Targets with Freed Up Cap Space

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Targets with Freed Up Cap Space

In response to shuperman's comment:

Fantasy hockey doesnt exist in the nhl.  We dont need a goal scorer. This team is always near or at the top of goals scored.   but you are right.  We need a brett hull type for the 3rd line.  Maybe we can add a bure type for the 4th line as well. 

Nobody on the PP wants to unload the one-timer and Weiss isn't Hull nor Bure but he is someone who can put the bisquit in the basket when needed. Hemsky numbers don't reflect the kind of player that Peverley needs riding with him. The Bruins already have too many players that look too pass first, Hemsky is a pass first playmaker but Weiss is both.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Weiss is a 20 goal guy.  Very similar to the other 6-7 guys we have doing it.  I dont consider weiss a 3rd line player.  I think hed be a great pickup though.  I said we dont need a goal scorer.  We dont.  we need a guy who compliments the 3rd line.  This team has plenty of guys who can score.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hemsky for the record if you check stats is a pp beast.  we need one of those.  And if we have 6-8 guys who put 20+ in the net how are they past first.  DK yes.  Bergie maybe yes(best 2 way player going).  Peverly yes.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to rubberduck's comment:

heres my nickels's worth (or penny) . Get Ryder back. He's a UFA at the end of the year.  I dont think Dallas will keep him. I think he would be great on the third line

I concur, but a lot don't. Bring Ryder back just for the play-off run. We already know that Kelly, Peverly & Ryder played great together in 2011. Yes Ryder disappears a lot, but he re-appears at crucial times too. Game 3 & 4 against the Habs come to mind. He also had some magic with Seguin as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rubberduck's comment:

heres my nickels's worth (or penny) . Get Ryder back. He's a UFA at the end of the year.  I dont think Dallas will keep him. I think he would be great on the third line

And why don't you think Dallas will keep him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Dallas has 16 players signed for next year and $24 million in cap space, if they want Ryder they'll have no problem signing him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Weiss is a 20 goal guy.  Very similar to the other 6-7 guys we have doing it.  I dont consider weiss a 3rd line player.  I think hed be a great pickup though.  I said we dont need a goal scorer.  We dont.  we need a guy who compliments the 3rd line.  This team has plenty of guys who can score."

The 3rd line isn't scoring and that is why a winger is needed. Weiss carrries a $3.1M expiring contract, has stayed healthier than Hemsky and has been more consistent over the years. Hemsky carries a $5M cap hit with two years left, hasn't been consistent and rarley plays a full schedule.

You're right about fantasy and that is what Hemsky is becuase if you bring his cap hit, his health issues in for the next two years Rask or Horton don't get to stay. Wiess is the more consistent, healthy and a economical choice.

Thank you for attending my class.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

Nobody needs a goal scorer!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I mentioned numerous guys.  Mentioned chimera long before hemsky.  If our 3rd line has 3 guys with 10 or more goals im happy.  I said we dont need a goal scorer before your nice picture.  This team knows how to score goals.  We have team depth in scoring.  Your class would be skipped on a regular basis.  Why?  Because you dont pay attention to detail.  I said weiss would be a nice pickup.  i also said hemsky is grossly overpaid.  

If we pickup a guy who gets 15 goals. 20 assists for the 3rd line i will be happy.  But for sheer offense hemsky creates much more.  Neither are 3rd line players for the bruins.  Or for any team. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS san

hemsky 7 pts.  3 ppg. 2 ppa

weiss. Well he would fit stat wise perfect with the current bunch. 

But you are right.  Our pp doesnt need a hemsky.  and we dont need a passer. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If our 3rd line has 3 guys with 10 or more goals im happy.  I said we dont need a goal scorer before your nice picture.  This team knows how to score goals.  We have team depth in scoring.  Your class would be skipped on a regular basis. 

Kelly 3 points in 9 games with a minus -3, Bourque 1 point in 8 games and Peverley (who am a huge fan of) 3 points in 9 games with a minus -4. They may know how to score but they aren't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The new wiz vs souray is weiss vs hemsky.  

3rd line is struggling for sure.  I said agaist the sabres we need that 3rd line cooking to do damage this year.   I think options are there.  Id take weiss or hemsky. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

3rd line is struggling for sure.  I said agaist the sabres we need that 3rd line cooking to do damage this year.   I think options are there.  Id take weiss or hemsky.

Is Hemsky worth telling Ference or Horton or Rask "sorry I don't have the money for you" ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Tallon has gone on record that Weiss is not going to be traded...obviously you can take that for what it is worth.. I think a more economical solution and I think someone mentioned already is to take a look at Kovalev to help our PP.. This guy is second to none when it comes to stickhandling and can score and definitely another offensive threat on the team.. The PP needs some speed, finesse, and results  and this guy can provide that ..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Tallon has gone on record that Weiss is not going to be traded...obviously you can take that for what it is worth.. I think a more economical solution and I think someone mentioned already is to take a look at Kovalev to help our PP.. This guy is second to none when it comes to stickhandling and can score and definitely another offensive threat on the team.. The PP needs some speed, finesse, and results  and this guy can provide that ..

He won't have a choice if Weiss refuses to go back to Fla. Which apparently it's been said that he wants out as well. I doubt it that's it's on record, but I'm thinking Weiss wants to win now. Fla doesn't have the depth right now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Tallon has gone on record that Weiss is not going to be traded...obviously you can take that for what it is worth.. I think a more economical solution

I've sees GMs, in all of sports, say this before and then trade the player. I also haven't read anywhere that Tallon is working on a new deal but I have read were Weiss does not want to be part of another re-build. You could be right but until I see that Weiss has been extended then I say Tallon is open to a trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

u think that list excites GMs around the NHL?

Why wouldn't it ? Teams that are down in the standings desire packages of picks and prospects from other teams as part of their re-building. 

Is the Bruins list of prospects considered a bag of pucks ? The cupboard isn't bare contrary to the beliefs of some critics.

PC has stocked this cupboard nicely. 

[/QUOTE]

Well said Chowdah.  This represents my pov as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Is Hemsky worth telling Ference or Horton or Rask "sorry I don't have the money for you" ?

I have no issue replacing horton and ference at seasons end with hemsky.  I obviously dont think either are coming.  So with that in mind i still dont mind ference and horton leaving.  I think horton is too risky with his head and AF is gonna cost too much as well.  Rask needs to get signed.  Ference is an aging 5-6 dman And can be replaced hopefully by a young guy.  Horton will go to highest bidder.  I think hes gone.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

u think that list excites GMs around the NHL?

Why wouldn't it ? Teams that are down in the standings desire packages of picks and prospects from other teams as part of their re-building. 

Is the Bruins list of prospects considered a bag of pucks ? The cupboard isn't bare contrary to the beliefs of some critics.

PC has stocked this cupboard nicely. 

Well said Chowdah.  This represents my pov as well.

[/QUOTE]

it was honestley a question about the list to u guys about the prospects that the Bs have in system.     the reason i ask is because i want chiarelli to go out and get the guys that everyone is talking about. this team is young enough as is, go out and get that rental,whynot this team is that good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I have no issue replacing horton and ference at seasons end with hemsky.  So with that in mind i still dont mind ference and horton leaving.  I think horton is too risky with his head and AF is gonna cost too much as well.  Rask needs to get signed.  Ference is an aging 5-6 dman And can be replaced hopefully by a young guy.  Horton will go to highest bidder.  I think hes gone.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2013&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

I don't think Ference will cost more than $2.75M per, I think that is economical.

Which defenseman ? and how much ? Who replaces the right handed shot of Horton's ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San 

i dont think a 5-6 dman is a priority.  If they add someone like sarich at the deadline they are on the hook for 2 million next year.  how about Whitney who resides in boston.    He easily replaces the role AF does.  for me its not a priority to bring AF back unless its team friendly.  Douglas Murray is another option.  

Up front for horton.  I think horton runs to the longest most eprnsive deal he can find.  I say let him run bc i dont want part of any long term deal with his head issues.   If you wanna hit a home run go sign Perry or Getz.  If you want a guy who is gonna go to the best chance for a cup they should look to Iggy.  

Id go cheap on the 5-6 dman spot and make a big offer two year offer to Iggy. 

Thats just my opinion or wish list.  

Get rask signed.  Find hortons replacement.  And then nab a 5-6 dman.  AF has been paid well in his time here even though he battled injuries.  If he wants to come back offer him 2 million for a few more yrs.  if not go get a guy like sarich via trade.  I think with dougie progressing so quickly it takes the pressure off paying AF close to 3 million.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I like Whitney, but he comes with his own personalized gurney.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I like Whitney, but he comes with his own personalized gurney.

AF had his as well.  My pt was there are plenty of serviceable nhl dmen that can handle his minutes on the cheap.  I have no issue with him leaving and i think horton is gone.  I wouldnt offer more then 2-3 at his going rate.  He will want a big pay day and long term.  I wouldnt want either with him.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

From your list I would take Weiss or Hemsky. Ryder is past nostalgia and Jones is really a marginal 3rd liner on a weak team (yes, I have seen him play on many occasions).

I'd take hemsky for the sheer fact he can set up a pp.  he has magic hands.  

Exactly......the only catch is he is signed for next year too whereas Weiss is not.

Hemsky is better pure offence and won't cost as much as Weiss.

Yes he is so pure and magicical he had 14 goals in 47 games during the 2011 season and 10 goals in 69 games last year. What the Bruins don't need is someone that can pass, Boston needs someone who can put the puck in the net and in short notice.

You ever watch hemsky set up a pp?   You see our pp the last 3 yrs.  I think he would help.  

TWO YEARS LEFT ON DEAL. NOT HAPPENING

Sections
Shortcuts