Targets with Freed Up Cap Space

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Targets with Freed Up Cap Space

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Just busting your chomps. A lot of people on here seem to think you run the board. So it's a shot at them not you. 

I just think that if Dale Tallon knows he's not going re-sign Weiss & get nothing for him. He maybe their #1 Center, but he's not playing like it. I mean Tallon gave up a 60 pt guy when he traded Horton for Wideman of all people. Peverly never will replace Weiss, but the overall return could still be better. He gets a versitile player that has some speed & good on the pk. With Rask playing the way he is, there's no way he's not re-signing. That leaves Khudobin looking for an opportunity in a starters role. FLA would get a 27-28 yr old goalie to replace one of their over 30 backups. That's the other possible extra return that Tallon gets to replace the difference in the loss of Weiss for Peverly. 

I certainly don't feel like I run the board, nor would I want to.  I'm here to chat with my B's friends, bust on stupid ideas and continue to be forced to keep up to date with everything hockey.

The Panthers have three versions of Peverley already in Fleischmann, Versteeg and Kopecky.  They also have Markstrom coming up for goaltending duties.  Why would Khudobin carry any trade value?  Two years ago, the B's got him for Lehtonen and Penner.  He hasn't done anything to increase his profile since that deal.

Wideman and the pick was a fair return for Horton.  Wideman really got hammered here, but look at what Calgary is paying him.  He's a good defenseman.

Weiss is a good second line player on most NHL teams.  If he's getting moved, I think many teams will attempt to overpay for him.  Rich "One Time 20 Goal Scorer" Peverley and a career backup goaler isn't going to be considered an overpayment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Even if they're going to lose him as an UFA next season? Sorry your highness I forgot who I was talking to! Many pardons.....

Nite, what are you referring to here?

Just busting your chomps. A lot of people on here seem to think you run the board. So it's a shot at them not you. 

I just think that if Dale Tallon knows he's not going re-sign Weiss & get nothing for him. He maybe their #1 Center, but he's not playing like it. I mean Tallon gave up a 60 pt guy when he traded Horton for Wideman of all people. Peverly never will replace Weiss, but the overall return could still be better. He gets a versitile player that has some speed & good on the pk. With Rask playing the way he is, there's no way he's not re-signing. That leaves Khudobin looking for an opportunity in a starters role. FLA would get a 27-28 yr old goalie to replace one of their over 30 backups. That's the other possible extra return that Tallon gets to replace the difference in the loss of Weiss for Peverly. 

he's a bully.  He's the prototype new era skating clown.  The Chris Neil if you will

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How about jägr.  I'm not sure if he's Ben mentioned but didn't he have great chemistry with DK.   Look what he did for Philly.  You could bump Horton off that line and put him on the 3rd line.   You also have a pure pp set up guy.  I would want him to grow the mullet back and put on the old style jofa again.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment

You are the worst.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How about jägr.  I'm not sure if he's Ben mentioned but didn't he have great chemistry with DK.   Look what he did for Philly.  You could bump Horton off that line and put him on the 3rd line.   You also have a pure pp set up guy.  I would want him to grow the mullet back and put on the old style jofa again.  

I can't imagine Dallas moving him.  They need to make the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS.  I am going to start off each post addressing the person.  I will not use reply option in the future.  If I'm just making a pt I will not add a person.  

Dallas isn't making the playoffs and will be tempted to unload and build around Benn.   they have some interesting targets.  I think jägr would be a nice mare wrecking ball like addition.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dallas isn't making the playoffs and will be tempted to unload and build around Benn.   they have some interesting targets.  I think jägr would be a nice mare wrecking ball like addition.  

Jagr would be a nice mare wrecking ball, but not on the B's.  No room on the first or second line, and he's far too good for third line duty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS.  I hate iPad.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Anyone Know how to take spell check off iPad.  

PS. I hate iPad 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Touch Auto-Correction

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Remember that in order to bring a player in, players or picks have to go out.  In order to acquire a very good player, equal value must go the other way.

People are suggesting other team's first liners would be great third liners here.  If those types of players are coming, who's going? 

Providence is bare and any picks are going to be late rounders.  NHL bodies are going to have to be moved.  Peverley and a first rounder won't get Team A's top center.  Ever.

NAS, agree you have to give to get, but PC is not without some chips: Spooner, Caron, Khokhlachev, Camara, Knight, Subban, maybe Svedberg.  Also has picks.

I may be in the minority, but would like to see PC go big.  He can take on salary this year and possibly beyond, so go for it.  Maybe the "expiring contracts" end up being Horton and Ference.

crowls not disagreeing with anything u have posted,but im just wondering about chiarellis supposeded chips(spooner, caron,khokhlachev,camara,knight,subban and svedberg) u think that list excites GMs around the NHL?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Touch Auto-Correction

Tks bim.   You are a life saver.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

NAS.  I am going to start off each post addressing the person.  I will not use reply option in the future.  If I'm just making a pt I will not add a person.  

SH thinks there's no reason to count out Dallas from making the playoffs. They're winning more than they lose and currently hold down 6th place. Benn is back and they've won 3 straight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

crowls not disagreeing with anything u have posted,but im just wondering about chiarellis supposeded chips(spooner, caron,khokhlachev,camara,knight,subban and svedberg) u think that list excites GMs around the NHL?

My instant thought is that none of these guys (or all of these guys) bring anything worth having in return, but there are two trades that quickly come to mind that suggest otherwise:

Jagr:  2001-Jul-11 Traded from Pittsburgh Penguins with Frantisek Kucera to Washington Capitals for Kris Beech, Ross Lupaschuk and Michal Sivek

Hossa:  2008-Feb-26 Traded from Atlanta Thrashers with Pascal Dupuis to Pittsburgh Penguins for Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and round 1 pick in the 2008 draft (Daultan Leveille)

Landing such an amazing deal doesn't happen often, but it can happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

I'd take hemsky for the sheer fact he can set up a pp.  he has magic hands.   Exactly......the only catch is he is signed for next year too whereas Weiss is not.
    Hemsky is better pure offence and won't cost as much as Weiss.

Yes he is so pure and magicical he had 14 goals in 47 games during the 2011 season and 10 goals in 69 games last year. What the Bruins don't need is someone that can pass, Boston needs someone who can put the puck in the net and in short notice.

Hemsky is unbelievably talented sandog.

Why don't his numbers show it then Ols ? He gets plenty of icetime....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'd take hemsky for the sheer fact he can set up a pp.  he has magic hands.   Exactly......the only catch is he is signed for next year too whereas Weiss is not.Hemsky is better pure offence and won't cost as much as Weiss.

Yes he is so pure and magicical he had 14 goals in 47 games during the 2011 season and 10 goals in 69 games last year. What the Bruins don't need is someone that can pass, Boston needs someone who can put the puck in the net and in short notice.

You ever watch hemsky set up a pp?   You see our pp the last 3 yrs.  I think he would help.

Of course Shup, Hemsky does have great hands but his PP numbers don't show it. The Bruins don't need another passer. The 3rd line has two centers, the Bruins have too many centers. Boston needs a winger and not some overaged-on-his-last-wheel-over-priced one either, that is in Eurpope becuase he couldn't make an NHL roster.

Not picking on your favorite players but the Bs need someone with speed and can pop the puck in the net.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San.  Its more about being a qb for the pp.  he knows how to set things up.  I think hes grossly overpaid.  Hes gotta be frustrating bc his hands are top 3 in the league.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

nas im all for raping the the dale tallons and brian burkes(r.i.p. thanks for seguin and hamilton) of the nhl gm community believe me just wondering if the bruins minor leaguers gets them even talking?

My instant thought is that none of these guys (or all of these guys) bring anything worth having in return, but there are two trades that quickly come to mind that suggest otherwise:

Jagr:  2001-Jul-11 Traded from Pittsburgh Penguins with Frantisek Kucera to Washington Capitals for Kris Beech, Ross Lupaschuk and Michal Sivek

Hossa:  2008-Feb-26 Traded from Atlanta Thrashers with Pascal Dupuis to Pittsburgh Penguins for Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and round 1 pick in the 2008 draft (Daultan Leveille)

Landing such an amazing deal doesn't happen often, but it can happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

heres my nickels's worth (or penny) . Get Ryder back. He's a UFA at the end of the year.  I dont think Dallas will keep him. I think he would be great on the third line

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS.  Hemsky is far from a favorite.  I dont think we need a goalscorer.  I think we need someone who can work with kelly pevs.   I want that person to be able to help the pp as well.  Thats why i mentioned jagr.  i also mentioned chimera who i like a lot.  

Dez-  i think its gonna be hard to add quality before the deadline.  Another 3 weeks will weed some of those teams out.  Dallas has some nice pieces.  They are syrong enough to make the playoffs but had no problem making a big trade prior to last yrs deadline while in contention for the playoffs.  Its gonna be an interesting deadline for sure.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

PS.  Hemsky is far from a favorite.  I dont think we need a goalscorer.  I think we need someone who can work with kelly pevs.   I want that person to be able to help the pp as well.  Thats why i mentioned jagr.  i also mentioned chimera who i like a lot.  

Dez-  i think its gonna be hard to add quality before the deadline.  Another 3 weeks will weed some of those teams out.  Dallas has some nice pieces.  They are syrong enough to make the playoffs but had no problem making a big trade prior to last yrs deadline while in contention for the playoffs.  Its gonna be an interesting deadline for sure.  

Yeah Shupe, I just pay extra attention to the Stars now that my buddy works for them. He actually told me there are rumours amongst the scouts that PC is looking for someone for the 3rd line with some scoring touch and a bit of sandpaper in his game. I mentioned that I'd like to see Morrow in black and gold and my buddy just laughed and said, "yeah, I bet you would". I should add that he also told me the perception amongst the scouts is that Boston hasn't got a great deal to offer for an upgrade, especially since Hamilton and Subban are likely untouchables.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez.  good insider info.   I dont think the bruins have a lot to offer either.   Why not sign tim connolly.  I know hes a bandaid but likely comes in cheap.  PP guy as well.  

I think small moves with no name players are what we are looking at unless they wanna throw high end draft picks out there

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

" I dont think we need a goalscorer"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fantasy hockey doesnt exist in the nhl.  We dont need a goal scorer. This team is always near or at the top of goals scored.   but you are right.  We need a brett hull type for the 3rd line.  Maybe we can add a bure type for the 4th line as well.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it ? Teams that are down in the standings desire packages of picks and prospects from other teams as part of their re-building. 

Is the Bruins list of prospects considered a bag of pucks ? The cupboard isn't bare contrary to the beliefs of some critics.

PC has stocked this cupboard nicely.