Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]I know the name.  I can't picture the face.  He was a scorer if i recall correctly...
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    He was but he actually was named best defensive forward the year that he played.If nothing else he was a very disciplined player.If the coach gave him a job to do it got done.
    Sorry about getting off topic guys.Seguin and Hall are both great players.Oilers and Bruins are both very fortunate to have them.Boston is even luckier because they didn't have to stink to get Seguin(they just needed to trade some stink away).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Riptide747. Show Riptide747's posts

[QUOTE]Well ya Hall has 2X as more goals than seguin because he plays 2X more than Seguin. Hall averages about 18 to 20 minutes a game. While seguin has been averaging 10 to 12 minutes. Seguin wont be a flat out goal scorer. I think seguin is going to be a quicker and faster bergeron. But hey, thats my opinion.
    Posted by beesfan19[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Riptide747. Show Riptide747's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin :
    Posted by Riptide747[/QUOTE]
    It maybe your opinion but it dont mean your right.........Seguin has a world class shot and is a pure goal scrorer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : I think you are right but I personally hope Julien milks Recchi for all he is worth this year so the B's can move on without him in 2011-2012. I like him and admire his tenacity but I want this to be the last year he is in a B's uniform. Next year he will be 44 and not worth the 1.95 mil (1 mill base salary + 950k incentives) he is currently being paid. I would rather a kid take his spot, whoever has earned it in training camp. This is it for Recchi this year, I hope, so it may be best to ride him...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    If Recchi can play the same way next year, that he is this year,why wouldn't you want him back? It's easy to suggest let a kid take his spot but for the most part none of the kids on the team now are playing as well as Recchi.I would bring him back for another year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : If Recchi can play the same way next year, that he is this year,why wouldn't you want him back?
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

1) That's a HUGE if. He's 42, plays a gritty style, and looks slow already. I don't think many would grant you that assumption so easily.

2) Even if Recchi stays the same, it's likely that the youngsters will be getting better/stronger

3) PC may have some cap space to play with this summer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : He was but he actually was named best defensive forward the year that he played.If nothing else he was a very disciplined player.If the coach gave him a job to do it got done. Sorry about getting off topic guys.Seguin and Hall are both great players.Oilers and Bruins are both very fortunate to have them.Boston is even luckier because they didn't have to stink to get Seguin(they just needed to trade some stink away).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Couldnt have Said it better Dez, Im expecting BOS/EDM/NYI to have some really good seasons in the next 10yr. All 3 are loaded with young talent. I expect BOS will have the edge in veteran leadership and will become the new detroit of the next decade.

What do you guys think of Seguin being put on the 4th line/scratched again? Curly's handling of this kid is just starting to really get on my nerves. I understood the last bout of healthy scratches but the kid has been money since he came back. Easily his most consistent few games of the year. Playing with Ryder/Wheeler. For me it only seems natural to replace Paille w/ Kelley and Wheeler w/ Peverley and not change the lines.

DA was just saying this and I agree. We  know he's not on the Oil and is going to learn in a different way but when he shows that he's starting to get it. Thats when you let him go and see if he can find his game A'la Stamkos 2nd half of his rookie season. Wouldnt Seguin hitting his stride for the playoffs as a goalscorer more than offset the "defensive" presence of kelley on the 3rd line?

I dont get it, to me it seems like Curly Joe just picks on the rookies. But lets Micheal Glyder have free rain out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : 
    Im expecting BOS/EDM/NYI to have some really good seasons in the next 10yr. All 3 are loaded with young talent. I expect BOS will have the edge in veteran leadership and will become the new detroit of the next decade.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Right on!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

The kid has been playing his best hockey of the season the since the scrathes, and what's his reward for that?

A good 'ole healthy scratching against calgary

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin : Right on!
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Wheats,I've been anxious to hear your thoughts on Kaberles' Bruins debut.You made no secret of your disdain for Kaberle on trade day so I wondered if he played well enough to change your mind(even a little bit)?

Sections
Shortcuts