Taylor Hall, anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Taylor Hall, anyone?

Is Taylor Hall a one-dimensional player, who plays in black and white?
    Continuous crashing to the net can be hazardous to your healthy; Taylor picked up a major injury last year, and I'm sure there are more to come.

Was Tyler Seguin the BEST player of the 2010 draft? Or do we still need more proof?

Do we see the 3-D play of this young man, who plays in living colour? Who has only just begun to scratch the surface.

Would you trade Tyler Seguin even up for Taylor Hall? No way!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Taylor Hall, anyone?

NO I would not deal him straight up for Hall.  Part of me wonders how much of that comes from honest scouting and analysis vs these black and gold glasses I wear.  Can it be true that Seguin was the best player from his draft and that we have the best Dman in the NHL and that we have the Best goalie who is also one of the top two players overall in the NHL?  Probably not, but it is what I see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm happy with what we've got, but I would stop well short of knocking Taylor Hall.  I thought he managed his game quite well last year and was a very effective player.  As I recall, he got injured in a fight, not as a result of going hard to the net or anything like that.  I think both guys will be great.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think both are great, but Seguin will be a little more valuable over time. Watching him play as a Bruin, it's hard to believe anyone passed him up, even one team. He was central scouting's #1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Taylor Hall is an amazing player; I would have been thrilled to have him as a Boston Bruin.

Had he not gotten a high ankle sprain last season, he was looking like the calder trophy winner. The kid is an absolute sniper

Just imagine how easy it would make our line issues we're struggling with right now:

Horton - Krejci - Lucic
    Marchand - Bergeron - Hall (this line would have been a joke, one of the top lines in the league, each guy would compliment the other perfectly)

I mean seriously, anyone who has watched Hall play consistently in Edmonton saw the ridiculous amount of scoring chances he produced... as a rookie. He's Electric, just like Seguin is, in fact, Seguin has a lot of catching up to do before he could make Oiler brass regret the decision. Make no mistake, very few people in edmonton wish they had passed on Hall.

As far as your injury bug comment, that was a fluke injury if I've ever seen one. Sigh, this thread is just wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hall is exciting, no question, but not necessarily better.  It's like Ovie vs Sid.  People find Ovie fun, but Sid contributes a lot more. I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton regrets it by the end of the year, but it's not like the Oilers got a lemon. Hall's great too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall, anyone?:
    [QUOTE]Taylor Hall is an amazing player; I would have been thrilled to have him as a Boston Bruin. Had he not gotten a high ankle sprain last season, he was looking like the calder trophy winner. The kid is an absolute sniper Just imagine how easy it would make our line issues we're struggling with right now: Horton - Krejci - Lucic Marchand - Bergeron - Hall (this line would have been an joke, one of the top lines in the league, each guy would compliment the other perfectly) I mean seriously, anyone who has watched Hall play consistently in Edmonton saw the ridiculous amount of scoring chances he produced... as a rookie. He's Electric, just like Seguin is, in fact, Seguin has a lot of catching up to do before he could make Oiler brass regret the decision. Make no mistake, very few people in edmonton wish they had passed on Hall. As far as your injury bug comment, that was a fluke injury if I've ever seen one. Sigh, this thread is just wrong.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

When they said Hall was more NHL ready when drafted they were not wrong.  Agree totally on your assessment . Only thing I disagree is you making a lineup with Hall in it Wink
    I'm sure Seguin will have as good if not better career than Hall.

BadHab,  please join in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Both Hall & Seguin are very good, but the guy who's played the best out of the 2010 draft, so far, is Jeff Skinner.

Note that I'm not saying that he'll be the long-term top player from 2010, but right now, he's at the top of the class.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Both Hall & Seguin are very good, but the guy who's played the best out of the 2010 draft, so far, is Jeff Skinner. Note that I'm not saying that he'll be the long-term top player from 2010, but right now, he's at the top of the class.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFFfEJ3XEzI

:P

but your right, it helps he plays with E. Staal though. IMO, Seguin wins more metal, Hall has bigger #'s when its all over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]Both Hall & Seguin are very good, but the guy who's played the best out of the 2010 draft, so far, is Jeff Skinner. Note that I'm not saying that he'll be the long-term top player from 2010, but right now, he's at the top of the class.

Yeah, Skinner is one of my favorite players in the NHL, so much fun to watch him, and he looks absolutely thrilled to be a professional hockey player.

Seeing the joy after he scores a goal brings everyone back to when they were a kid playing the game. The fact that he's buzzing around pros just makes it even better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]
    Only thing I disagree is you making a lineup with Hall in it
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I think Seguin loses a lot on the wing, wheras Hall is a prototype power forward goal scorer, he simply fits better on the Bergeron line then Seguin does.

Distributer/defensive conscience: Bergeron:
    Scrappy guy with skills: Marchand
    high energy/blazing speed/effective in the corner+ sniper: Hall

Keep Seguin @ center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Go easy Wheatman

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would give Hall the edge over Seguin right now in that Taylor is a bigger, stronger skater- Not by much though. That's not a negative on Tyler because Taylor is probably might just growing quicker for now. 

I'll wait on my judgement as to Skinner being better as Seguin hasn't gotten his minutes at least compared to last year. Julien just needs to keep Tyler at center then put some skilled finishers around him. That's why I suggested Horton on Seguin's wing for some shifts on another thread even when Krejci comes back. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

By saying that Taylor is bigger, do you mean taller?

Seguin is pretty ripped, and I don't see Hall having the same worth ethic as Seguin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I think you can see that Seguin is being taught to be defensively responsible, and Taylor Hall is being asked to put the puck in the net. Watching lot's of Oiler games you can see that a lot of their young guns really don't know what to do in their own end. For now, hats off to Seguin and the Bruin style of hockey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Taylor Hall, anyone?:
    [QUOTE]Is Taylor Hall a one-dimensional player, who plays in black and white? Continuous crashing to the net can be hazardous to your healthy; Taylor picked up a major injury last year, and I'm sure there are more to come. Was Tyler Seguin the BEST player of the 2010 draft? Or do we still need more proof? Do we see the 3-D play of this young man, who plays in living colour? Who has only just begun to scratch the surface. Would you trade Tyler Seguin even up for Taylor Hall? No way!
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Hall picked up the injury in a fight and had nothing to do with crashing the net . If you are concerned about that in a player you better be worried about Jared Knight also.

Crashing the net is something that is a valuable asset to have for the few who do it , not a detriment. I wish more Bruins played that way. 

I still think at the moment Hall is the better player but Seguin is closing the gap. And I say this not having met Hall's father or had a photo snapped with Hall and myself. It's just a non-biased opinion from a Bruin fan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall, anyone? : When they said Hall was more NHL ready when drafted they were not wrong.  Agree totally on your assessment . Only thing I disagree is you making a lineup with Hall in it I'm sure Seguin will have as good if not better career than Hall. BadHab,  please join in.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Please don't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Bruins last game against Carolina I hardly noticed Skinner. Seguin had a great goal though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What a bad post. Now we are claiming Taylor Hall will be injury prone because he goes to the net hard??? Play Hockey Anyone??? You need proof to suggest that Tyler Seguin is not the best player in the draft??? Is this because of one goal the other night??? He may very well be in years to come, but right now, he hasn't played nearly as much as Fowler and Skinner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall, anyone?:[QUOTE]By saying that Taylor is bigger, do you mean taller? Seguin is pretty ripped, and I don't see Hall having the same worth ethic as Seguin. Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

When I watch Hall skate he seems to motor with longer strides which means he might have stronger, longer legs. Seguin makes quicker steps without making longer strides to be able to get to spots quicker. Taylor looks to make more hits as of right now. Though some kids hit growing spurts as late as there early 20s that could be Tyler.

Tyler quicker more accurate snap shot and that is a huge commodity in the NHL.Taylor in my view takes a little longer to get off his shot. Very happy with Seguin that release is SICK!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Taylor Hall, anyone? : Hall picked up the injury in a fight and had nothing to do with crashing the net . If you are concerned about that in a player you better be worried about Jared Knight also. Crashing the net is something that is a valuable asset to have for the few who do it , not a detriment. I wish more Bruins played that way.  I still think at the moment Hall is the better player but Seguin is closing the gap. And I say this not having met Hall's father or had a photo snapped with Hall and myself. It's just a non-biased opinion from a Bruin fan.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Oh, Oiler Brass were NOT at all happy with the outcome of that scrap !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I think it was always common knowledge from draft day of 2010 that Hall would have the more immediate impact but Seguin may have the better long term potential.

This logic has probably yet to be refuted from my perspective. In truth, both are players you can build a team around...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

Both of them are very good. I always compared them to Forsberg (Hall) and Sakic (Seguin). Seguin will play more seasons than Hall because the way Hall is playing hockey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

This post is soaked in black and gold.

I like Seguin but he is not the offensive force Taylor Hall is.  Not close yet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]This post is soaked in black and gold. I like Seguin but he is not the offensive force Taylor Hall is.  Not close yet.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Hall........offensive force.........he's isn't even close to that yet. Both kids will be solid contributors at the NHL level. Neither is considerably ahead of the other yet.