Taylor v Tyler in this the lost year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Taylor v Tyler in this the lost year

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm just disturbed that kel has a date with bim at a hotel in a secret location to watch dirty movies together.

[/QUOTE]

What adds to the disturbing factor is that bim is our resident crotch expert ( Tuukka's groin and Seguin's condoms ). 

Kel. Don't wear tight pants.

[/QUOTE]

Now I'm disturbed that we have a "resident crotch expert."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It was just sitting there, nite.  Coulda been anyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

They are both great young talents. I wanted a wing on this roster. Not sure why giving Hall the respect he deserves is perceived as a slight towards Seguin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are both great young talents. I wanted a wing on this roster. Not sure why giving Hall the respect he deserves is perceived as a slight towards Seguin.

[/QUOTE]

.......................or Bruins fans perception that because Hall was not drafted by the Bruins therefore Seguin turned out to be the better choice afterall.

Oilers fans feel the same way about Hall. Homerism working at it's finest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see Seguin as more of an all around scorer than Stamkos. Stamkos just puts the puck in the net, VERY well, but he doesn't have the assist totals that I think Seguin will be able to come up with given their natural positions.

[/QUOTE]

OH MY WORD.

That's a bit above and beyond.  That's like taking Lafontaine over Bossy.

Stamkos has 179 goals in four years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not sure the Swiss League is better than the AHL at all.

Peter Taticek was third in goals there last season.

The year before, Stacy Roest lead the league in assists.

I'll give the nod to the AHL on this one.

[/QUOTE]

Overall, AHL scoring champs averaged 0.37 ppg in their NHL stints, but that drops to 0.2 ppg if you remove Armstrong.  Five of the 9 Swiss A leaders (counting Robitaille only once) fell on above the average even if Armstrong was included, and all but two were well above the 0.20 number that sets aside Armstrong as an anomaly.  Edge Swiss A.

[/QUOTE]

That's one way to look at it.  Another is that the NHL is the best league in the world and a group of players who were drafted by the NHL are generally going to be better hockey players than a group that was not. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry I misunderstood that the comparison of this thread is Hall vs. Seguin and then you add a comparison of Hall vs. a perimeter player. It seemd logical that you were still comparing Hall and Seguin.

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what the post was doing and exactly how it reads.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Overall, AHL scoring champs averaged 0.37 ppg in their NHL stints, but that drops to 0.2 ppg if you remove Armstrong.  Five of the 9 Swiss A leaders (counting Robitaille only once) fell on above the average even if Armstrong was included, and all but two were well above the 0.20 number that sets aside Armstrong as an anomaly.  Edge Swiss A.

[/QUOTE]

That's one way to look at it.  Another is that the NHL is the best league in the world and a group of players who were drafted by the NHL are generally going to be better hockey players than a group that was not. 

[/QUOTE]

That's more or less what I meant by "[i]t's the developing prospects that would give the AHL a nod if you wanted to side that way."  The top scorers in both leagues tend not to be bound for the NHL.  There are always exceptions, but the guys with NHL talent don't usually stick around until they're fully developed.    In the sample I looked at for the point above, guys like Jason Krog and Kirby Law went undrafted and won AHL scoring titles.  Darren Haydar was a 9th round pick, Alexandre Giroux a 7th.  The AHL scoring leader with the best NHL resume, Derek Armstrong, was a 6th round pick.  The top scorers (but probably not the best players in the long run) in the A are also a bunch of undrafted guys or late round picks.

In Krejci's best AHL year, he had 74 points in 69 games.  Haydar won the title that year with 122 points.  In the top ten scorers that year, only Haydar, Brett Stirling, P.A. Parenteau and Troy Brouwer were drafted and they were all late rounders.  Only Parenteau and Brouwer have made it as real NHLers, though it remains to be seen what P.A. does once he's out of that pressure cooker on Long Island where the tradition of success drives players...nevermind.

I'm sure if you looked at the top 10 scorers on each AHL team and each Swiss A team from 2000-2010, the NHL achievements of the guys from the AHL would crush the Swiss players.  Ray Emery's comment that the KHL falls somewhere between the AHL and the NHL in terms of level of play probably doesn't apply to the Swiss A, but I think I'd still land on simply preferring to watch the AHL game rather than trying to assert the AHL is tangibly better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I see Seguin as more of an all around scorer than Stamkos. Stamkos just puts the puck in the net, VERY well, but he doesn't have the assist totals that I think Seguin will be able to come up with given their natural positions.

[/QUOTE]

OH MY WORD.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you're getting at? By scorer I meant points totals. Yes I know Stamkos has almost scored more goals than Seguin had points last season but I think that when Seguin enters his prime in the next few seasons his points totals will rise. I think Seguin will be a playmaker and a scorer albeit not on Stamkos' level. I think (and hope) Seguin will tally more assists and less goals for a higher overall points total, that's all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The point is that its grasping at straws to say oh, well, Stamkos is a great goal-scorer but Seguin will get more points when you're talking about a guy with 156 goals over the last 3 years (and who knows how his rookie total might have changed if Melrose had stayed in the booth?).  Since the Richard trophy was created, there have been only two 60 goal seasons, and Stamkos had his last year.  He's not even 23 yet.  He has topped 90 points each of the last three years.  Seguin needs to pass through Missouri before you stop getting flack for saying he'll be better than Stamkos.  Oh, and Stamkos is also a natural C.

The only leg you might have is how important having St. Louis on RW is for a shoot-first C.  Stamkos has slowed to merely excellent when St. Louis has been out or off his line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OH MY WORD.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you're getting at? By scorer I meant points totals. Yes I know Stamkos has almost scored more goals than Seguin had points last season but I think that when Seguin enters his prime in the next few seasons his points totals will rise. I think Seguin will be a playmaker and a scorer albeit not on Stamkos' level. I think (and hope) Seguin will tally more assists and less goals for a higher overall points total, that's all.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you'd want someone to have more assist than goals. When the main objective is putting the puck in the opposing net. Not being a smart alec, I'm trying to comprehend your logic. Would you rather Neely assisted more than what he did instead of having 3 50, 1 40, 2 30 & 2 more with above 25 goals?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If he tallies more assists that means he was a factor in more goals? More goals means... more goals? How is that not a good thing?

Of course it's grasping at straws, but it's my hope that that happens? I'm not saying "Oh Seguin is better, he will tally more points than Stamkos someday." I'm saying "Yea that'd be nice, so I hope it happens." I'm just being realistic in saying I don't ever see Seguin putting up goal totals like Stamkos so in that case in order to make up the difference and be a top scorer in the league he will HAVE to have more assists. Is there something wrong with that?

In the bolded section I meant that in comparison to Stamkos, not for his own totals. Meaning I'd love for him to score 50 goals and tally 45 assists. Less goals than Stamkos but more assists. See what I mean?

Neely was a RW and you're trying to compare him to a player that has been called a future C. Would you have preferred Oates scored more goals rather than be known as one of the best passers to have ever played the game? I think that's a little closer to the comparison I was looking for.

I also forgot Stamkos is a center as well, sorry I haven't seen him play a game in awhile.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

If he tallies more assists that means he was a factor in more goals? More goals means... more goals? How is that not a good thing?

Of course it's grasping at straws, but it's my hope that that happens? I'm not saying "Oh Seguin is better, he will tally more points than Stamkos someday." I'm saying "Yea that'd be nice, so I hope it happens." I'm just being realistic in saying I don't ever see Seguin putting up goal totals like Stamkos so in that case in order to make up the difference and be a top scorer in the league he will HAVE to have more assists. Is there something wrong with that?

In the bolded section I meant that in comparison to Stamkos, not for his own totals. Meaning I'd love for him to score 50 goals and tally 45 assists. Less goals than Stamkos but more assists. See what I mean?

Neely was a RW and you're trying to compare him to a player that has been called a future C. Would you have preferred Oates scored more goals rather than be known as one of the best passers to have ever played the game? I think that's a little closer to the comparison I was looking for.

I also forgot Stamkos is a center as well, sorry I haven't seen him play a game in awhile.

[/QUOTE]

OK that makes more since. Thanks for clarifying.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hall versus Seguin is a nice debate, probably go their whole careers being compare to each other...Both have a long way to go before being mentioned in the same breath as Stamkos. Until one of them breaks the 50 goal barrier, thats the way it is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    OK that makes more since. Thanks for clarifying.

[/QUOTE]

No problem! I re-read my post and saw how that could be confusing. I'm at work so I get interrupted mid-post sometimes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Hall versus Seguin is a nice debate, probably go their whole careers being compare to each other...Both have a long way to go before being mentioned in the same breath as Stamkos. Until one of them breaks the 50 goal barrier, thats the way it is.

Yep!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

I think people wanted Hall in that draft because we are and were stacked with centers. A high quality winger would have fit in beautifully. Still, its awesome we got Seguin, kids a beast!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Ill take seguin he has a more complete two way game. Seguin was an all-star and has a cup. The oilers have yet to make the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seguin over Stamkos? I don't know about that one. While I think Seguin could be a top 5-7 player in the NHL, Stamkos in my opinion is already there at his age and has been for a couple of years. Right now, I might take Stamkos over anyone not named Crosby. He's not a very good goal scorer. He's an elite one, perhaps the best one right now.

Nice to be debating this with you fellas right now.

[/QUOTE]

Same to you, Kel...

I'll take Stamkos over Crosby all day...

Stamkos takes a Boychuk slapper off the face and plays with no skin on his nose 5 minutes later, Crosby treats refs like the help with all the attitude and bitchiness he gives them...

Plus, no concussion problems for Stamkos...

Also, I feel like the only things Hall is better at than Seguin is grinding, driving to the net, and probably hitting...

Although I do not watch Hall game in-game out...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ill take seguin he has a more complete two way game. Seguin was an all-star and has a cup. The oilers have yet to make the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

But, Taylor went to the worst team in hockey, Seguin went to one of the better teams. Had they been drafted by the other team Hall would have made the playoffs and Seguin wouldnt have. Plus, Seguin had very little to do with them going to the playoffs his rookie year as he sat numerous games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you'll take the B's over the Oilers with these comments. Wouldn't those be classified as team achievements ? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Being an allstar has nothing to do with team achievements. Hall is injury prone and is not defensively responsible. I honestly believe seguin will have a far better career. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Being an allstar has nothing to do with team achievements. Hall is injury prone and is not defensively responsible. I honestly believe seguin will have a far better career. 

[/QUOTE]

In the future, you need to look at the underlined before you reply.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two way game? Seguin?  C'mon now

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two way game? Seguin?  C'mon now

[/QUOTE]

Seguin plays a pretty good two way game.  It doesn't stand out as much because the whole team basically does.

Sections
Shortcuts