Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : Nope read my posts carefully, I call them like I see them and am not one of the brainless lemmings that post on here who can't see the forest through the trees. No offense dez but I think if you got offered a job to handwash all the Bruins jocks after games for free you'd take it in a heartbeat
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]
    Good thing for all of us that you're here to remind all of us how little we know and how much smarter you are.One of those "tell it like it is"guys that actually says nothing.The Bruins are no good is your constant"revelation".Thanks for the enlightenment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Seguin's playing how Hall would have played last year in the NHL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Look, if Tyler went to the Oil would he have done what Taylor has? I'd say probably not. Taylor is bigger & stronger at this point. He also is (not always a bad thing) far more arrogant! Which when the Oilers do get better & a new coach comes in. Taylor still isn't going to know the defensive side of the game. And as most talented forwards they cringe when they're forced to change. Taylor will be no different.  Brett Hull, Mike Modano & even Stevie Y didn't learn how to play defense till later in their careers! None of them became champions until LATER in their careers! This isn't a coincidence. Defense needs to be taught. Talent is either there, or not! Both these players have talent, but BOTH are not being structured to be COMPLETE players in the same way! I'll put money down over a 5 yr period which player will be the better overall player! Seguin!
    Anothter prime example? Take a look at Illya's game in NJ! This guy is back checking like I've never seen. If this team makes the play-offs? I wouldnt want to be facing the Devil's in the 1st round!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Again, all the pressure to not mess up and team style of play (two things working in Halls favor right now) aside, just look at the fact that Hall's played in every game and nearly 7 more minutes per game

It only makes mathamatical sense that he has more goals when he's been on the ice nearly twice as long!!!

If two of us went out to a putting green.  And I shot around for 10 minutes and sunk a total of 9 shots.  And you hung around for 20 minutes and dropped 18 shots.  Would everyone then say, "oh well that proves it, you're clearly the better golfer"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]Look, if Tyler went to the Oil would he have done what Taylor has? I'd say probably not. Taylor is bigger & stronger at this point. He also is (not always a bad thing) far more arrogant! Which when the Oilers do get better & a new coach comes in. Taylor still isn't going to know the defensive side of the game. And as most talented forwards they cringe when they're forced to change. Taylor will be no different.  Brett Hull, Mike Modano & even Stevie Y didn't learn how to play defense till later in their careers! None of them became champions until LATER in their careers! This isn't a coincidence. Defense needs to be taught. Talent is either there, or not! Both these players have talent, but BOTH are not being structured to be COMPLETE players in the same way! I'll put money down over a 5 yr period which player will be the better overall player! Seguin! Anothter prime example? Take a look at Illya's game in NJ! This guy is back checking like I've never seen. If this team makes the play-offs? I wouldnt want to be facing the Devil's in the 1st round!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Very good post with great points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

All three of Hall's goals yesterday were on the power play where you have more time and space.  If Seguin was playing on the PP for the Bruins for the same amount of time as Hall has for the Oilers--- he would have 20 goals too. 

Now how about it CJ--- give the Kid a shot on the PP and utilize his skill set.  If you are worried about defensive responsibilities-- on the PP- you are trying to score goals.

1st PP unit:  Lucic, Krejci, Ryder, Bergeron, Kaberle
    2nd PP unit: Horton, Seguin, Marchand, Chara, Kampfer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'm too lazy to do the research, but i'd be curious to know how many even strength points they have compared to toi.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]All three of Hall's goals yesterday were on the power play where you have more time and space.  If Seguin was playing on the PP for the Bruins for the same amount of time as Hall has for the Oilers--- he would have 20 goals too.  Now how about it CJ--- give the Kid a shot on the PP and utilize his skill set.  If you are worried about defensive responsibilities-- on the PP- you are trying to score goals. 1st PP unit:  Lucic, Krejci, Ryder, Bergeron, Kaberle 2nd PP unit: Horton, Seguin, Marchand, Chara, Kampfer
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]
    I'd like to see Seguin full time on that line-not just the PP.Seguin is just so much faster than Recchi who needs some extra rest at his age.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Next year Dez....next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : Not entirely true. You can watch Hall and see that his game is much, much more developed at this point than Seguin. He is far more effective because he has the strength/ability to drive the net, keep control of the puck, and has a better (or at least equal) shot. However, to say the debate is over is jumping the gun.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Hall had an extra year at junior hockey that seguin did not have. that makes a difference plus the bruins can afford to bring seguin along slowly

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Next year Dez....next year.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    I like Recchi but he's an older guy that would benefit from decreased ice-time(if that makes any sense).Just like the resting TT debate,I want Recchi to have some gas in the tank for playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : I like Recchi but he's an older guy that would benefit from decreased ice-time(if that makes any sense).Just like the resting TT debate,I want Recchi to have some gas in the tank for playoffs.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think you are right but I personally hope Julien milks Recchi for all he is worth this year so the B's can move on without him in 2011-2012. I like him and admire his tenacity but I want this to be the last year he is in a B's uniform.

Next year he will be 44 and not worth the 1.95 mil (1 mill base salary + 950k incentives) he is currently being paid. I would rather a kid take his spot, whoever has earned it in training camp.

This is it for Recchi this year, I hope, so it may be best to ride him...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Anyone remeber Pierre Larouche with the lowly Pittsburg Penguins? 

He was a 50 goal / year scorer with a last place team.  Draw your own conclusions!

My take...it's easier being a 1 dimensional player than a 2 way player.

Sequin is getting the right trining to make him a true leader of a winning team.

Taylor hall will have to learn the defensive part of the game once the rebuilding in Edmonton is over and management demands a winnig team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Riptide747. Show Riptide747's posts

It's stupid to compare. 2 different situations and kids mature at a different pace not to mention the difference in teams systems and minutes played. Seguin would probably have just as many or more goals than hall if he were in the run and gun western conference and playing for a last place team. talk to me 3 or 4 years from now. Tyler has a bit more speed and a way better shot while hall is a bit more gritty......Go watch seguins goal against the rangers and you'll understand how good seguin is going to be. this kid is still a baby and is going to be a flat out 50 goal scorer in the nhl......i like Seguin in the long run

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesfan19. Show beesfan19's posts

Well ya Hall has 2X as more goals than seguin because he plays 2X more than Seguin. Hall averages about 18 to 20 minutes a game. While seguin has been averaging 10 to 12 minutes. Seguin wont be a flat out goal scorer. I think seguin is going to be a quicker and faster bergeron. But hey, thats my opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If Hall makes a mistake it a learning curve.
    If Seguin makes a mistake its getting scratched.

Huge difference. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The original post seems to assert that one is great and the other is mediocre.
    Shenanigans.

I am VERY happy the Bruins' have Tyler Seguin. The "he's not great now so he's not good", and "he's being mis-handled" talk is pure bunk. Are they handling Seguin with kid gloves? perhaps, but what the heck is wrong with that at this stage of his career? He just turned 19 last month fer chrissakes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Hall is better now, there is no debate. He received better coaching and had experience closer to the NHL (world juniors, winning junior league championships) than Seguin has.

I wonder what would of happened if Seguin and Hall exchanged teams while playing juniors? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Hall is better now, there is no debate. He received better coaching and had experience closer to the NHL (world juniors, winning junior league championships) than Seguin has. I wonder what would of happened if Seguin and Hall exchanged teams while playing juniors? 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    If there is no debate,what is it that we're all doing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I do think that Hall has the edge right now, but as I said earlier it's not going to stay that way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Hall is an offensive asset to be sure.

I'm sure he will bring the Oilers deep into the playoffs this year......

Oh wait!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Compare apples to apples

Hall 59Gm 20G 18A 38Pts -7 16PIM 7PP 4GWG 1082:31Mins 18:20/Gm
    161.51 PPMins 2.24/Gm      7PPG 3PPa 10PPpts 2Empty net goals
    F/O % 39%  Shooting% 11.6
    Hall scores a point every 28.48 mins increased from 30.5 after last night's 3 goal effort.

Seguin 55Gm 10G 11A 21Pts +1 10Pim 1PP 678:23Mins 12:20/Gm
    78.41PPmins 1.25/Gm  1PPG 2PPA 3PPPts
    F/O% 47.9 Shooting % 9.9%
    Seguin scores a point every32.3 mins

Hall has played 404.08mins more, the equivalent of 33+ games of Seguin in time.  seguin plays this time, you prorate his points and you get another 13 points for a total of 34 a mere 4 points behind Hall.

Consider that Hall gets 1st line PPM, has never been benched despite a minus 7 and has never been on a line with Thorn, Hall has not outshone Seg by a huge margin.

15 games ago, the way Seg was playing on the peripheral, I thought he might never make it with all his talent.  I am not saying he should be smashing and banging, he is not a Lucic type player, I am saying he needs to go where the puck goes not just do a skate by and flick his stick in the direction of the puck.  He has to go in front of the net, follow and track the puck and carry it  to the net with no fear, but please with head awareness.  He has been doing this the past few games and more and has def earned more ice than he has been getting. He will not get the quality mins with Cj and may even be demoted to the 4th line despite his quality play of late, I hope this does not happen.

Hall gets quality time, he even has 2 Empty net goals, how many assists, I am unsure but Seg has never been on the ice in this situation for Boston to my knowledge.

Hall would have been a nice selection, but he would not have near his numbers in Bos on lesser 3rd and 4th line mins.  I am extremely happy with our Seguin selection and hope he become that Ron Francis type player.

Eric Staal had 11G and 20 A in his rookie season with a -6 with a lot more playing time than Seg and he bounced back with 100pts in 2nd season and also like Hall had an extra year of junior.

So the crackpots need to get off Seg's back and let him play his Cj mins and let us pom pom waiving fanatics enjoy his talent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Compare apples to apples Hall 59Gm 20G 18A 38Pts -7 16PIM 7PP 4GWG 1082:31Mins 18:20/Gm 161.51 PPMins 2.24/Gm      7PPG 3PPa 10PPpts 2Empty net goals F/O % 39%  Shooting% 11.6 Hall scores a point every 28.48 mins increased from 30.5 after last night's 3 goal effort. Seguin 55Gm 10G 11A 21Pts +1 10Pim 1PP 678:23Mins 12:20/Gm 78.41PPmins 1.25/Gm  1PPG 2PPA 3PPPts F/O% 47.9 Shooting % 9.9% Seguin scores a point every32.3 mins Hall has played 404.08mins more, the equivalent of 33+ games of Seguin in time.  seguin plays this time, you prorate his points and you get another 13 points for a total of 34 a mere 4 points behind Hall. Consider that Hall gets 1st line PPM, has never been benched despite a minus 7 and has never been on a line with Thorn, Hall has not outshone Seg by a huge margin. 15 games ago, the way Seg was playing on the peripheral, I thought he might never make it with all his talent.  I am not saying he should be smashing and banging, he is not a Lucic type player, I am saying he needs to go where the puck goes not just do a skate by and flick his stick in the direction of the puck.  He has to go in front of the net, follow and track the puck and carry it  to the net with no fear, but please with head awareness.  He has been doing this the past few games and more and has def earned more ice than he has been getting. He will not get the quality mins with Cj and may even be demoted to the 4th line despite his quality play of late, I hope this does not happen. Hall gets quality time, he even has 2 Empty net goals, how many assists, I am unsure but Seg has never been on the ice in this situation for Boston to my knowledge. Hall would have been a nice selection, but he would not have near his numbers in Bos on lesser 3rd and 4th line mins.  I am extremely happy with our Seguin selection and hope he become that Ron Francis type player. Eric Staal had 11G and 20 A in his rookie season with a -6 with a lot more playing time than Seg and he bounced back with 100pts in 2nd season and also like Hall had an extra year of junior. So the crackpots need to get off Seg's back and let him play his Cj mins and let us pom pom waiving fanatics enjoy his talent.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    Great post! I couldn't agree more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think another huge difference is that Hall has to play on your top lines. Seguin can adjust in a secondary role.  I think Hall will obviously progress at a faster rate and has established himself.

Again, its a lot easier to be creative on a last place club.  You can play your game, make mistakes, learn from them and never worry about sitting in the stands as long as your effort is there.  With Seguin he isnt in the same situation.  Its completely different.  Seguin makes a mistake he rides the pine. 

Both teams are lucky to have very skilled young players.