Taylor Hall will miss a month with shoulder injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Taylor Hall will miss a month with shoulder injury

after missing a good chunk of last spring due to an ankle sprain, I'm thinking we should all chip in and send Tambellini a "thank you" card for not selecting Seguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Taylor Hall will miss a month with shoulder injury

It looked like a really flukey injury, definitely wasn't caused by any wrecklessness. And to be perfectly honest, Taylor Hall has previous been very durable, often getting up after absorbing massive hits.

I hope he heals up and gets better, but this should keep him from going hard to the corners for at least a while

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

The hit where he was injured:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LzxyMgPQ0

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Second year, second major injury. Par for the course.
    It won't be his last.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall will miss a month with shoulder injury:
    [QUOTE]It looked like a really flukey injury, definitely wasn't caused by any wrecklessness. And to be perfectly honest, Taylor Hall has previous been very durable, often getting up after absorbing massive hits. I hope he heals up and gets better, but this should keep him from going hard to the corners for at least a while
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

He shoulda kept that arm tucked in. The arm that was hurt he reached out to brace for the boards in an awkward way which looks like it caused something to happen with the amount of force wilson supplied.

Hall may have gotten away with that stuff in the O but he wont in the NHL. He needs to reel his style of play in a bit, he def looked out of control there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

The scouting report before he was drafted said he could have a problem in the
    NHL with injuries because of his style of play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I wouldn't write him off just yet.

His style of play definitely invites trouble. but he'll learn from experience to pick his spots better and not leave himself exposed like he has.

Make no mistake, this kid will become a star in the NHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Taylor Hall will be very good. He will also get injured. He is like Ovechkin. If he tones it down he will be less effective but stay healthier. I prefer the more cerebral game of Seguin. He is the better player to build a team around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

I like Seguin but his is really a cream puff.  If he is in a race to get a puck in a corner or off the boards he lets the opposing player get there first and then tries to reach in and pull the puck.  I am not asking for reckless abandon.  He needs to get dirty, take hits and control the puck.  I am not saying that he should be the only one going to corners and to the boards on his line.  But because of the "olay" "Kessel" like play he is hurting his line. 

Love his speed, shot, and vision.  Just needs to be a little more physical.

About Hall - Needs to real it in just a little and he will be much more effective player overall.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Taylor Hall will be very good. He will also get injured. He is like Ovechkin. If he tones it down he will be less effective but stay healthier. I prefer the more cerebral game of Seguin. He is the better player to build a team around.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

when do you think a Bruins fan will come on here and say that Seguin doesn't bang enough ?  Can't wait .

As the poster above said the scouts had the two pretty well figured out.  
    Some did say that Seguin would have a longer career in the NHL just because of the way Hall plays.
    They also added that Hall would be more of an impact player earlier in his career.  Right now Seguin's progression is surprising many and could already be at par with Hall.  Faster than anticipated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

wow, it was actually the very next post!  I have hardly noticed Seguin to be a cream puff, he takes his knocks.  That said, avoiding hits is a talent as long as it doesn't cost you in your effectiveness. Wayne Gretzky dominated while avoiding a lot of physical contact and it helped him to play long an play healthy.  That's what you should do if you are only going to lose the physical battles anyway.  Since Seguin is leading the team in goals, points, and +/- I would say he is playing very effectively.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall will miss a month with shoulder injury : when do you think a Bruins fan will come on here and say that Seguin doesn't bang enough ?  Can't wait . As the poster above said the scouts had the two pretty well figured out.   Some did say that Seguin would have a longer career in the NHL just because of the way Hall plays. They also added that Hall would be more of an impact player earlier in his career.  Right now Seguin's progression is surprising many and could already be at par with Hall.  Faster than anticipated.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes, Seguin's playing physical enough and yet hopefully will be fairly injury free. Certain players, Joe Juneau comes to mind, skate in such a way as to open themselves up for big hits. Maybe Hall's the same way. If so, I like Seguin over Hall. I think Tyler will be a better player anyway, regardless of injuries.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Trade him he's a bum!" ~ trader Jack Mckeon

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall will miss a month with shoulder injury : when do you think a Bruins fan will come on here and say that Seguin doesn't bang enough ?  Can't wait . As the poster above said the scouts had the two pretty well figured out.   Some did say that Seguin would have a longer career in the NHL just because of the way Hall plays. They also added that Hall would be more of an impact player earlier in his career.  Right now Seguin's progression is surprising many and could already be at par with Hall.  Faster than anticipated.

I'll be the devil's advocate on this topic . Last year Seguin looked scared and avoided contact many times. This year he has become more involved physically which is nice to see. 

And this from Julien in an Edmonton newspaper talking about Seguin's play this year :

----------------
    Bruins coach Claude Julien didn't mince words when he spoke of Tyler Seguin, the No. 2 overall draft pick behind Oilers winger Taylor Hall in 2010, this season and last. "He's braver now," said Julien. In other words, he's playing in traffic.

----------------
    This type of quote could never be used to describe Taylor Hall's game. He plays reckless and will have more injuries then Seguin because of it. I think that's what made Hall such an intriguing player for the Oilers. He takes chances that not a lot of players take. He is fearless.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I hope he makes a full recovery. He wore a Red Sox hat at the combine and Bobby Orr is his agent and I don't want damaged goods when he comes here after his Oiler obligation is up ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall will miss a month with shoulder injury : I'll be the devil's advocate on this topic . Last year Seguin looked scared and avoided contact many times. This year he has become more involved physically which is nice to see.  And this from Julien in an Edmonton newspaper talking about Seguin's play this year :                                           ---------------- Bruins coach Claude Julien didn't mince words when he spoke of Tyler Seguin, the No. 2 overall draft pick behind Oilers winger Taylor Hall in 2010, this season and last. "He's braver now," said Julien. In other words, he's playing in traffic.                                           ---------------- This type of quote could never be used to describe Taylor Hall's game. He plays reckless and will have more injuries then Seguin because of it. I think that's what made Hall such an intriguing player for the Oilers. He takes chances that not a lot of players take. He is fearless.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I always knew you were the Devil's lawyer although it's very true what you are saying.
    I'm just waiting for the day someone starts a thread complaining Seguin is not physical enough
    Reckless Hall ... can we say "Eric Lindros" . Hall doesn't play the same way but it's the reckless part that can shorten his career afterall Hall is not 6ft5 and 230lbs+. With his physic he'll breakdown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I hope he makes a full recovery. He wore a Red Sox hat at the combine and Bobby Orr is his agent and I don't want damaged goods when he comes here after his Oiler obligation is up ;)
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Good one !  I really believe he wanted to be a Bruin and wouldn't have minded being picked no2.
    I've said this before but before the draft I wanted the Bruins to get Hall, after the draft I was not disappointed as I knew they would both eventually become stars and now I am very very happy the Bruins chose Seguin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall will miss a month with shoulder injury : I always knew you were the Devil's lawyer although it's very true what you are saying. I'm just waiting for the day someone starts a thread complaining Seguin is not physical enough Reckless Hall ... can we say "Eric Lindros" . Hall doesn't play the same way but it's the reckless part that can shorten his career afterall Hall is not 6ft5 and 230lbs+. With his physic he'll breakdown.

Sadly, this is why the greatest Bruin of all-time had his career shortened.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall will miss a month with shoulder injury : Sadly, this is why the greatest Bruin of all-time had his career shortened.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I know you're old enough to have seen Orr but he wasn't that reckless or was he ?
    You're talking about him,  right?
    Neely was reckless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Hall will miss a month with shoulder injury : I know you're old enough to have seen Orr but he wasn't that reckless or was he ? You're talking about him,  right? Neely was reckless.

Yes. Reckless as in going full speed in areas where he could get easily injured. And he did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Orr was incredibly reckless because he had no fear. This even after all of the injuries. He only knew 1 way to play. Balls out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Well well, I haven't considered Hall's relationship to Orr and the possibility of becoming a Bruin someday, but now that it's been mentioned, bring him aboard asap! He's a Bruins type of player, for sure!