Taylor Hall out for the rest of the Year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Taylor Hall out for the rest of the Year!

Looks like Hall did a number on his ankle in the fight he had last night.  This was the claim that he may be a bit too reckless to and be hurt more than not. I like the fight in him and would gladly take it as a part of who he is.  Whats worse Hall out for the year or Julien sitting a completely healthy Seguin..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=356477

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Re: Taylor Hall out for the rest of the Year!

Can't and shouldn't be compared.  One's stupidity and recklessness by a young player on a pretty bad team and one's a rational decision to ease a young player, who also has a ton of focus on him, into a squad which is making a run for the Cup.  I don't know if Peter Puck would agree but ... no matter, as I thought PP was stupidity too, all those years ago - right up there with the orange flash so that "fans" could follow the puck into the stands ... silly gimmicks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The move Hall made to get around the D right before his fight was unreal.  The kid has mad skills.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

That's the same injury that messed up Lucic last year. Not easy to recover.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueoxen. Show blueoxen's posts

Don't EVER compare Hall to Sequin unless you live in a hockey envelope. We are talking about apples and a bench orange.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall out for the rest of the Year!:
    [QUOTE]Don't EVER compare Hall to Sequin unless you live in a hockey envelope. We are talking about apples and a bench orange.
    Posted by blueoxen[/QUOTE]

Yawn you really zinged Seguin there. Hall would absolutely be in the same boat Seguin is in if he was on this team.

I cant believe because seguin doesnt have 22g-53a his first season that people are complaining. Unreal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What can honestly be compared is the concern of risk of injury given Hall's reckless style, it's proving true.

Interesting that the knocks against players during the draft, like Hall's recklessness proved accurate at least in Hall's young career thus far.

The knock against Kessel was his attitude problem, and he just seems to be shaking that now, if he keeps it up.  And I don't mean to denigrate Kessel by that, he's a fruit that has taken 4 years to ripen.  That doesn't mean he isn't as ripe as a sugar plum fairy right now.

All of that is in no way to denigrate Hall by comparing him to Kessel, he is better than Seguin at least this year, but the deal with Hall is that you will have to expect he will get dented more than Seguin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I'm not saying Seguin is better or even as good as Hall but most of the comparisons and the griping I see is stupid.  You got one guy getting unlimited icetime in all situations because he plays for the worst team in the league.  It would be irresponsible for Julien to treat Seguin the same way.  The B's are a contending team now.  Breaking in Seguin is secondary to winning and icetime should be earned not just awarded.  The only reason Seguin is even on the big club is because their options were limited.  Wasn't it Pat Burns who treated Joe Thornton the same way??  Funny, but it didn't seem to "ruin" Joe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not saying Seguin is better or even as good as Hall but most of the comparisons and the griping I see is stupid.  You got one guy getting unlimited icetime in all situations because he plays for the worst team in the league.  It would be irresponsible for Julien to treat Seguin the same way.  The B's are a contending team now.  Breaking in Seguin is secondary to winning and icetime should be earned not just awarded.  The only reason Seguin is even on the big club is because their options were limited.   Wasn't it Pat Burns who treated Joe Thornton the same way??  Funny, but it didn't seem to "ruin" Joe.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Seguin is far outperfroming Joe Thronton's first year. 
    Joe had 3 goals and 4 assists his first year - 55 games.
    Tyler has 10 goals 11 assists so far - 59 games.

Fair to say that his production is doubled that of Joe?  At least?

Second, Tyler has responded to the benchings.  Joe did not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall out for the rest of the Year! : Seguin is far outperfroming Joe Thronton's first year.  Joe had 3 goals and 4 assists his first year - 55 games. Tyler has 10 goals 11 assists so far - 59 games. Fair to say that his production is doubled that of Joe?  At least? Second, Tyler has responded to the benchings.  Joe did not.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

and one more goal he'll have what Kessel scored in his rookie year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]What can honestly be compared is the concern of risk of injury given Hall's reckless style, it's proving true. Interesting that the knocks against players during the draft, like Hall's recklessness proved accurate at least in Hall's young career thus far. The knock against Kessel was his attitude problem, and he just seems to be shaking that now, if he keeps it up.  And I don't mean to denigrate Kessel by that, he's a fruit that has taken 4 years to ripen.  That doesn't mean he isn't as ripe as a sugar plum fairy right now. All of that is in no way to denigrate Hall by comparing him to Kessel, he is better than Seguin at least this year, but the deal with Hall is that you will have to expect he will get dented more than Seguin.

Hall got in a fight, fell and got hurt.  That has nothing to do with the reckless style of play that people were talking about prior to the draft. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

so now we're comparing Seguin to Kessel? So you admit Kessel is a great player! Ha ha ha...I win!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]so now we're comparing Seguin to Kessel? So you admit Kessel is a great player! Ha ha ha...I win!!!!
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

To early to tell but I think at the end of their careers Kessel might have scored more goals and Seguin being the more complete player.
    Similarities can be said about Kane (scorer) and Toews (more complete).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's not the same thing, but it's not unconnected.  The fight was a reckless decision - Hall just turned and started flailing at Dorsett.  You love that the kid got tired of people taking shots at him and decided he had to stand up for himself, just like you love his willingness to sacrifice the body to score goals.  This is just a different expression of the personality trait that had people speculating about his potential to shorten his career by playing his style.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the distinction is that all of the talk about Hall being reckless and prone to injury had nothing to do with fighting.  The worrying, was about Hall's style of play and a tendency to not protect himself well enough from hits.  He has actually been quite good about this in his first season, despite taking a couple big hits (Doughty, etc.)  Hall has protected himself very well, despite the fact that he has become an obvious target (which is why they need to protect him a little more in Edmonton).  I don't think his style of play has indicated that he is injury prone at all so far.

The fight incident wasn't part of a reckless mindset to me, it was a guy that got fed up with being a target of other players.  Dorsett came a little late and a little high on him, and he snapped, then got hurt in the fight.  I don't see any real connection in whether his style of play is reckless or not.  Several Edmonton players and a lot of commentators have noted that while Dorsett did nothing wrong, the Oilers in general need to confront the fact that Hall has become such a target.  I agree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

The problem I have with this comparison is that it really isn't about Taylor Hall at all... It's simply another roundabout way to the same old, tired complaint/argument:

The Bruins don't know what they're doing with Seguin; he should be playing 20:00 per game in all situations because he's already better than half the guys on the team and/or he needs to develop.

Last time I checked, they are the "Boston Bruins" not the "Boston Seguins"... I'll gladly take Lord Stanley's trophy for the former over a Calder trophy for the latter.  But that's just me...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

No play-offs for Taylor Hall this year. Oh, hang on a minute...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Edmonton i'm sure is shutting him down earlier than he should be. He has a nice amount of games under his belt , recover from his injury and strengtehn up for next year.

Reckless or not, the kid is a bulldog. He fights and you can see in his eyes, he wants to win. 

Seguin on the other hand has the look in eyes that scream please don't hit me. 

I'd seriously just like to see him absorb a hit while he has the puck on the boards and make a patient move for once.

I expect Seguin to be benched more and more as the playoffs comes near

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Is Seguin suiting up tonight against a quality opponent?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]Is Seguin suiting up tonight against a quality opponent?
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Quality opponent? I thought we were playing Pittsburgh. Seriously, without Malkin and Crosby that team is a goon show. If Seguin is playing he better watch his back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Is Seguin suiting up tonight against a quality opponent?
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Read the news - no Bergeron.  I would guess Seguin is in ... obviously.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Don't EVER compare Hall to Sequin unless you live in a hockey envelope. We are talking about apples and a bench orange.
    Posted by blueoxen[/QUOTE]

Why would someone compare Hall to a shiny thing sewn onto a figure skating dress?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall out for the rest of the Year! : Yawn you really zinged Seguin there. Hall would absolutely be in the same boat Seguin is in if he was on this team. I cant believe because seguin doesnt have 22g-53a his first season that people are complaining. Unreal.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Nope. Hall would be riding on the second line with Marchand and Bergeron. He is better than Seguin right now regardless of what you think Seguin's potential is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall out for the rest of the Year! : Seguin is far outperfroming Joe Thronton's first year.  Joe had 3 goals and 4 assists his first year - 55 games. Tyler has 10 goals 11 assists so far - 59 games. Fair to say that his production is doubled that of Joe?  At least? Second, Tyler has responded to the benchings.  Joe did not.

And, wow, Kessel outperformed Joe. I guess Kessel is better than Thornton? Nope.

Edit: Also, the NHL of '98 is not the same as 2011.

Sections
Shortcuts