Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

So much for that debate.  Taylor Hall just landed a hat trick and his 20th goal of the season.  Seguin has half and many goals and is probably sliding right of the depth chart with these new pick ups.  So much of the Taylor vs Tyler debate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

At this point, no doubt Hall is the better player. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case when all is said and done, too.

I disagree, however, that the debate is over. This is one season and it's hard to compare the two because of the distinct differences in their situations, which you elude to -- Seguin low on the depth chart on a Cup contender vs. first liner on a bottom feeder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

There is no comparison to be made, yet. Both are very different players in very different organizations being developed in very different ways. A proper comparison can only really be conducted 3-5 years from now... 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]There is no comparison to be made, yet. Both are very different players in very different organizations being developed in very different ways. A proper comparison can only really be conducted 3-5 years from now... 
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true. You can watch Hall and see that his game is much, much more developed at this point than Seguin. He is far more effective because he has the strength/ability to drive the net, keep control of the puck, and has a better (or at least equal) shot.

However, to say the debate is over is jumping the gun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

One plays sparse minutes on a much better team with a very structured, defensive minded system, where he is under constant pressure of losing some of the rare ice time he gets, or may even get scratched for making rookie mistakes

The other plays almost 20 minutes a game, EVERY GAME, on a crap team in a wide open system and is never held back or scratched, no matter how many mistakes he makes and has almost zero pressure on him right now

You can't compare them fairly at this point in time.  Dare I say, you reverse their teams, and you may see the stats reversed as well.  And you would be sitting here saying, well maybe Hall will still turn out to be great, but man I wish we could have got that Seguin kid who's going nuts out in Edmonton

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How about we judge them during the offseason after the playoff points get taken into account.I think it will help Seguin in the Kessel debate too..........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Real constructive post.  Seems like bashing Seguin is your thing, thanks for that...ignore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Real constructive post.  Seems like bashing Seguin is your thing, thanks for that...ignore.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    You're right Crowls.I went back and read all of his previous posts and one theme was evident.This guy hates Seguin(for whatever reason)and can't let it go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

dez- so many trolls out here, so little time to read their garbage. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

this conversation is rediculous. you can't compare a player on a last place team in the entire league, and a player that went to a STANLEY CUP CONTENDER STOCKED WITH READY TO GO TALENT. at the end of the day TYLER will be the better player. right now, Taylor is the Edmonton Oliers. He gets all the ice time in the world. He is show cased. He is the logo of the team to try and give their fans hope for the future. He is allowed to make mistakes with no correction applied. Seguin is on a team where the future is now. Stocked with talent. He is just a nobody who has to learn the NHL game.  In due time he will become one of the top stars in the NHL!!! Right now he needs to play his game as he is called upon. And if the chips fall right he could be on a STANLEY CUP CHAMPION AS A ROOKIE!!! GO BRUINS!!! GO!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Seguin may have 20 as well if i wasnt for the talent killercoach Clode scaring the kid out of doing anything creative

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Not to add to this idiotic topic, but....don't forget Seguin is developmentally 1 year younger than Hall, despite being drafted in the same year Hall had one more year of junior.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin may have 20 as well if i wasnt for the talent killercoach Clode scaring the kid out of doing anything creative
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]
    Wow,something reasonably positive about a Bruins player.........you've changed man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

By season's end hopefully Seguin will have something Hall doesn't - playoff experience... that goes a long way in a player's development as well

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Do you pay any real attention to hockey.  Everyone....let me repeat...everyone, said Hall would be better from the start and that Seguin would turn into the better player in the long run.  Game 56 is not the long run.  The other arguments aren't even necessary.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : Wow,something reasonably positive about a Bruins player.........you've changed man.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Nope read my posts carefully, I call them like I see them and am not one of the brainless lemmings that post on here who can't see the forest through the trees.

No offense dez but I think if you got offered a job to handwash all the Bruins jocks after games for free you'd take it in a heartbeat

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : Nope read my posts carefully, I call them like I see them and am not one of the brainless lemmings that post on here who can't see the forest through the trees. No offense dez but I think if you got offered a job to handwash all the Bruins jocks after games for free you'd take it in a heartbeat
    You say you're not a brainless lemming but all your posts are backhanded compliments.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Not to add to this idiotic topic, but....don't forget Seguin is developmentally 1 year younger than Hall, despite being drafted in the same year Hall had one more year of junior.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Thinking the same.

And further, Seguin will get to play in the playoffs and not just watch... guaranteed!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : You say you're not a brainless lemming but all your posts are backhanded compliments.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

What does one have to do with the other?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : What does one have to do with the other?
    You're just like all the other brainless lemmings that come here and call everyone pom pom wavers with your overall negative posts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I am a big believer in Seguin; think he will be good for years to come.  However, i'm getting tired of people making excuses for him because he doesn't play a ton of minutes a night and other rookies play more time on bad teams.

If Seguin steps up his play, he'll see more minutes.  Hall is playing a better game and he's getting more minutes.  If Seguin earns the minutes, he'll play more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

There is way too much protecting of Seguin/the dreams of some fans going on on this board. No, I am not overly concerned with his production or development but, yes, despite the difference in playing time, you can compare him with other rookies. For example, if the Oilers GM approached PC and proposed Hall for Seguin, would you want PC to do it? I would and I would base my decision on a comparison of the two, given the information we do have, knowing that there are huge unknowns with 18 year olds. Nevertheless, I could still compare the two. Most of you would do the same. Same process for rejecting a Seguin for Jared Knight trade. They're young, sure, but I know enough to predict which one will be better 9 times out of 10.

That said, is it really bad if we got the 2nd best player in the draft? Taylor Hall is sick and at this point is better than Seguin. Could Seguin end up being better? Absolutely. If not, would I be disappointed with the 2nd best player in any draft year? Absolutely not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

WE WILL REEVALUATE NEXT YEAR

STANLEY CUP TO THE BRUINS ON 2011-2012-2013

TYLER WILL HAVE ONE STANLEY CUP MORE THAN TAYLOR HALL

Sections
Shortcuts