Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

The Oilers are letting Hall loose and taking a "whatever happens, happens" attitude towards his play. The Bruins have higher expectations for Seguin's game and are holding him accountable. Seguin will come out of this just fine. He may not have the offensive numbers Hall will. But he will be a better player overall. I'm happy with Seguin as a Bruin. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

How is Seguin a better player overall player or will be? Hall has a nice offensive game and plays an underrated defensive game. 

Seguins defense needs work 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The original post of this thread had to tone of Hall being superior to Seguin as being a forgone conclusion.  Its far too early in both their careers for such a verdict, never mind all of the already-mentioned logical factors. 

Prior to the draft I remember hearing a scout on radio for the Canucks (I think) say Hall looked to be the more dynamic player but Seguin the more complete and cerebral one but that same dynamism may prove to be Hall's eventual downfall in terms of career longevity.  

The scout mentioned Hall tends to play with a reckless abandon that has already left him prone to injury while Seguin is no less skilled but far more controlled. 

Thanks to the Leafs, I'm glad the Bruins were in position to get any one of those two.  Just passing it along, folks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]The original post of this thread had to tone of Hall being superior to Seguin as being a forgone conclusion.  Its far too early in both their careers for such a verdict, never mind all of the already-mentioned logical factors.  Prior to the draft I remember hearing a scout on radio for the Canucks (I think) say Hall looked to be the more dynamic player but Seguin the more complete and cerebral one but that same dynamism may prove to be Hall's eventual downfall in terms of career longevity.   The scout mentioned Hall tends to play with a reckless abandon that has already left him prone to injury while Seguin is no less skilled but far more controlled.  Thanks to the Leafs, I'm glad the Bruins were in position to get any one of those two.  Just passing it along, folks.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Right on with this and I heard much the same. But I love that reckless abandon. Not a shot at you, but look at your own screen pic. Love that style of play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : Right on with this and I heard much the same. But I love that reckless abandon. Not a shot at you, but look at your own screen pic. Love that style of play.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

dc - I'm with you on the reckless note and hell, yeah, I love the image of the Bruins pounding on someone.  Better that than the other way 'round.  The pro scout I mentioned said Hall's taken some bad, head-first spills into the boards in junior simply because of his own fearlessness. 

I remember seeing him take a wicked spill in the Memorial Cup which was also one of the head-first-board-slam variety.  Believe me, I'm not knocking either player.  Hall was drafted first overall and at present, he's showing why. 

We've seen flashes of what Seguin can do and I'm hoping once he begins to find his way in the league, we'll see even more.  To imply one is a certainty to be the superior at this point in their respective careers is ill-advised. 

The Canes' Skinner and Couture in SJ may also have something to say about the Calder this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Watch Julien pull another moronic move by sitting Seguin vs Edmonton next Sunday--- mark it down now-- I will say I told you so next Sunday night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : really? I have gone through different forums and seen no oiler fans debate who got the best player in the draft Focus on now. Hall is better. Its like stating Ryder could be good if this and that and this.  Unless Seguin proves different, he is the player we see right now
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    I don't care what other forums you attempt to poison.I never said OILER FANS have or will be debating anything.The fact is it doesn't matter who Boston drafts or trades for,there will always be clowns like you that want to tell everyone why the guy is nowhere near as good as everyone but you thinks he is.Go back to arguing Spooner over Seguin.At least that was somewhat interesting to read the replies you got.Go tell your Mom how good Hall is.No one else cares what you think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Unless Seguin proves different, he is the player we see right now"

did you write this with a straight face?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]So no one here would trade Seguin for Hall straight up?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I would only because I know what Hall can do.  He did it in the world junior, and in the Memorial Cup.  Seguin's upside is all potential.  Until it is realized it just a maybe.  How does that expression go... a bird in hand is worth two in the bush?  Something like that. 
    As has been said before, I'm very thankful to have Seguin.  Good teams don't often get chance to draft such an exciting prospect. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I just talked to the " Amazing " Kreskin and he says Seguin will turn out to be the better player.A superstar he said.So thats it , there we have it, case closed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

In Response to Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]So much for that debate.  Taylor Hall just landed a hat trick and his 20th goal of the season.  Seguin has half and many goals and is probably sliding right of the depth chart with these new pick ups.  So much of the Taylor vs Tyler debate.
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]
    Who knows what Seguin would do with all the playing time?  Hall would be in the same role as Seguin is on the Bruins.  The success and current makeup of each team has dictated playing time.  Julien has done a great job at breaking in Seguin and it's a safe bet Hall would have been used the same way.  The jury is still out imo!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Wow this discussion belongs on the Red Sox board lmfao ... are there really people out there that think Seg's is a bust lol. First off the kid has a girls body , give him a chance to fill up , bulk up a little and put some muscle on his frame. Besides ice-time thats the biggest difference between the two. Hall already has body ... you ever hear people talk about , " he has an NFL/NBA etc. body "? I would hear that talk w/ Lebron , Stat ... look at Suh on the Lions. The same rings true for hockey players ... more ready your body is , the more ready your game will be. Second , we have the ice-time issue. Id either send him down or give him 15-18 min's a night ... I'd prefer the latter. Third look at the different situations their in. Im not saying Hall's a bad at all! But this reminds me of an NBA player on the worst team in the league avg. 25 a night. Do you really think teams are game planning around Hall yet? Of coarse not! Compare that w/ the B's situation ... a team that isnt that far away from the Cup , a team that relys on D far more than O right now. Plus the B's depend on such few players for O , putting Seg's on 1-2 could really disrupt things. We just cant afford to take a chance like that , at least not this season. Seg's has a great shot , can skate for days and although he looks like a 12 yr old he doesnt run from contact. The B's system isnt friendly to a young O player like him. Hes handled C.J. very well , i cant find anyone who thinks he's handled this right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : dc - I'm with you on the reckless note and hell, yeah, I love the image of the Bruins pounding on someone.  Better that than the other way 'round.  The pro scout I mentioned said Hall's taken some bad, head-first spills into the boards in junior simply because of his own fearlessness.  I remember seeing him take a wicked spill in the Memorial Cup which was also one of the head-first-board-slam variety.  Believe me, I'm not knocking either player.  Hall was drafted first overall and at present, he's showing why.  We've seen flashes of what Seguin can do and I'm hoping once he begins to find his way in the league, we'll see even more.  To imply one is a certainty to be the superior at this point in their respective careers is ill-advised.  The Canes' Skinner and Couture in SJ may also have something to say about the Calder this year.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

And Brad Marchand!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

dezaruchi is it that time of the month? your replies make me laugh. Absolute zero composure 

i feel sorry for you. Its a forum, relax

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dezaruchi is it that time of the month? your replies make me laugh. Absolute zero composure  i feel sorry for you. Its a forum, relax
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Your postings make everyone laugh......at least I'm trying to be funny.How about you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Dezaruchi is always classic (in a good way)!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dezaruchi is always classic (in a good way)!
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]
    Thx Cam.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dez is my new favorite since NAS and I broke up over the closet montreal fan jab. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez is my new favorite since NAS and I broke up over the closet montreal fan jab. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Hey Shupe,I forgot to tell you that my buddy who used to be a Red Devil is a huge Habs fan.Last year he named his first born daughter Alexandra Lafleur O'Brien.He and I have had some good battles through the years.He makes me seem very open-minded.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from catomatic. Show catomatic's posts

19 mins per game vs. 11 mins per game.

PP time vs. virtually no PP time.

Few defensive responsibilities vs. Rigorous defensive responsibilities.

Reactive and thought-free posting vs. Critical thinking and analysis.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]19 mins per game vs. 11 mins per game. PP time vs. virtually no PP time. Few defensive responsibilities vs. Rigorous defensive responsibilities. Reactive and thought-free posting vs. Critical thinking and analysis.
    Posted by catomatic[/QUOTE]

Tis a fine first post my lad

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

O'Brien?  Hmmm.  Whats his 1st name.  I likely know him from somewhere along the lines.  I am going to the CIs Nationals in March.  Its gonna be a gong show.  I love hooking up with the old hockey boys for a weekend. 

He taught you well.  You can debate with the best

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : Tis a fine first post my lad
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Great post.  Succinct and factual.  I think you have said it all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]O'Brien?  Hmmm.  Whats his 1st name.  I likely know him from somewhere along the lines.  I am going to the CIs Nationals in March.  Its gonna be a gong show.  I love hooking up with the old hockey boys for a weekend.  He taught you well.  You can debate with the best
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    His name is Danny O'Brien.He's the pal I told you about that's now a pro scout for Dallas.It was hilarious talking to him after Boston beat up the Stars(his employers)and the Habs(his love).He called me and said Boston was a goon squad.......then broke out laughing and said they actually looked really good and that he wasn't liking the Habs chances against them.I told him that while the game was great to watch,it still didn't hold a candle to Thelven "accidentally" breaking Richers' thumb.That was still my favourite post-season since I was only 3 when Boston last won it all..........serenity now!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I know the name.  I can't picture the face.  He was a scorer if i recall correctly...

Sections
Shortcuts