after a Bruins powerplay when Boston is chasing pucks sent back into our end and rarely have any time in their zone Tampa can get a big momentum shift

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Well the stats do say Boston powerplay is better then Tampa Bays, Tampa's powerplay rarely look bad and give moment to the Bruins when the powerplay is over.
    Posted by STFXbruins[/QUOTE]

Word. I can't help but think of that PP last night when the Lightning had McQuaid and (Kaberle?) pinned in the defensive zone for 1:54 before Z could get on. They dominated that shift, didn't score, but came close (Timmy bailed us out HUGE).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The PP is no more important in the playoffs than it is in the regular season.  The Bruins did not depend on it then, and don't now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]The PP is no more important in the playoffs than it is in the regular season.  The Bruins did not depend on it then, and don't now.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I suspect that if we make it to the next round and play Vancouver, this statement will not hold true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

PPG  Stanley cup winner-*
    2010  Phi 23  Chi 18*
    2009  Det 23  Pit  19*
    2008  Pit   21 Det  20*
    2007  Det  19 Ott  18  Ana 16*
    2006  Car  31*  Edm  24
    2004  TB   21*  CAL  15
    2003  MIN  16   NJ  13*   PLAYED  ANA 8-1ROAD PPG 6TH MOST
    2002  DET  19*  CAR  16
    2001  COL  23*  NJ  16
    2000  DAL  PHI  COL ALL 15   NJ  12*
    1999  BUF19  DAL  13*     DET & COL  14
    1998  DET  20*  WAS 14        BUF16

2011  VAN  17   TB  14   SJ  13      BOS 4-14TH MOST, 5 OUT OF 4TH

CAR was most with 31,  5 years of 12 the most won the cup, 5 years the 2nd most won the cup and 2 years a 3rd and 4th most won the cup.

So 5 ppg's from now to cup would give us 4th most ppgs with 9, heres to it.

Sections
Shortcuts