Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin:
    I think another huge difference is that Hall has to play on your top lines. Seguin can adjust in a secondary role.  I think Hall will obviously progress at a faster rate and has established himself. Again, its a lot easier to be creative on a last place club.  You can play your game, make mistakes, learn from them and never worry about sitting in the stands as long as your effort is there.  With Seguin he isnt in the same situation.  Its completely different.  Seguin makes a mistake he rides the pine.  Both teams are lucky to have very skilled young players.
    Posted by shuperman

I am thrilled that Seguin is a Bruin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

I dont hate Seguin I just hate seeing him fail.  I feel like this kid could be handled so much better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

So no one here would trade Seguin for Hall straight up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Oh, I definetly would.  Not being negative about Seguin either but I think Hall will have the better career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Oh, I definetly would.  Not being negative about Seguin either but I think Hall will have the better career.
    Posted by prob2236

Same here. Unlike the legions of insecure fans on here, I have no problem with the 2nd best player in the draft.

Don't worry, people, we still won the Kessel trade if Hall />Seguin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

DC, Luckily we don't have to worry about that.

No one is saying that Hall isn't better, especially at this point.
    But Seguin is going to be a very very good player. There should be no worries that the Bruin's are ruining him.

If you can't have one it's great to have the other.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

So no one here would trade Seguin for Hall straight up?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

I wouldn't.They are too talent-wise close to make any gamble on what the future holds worth it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Things that scare me about Seguin are the things you cant really learn, you either have them or you dont, like aggression.  Does anyone else notice that when this kid gets one-on-one opptunities, or any type of break away where there is minor resistance, instead of trying to make a move to go to the net he just blasts it from beyond the blue line.  I worry that he is scarred of playing at this level. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Things that scare me about Seguin are the things you cant really learn, you either have them or you dont, like aggression.  Does anyone else notice that when this kid gets one-on-one opptunities, or any type of break away where there is minor resistance, instead of trying to make a move to go to the net he just blasts it from beyond the blue line.  I worry that he is scarred of playing at this level. 
    Posted by prob2236

He does that because if he get's stripped of the puck and the other team gets a chance in transition-he sits.When it happens to Hall he gets a pat and a "maybe next time".I've seen much more willingness to get his nose dirty and take chances since his most recent benching.I'm not worried about Seguin at all.In fact,I expect him to be a big contributor come playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

There is no comparison to be made, yet. Both are very different players in very different organizations being developed in very different ways. A proper comparison can only really be conducted 3-5 years from now... 
    Posted by jmwalters

Agreed. If Seguin played 20+ minutes on a top line every night, he would have good stats too.  What's Hall's +/-? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Compare apples to apples Hall 59Gm 20G 18A 38Pts -7 16PIM 7PP 4GWG 1082:31Mins 18:20/Gm 161.51 PPMins 2.24/Gm      7PPG 3PPa 10PPpts 2Empty net goals F/O % 39%  Shooting% 11.6 Hall scores a point every 28.48 mins increased from 30.5 after last night's 3 goal effort. Seguin 55Gm 10G 11A 21Pts +1 10Pim 1PP 678:23Mins 12:20/Gm 78.41PPmins 1.25/Gm  1PPG 2PPA 3PPPts F/O% 47.9 Shooting % 9.9% Seguin scores a point every32.3 mins Hall has played 404.08mins more, the equivalent of 33+ games of Seguin in time.  seguin plays this time, you prorate his points and you get another 13 points for a total of 34 a mere 4 points behind Hall. Consider that Hall gets 1st line PPM, has never been benched despite a minus 7 and has never been on a line with Thorn, Hall has not outshone Seg by a huge margin. 15 games ago, the way Seg was playing on the peripheral, I thought he might never make it with all his talent.  I am not saying he should be smashing and banging, he is not a Lucic type player, I am saying he needs to go where the puck goes not just do a skate by and flick his stick in the direction of the puck.  He has to go in front of the net, follow and track the puck and carry it  to the net with no fear, but please with head awareness.  He has been doing this the past few games and more and has def earned more ice than he has been getting. He will not get the quality mins with Cj and may even be demoted to the 4th line despite his quality play of late, I hope this does not happen. Hall gets quality time, he even has 2 Empty net goals, how many assists, I am unsure but Seg has never been on the ice in this situation for Boston to my knowledge. Hall would have been a nice selection, but he would not have near his numbers in Bos on lesser 3rd and 4th line mins.  I am extremely happy with our Seguin selection and hope he become that Ron Francis type player. Eric Staal had 11G and 20 A in his rookie season with a -6 with a lot more playing time than Seg and he bounced back with 100pts in 2nd season and also like Hall had an extra year of junior. So the crackpots need to get off Seg's back and let him play his Cj mins and let us pom pom waiving fanatics enjoy his talent.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Good analysis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Thought Hall was the better player during their junior careers and haven't seen anything to change my opinion. Nothing wrong with having the second most talented player to come out of that draft . Happy he's in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

This is all because Hall got a hat trick last night.predictable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Thought Hall was the better player during their junior careers and haven't seen anything to change my opinion. Nothing wrong with having the second most talented player to come out of that draft ? Happy he's in Boston.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Hall and Seguin will forever be joined at the hip.They will both eventually be top notch performers for years to come.If Boston drafted Hall instead,this debate would still be taking place.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I still think Seguin will be the more complete player. I truly believe that Hall's arrogance will get him into some trouble when a coach comes along & tries to make him play some d. Seguin has a great attitude & I think tha type of attitude goes along way in development. That was a difference in Stevie Y, Hull & Modanno's. The latter 2 had a bad attitude with it for awhile. Yzerman just went with it! I think you'll see the same thing with Hall. He'll get his 80-100 pts, but will be mostly one dimensional. Seguin will get his 70-80 pts, but will be great at both ends. It's no secret that I'm not a CJ fan, but I think his treatment of the kid is great & will in the overall scheme of things will make B's fans more happy we have Seguin over Hall!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

simple hall is a very skilled young upcoming player  seguin doesnt belong in the nhl not knocking him, but its painfully clear he's not ready...there is a loophole where he can go to providence on a condition stint..thats the route the bs should take..now that he will be a healthy scratch unless of injury the rest of the way 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

simple hall is a very skilled young upcoming player  seguin doesnt belong in the nhl not knocking him, but its painfully clear he's not ready...there is a loophole where he can go to providence on a condition stint..thats the route the bs should take..now that he will be a healthy scratch unless of injury the rest of the way 
    Posted by bruins8

I forgot to put you back on ignore Kessel-lover.......you're not fooling me again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by bruins8

I completely disagree! Yes you are knocking him!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : I completely disagree! Yes you are knocking him!
    Posted by nitemare-38

He tries to keep a balance between praising Kessel and trashing Seguin.Not sure which he does more of.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : I forgot to put you back on ignore Kessel-lover.......you're not fooling me again.
    Posted by dezaruchi

YES YOU'RE RIGHT DEZ! I forgot he was the PK's fan club Prez! Thx for the reminder! Now I know why my ignore list dropped to 149!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin :  YES YOU'RE RIGHT DEZ! I forgot he was the PK's fan club Prez! Thx for the reminder! Now I know why my ignore list dropped to 149!
    Posted by nitemare-38

He took some time off after the all-star break but Chowda pointed out that Bruins8 was right back at it after PK scored his 1st goal in 10 games against Boston.To quote The Who-"Won't get fooled again".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well that makes 3 of us he fooled! So I'll say "Won't get fooled again!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : Hall and Seguin will forever be joined at the hip.They will both eventually be top notch performers for years to come.If Boston drafted Hall instead,this debate would still be taking place.
    Posted by dezaruchi

really? I have gone through different forums and seen no oiler fans debate who got the best player in the draft

Focus on now. Hall is better. Its like stating Ryder could be good if this and that and this. 

Unless Seguin proves different, he is the player we see right now

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : really? I have gone through different forums and seen no oiler fans debate who got the best player in the draft Focus on now. Hall is better. Its like stating Ryder could be good if this and that and this.  Unless Seguin proves different, he is the player we see right now
    Posted by yaz16

Agree and disagree. Hall is better right now but Seguin is not always going to the player he is now, which is where the legitimacy of the "wait til he's a few yaers older" crowd comes in. However, at this point, Hall looks to be the man.

Again, 2nd best player in the draft I'll take every year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin:
    So much for that debate.  Taylor Hall just landed a hat trick and his 20th goal of the season.  Seguin has half and many goals and is probably sliding right of the depth chart with these new pick ups.  So much of the Taylor vs Tyler debate.
    Posted by prob2236

thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts