1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Taylor v Tyler in this the lost year

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ill take seguin he has a more complete two way game. Seguin was an all-star and has a cup. The oilers have yet to make the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Two way game? Seguin?  C'mon now

[/QUOTE]

Seguin plays a pretty good two way game.  It doesn't stand out as much because the whole team basically does.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it a strong point for him. There's a reason the youngest fastest legs on the team doesn't get PK time. Just brilliant offensive skill set- defense not so much imo -

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it a strong point for him. There's a reason the youngest fastest legs on the team doesn't get PK time. Just brilliant offensive skill set- defense not so much imo -

[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a reason.  There are a few of them. They are:  Patrice Bergeron, Chris Kelly, and Greg Campbell.  Another factor is that a player cannot play all 60 minutes and he is better at offense than he is at defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a reason.  There are a few of them. They are:  Patrice Bergeron, Chris Kelly, and Greg Campbell.  Another factor is that a player cannot play all 60 minutes and he is better at offense than he is at defense.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that the B's have some great PK guys. Paille is one of them also. I think that in Seguins case it has a lot to do with shying away from puck battles and his poor play along the wall and in the corners. He's improving, but nowhere up to where he should be. PK is for the highest compete types first and foremost.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree that the B's have some great PK guys. Paille is one of them also. I think that in Seguins case it has a lot to do with shying away from puck battles and his poor play along the wall and in the corners. He's improving, but nowhere up to where he should be. PK is for the highest compete types first and foremost.

[/QUOTE]

A very good description of the way I also feel about his play. All players have warts . For those who like Seguin ( I am one ), if you're truthful with your thoughts there's no denying the above.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where should he be after two years?  A Selke candidate?  I see it differently.  You look and say "He doesn't XYZ so he must not be any good at it."  I look and say "He just did XYZ, so he's getting better at it."

When I see a second year player loaded with offensive skill skating hard to get back, I am impressed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Remember how young Seguin was for his first two years and moderately physically developed he was.  You just can't expect him to be powering over people in the corners and dominating physical battles.  He was holding his own last year in physical battles, which is just fine considering he can skate circles around some people when he's not stuck in the corners.  The physical side and the back-checking is likely to improve every year, while the rest of the skill set is already at the top level in many ways.  Think of guys like Sakic and Yzerman, who never turned heads with physical battles or power in the corners, but should be the talent level that Seguin can reach if all goes well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I agree that the B's have some great PK guys. Paille is one of them also. I think that in Seguins case it has a lot to do with shying away from puck battles and his poor play along the wall and in the corners. He's improving, but nowhere up to where he should. PK is for the highest compete types first and foremost.

[/QUOTE]

Where should he be after two years?  A Selke candidate?  I see it differently.  You look and say "He doesn't XYZ so he must not be any good at it."  I look and say "He just did XYZ, so he's getting better at it."

When I see a second year player loaded with offensive skill skating hard to get back, I am impressed.

[/QUOTE]

I think he did too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I agree that the B's have some great PK guys. Paille is one of them also. I think that in Seguins case it has a lot to do with shying away from puck battles and his poor play along the wall and in the corners. He's improving, but nowhere up to where he should. PK is for the highest compete types first and foremost.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he did too.

[/QUOTE]

I'm of the thought that players of Seguins skill level dont get much PK time is a. he's still learning the defensive part of the game and b. you want the majority of his minutes being used 5 on 5 and for the PP..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Erik karlsson won an award for being the best dmen and yet he didn't play on the pk. So seguin not being on the pp should not be that big of a deal. maybe that's why our pp was a joke last year leaving your best offensive talent on the team Off the pp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Erik karlsson won an award for being the best dmen and yet he didn't play on the pk. So seguin not being on the pp should not be that big of a deal. maybe that's why our pp was a joke last year leaving your best offensive talent on the team Off the pp.

[/QUOTE]

Well, that certainly didn't help my argument.

I bet Phil Housley loses sleep over the fact that Karlsson won the Norris.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he did too.

[/QUOTE]

I'm of the thought that players of Seguins skill level dont get much PK time is a. he's still learning the defensive part of the game and b. you want the majority of his minutes being used 5 on 5 and for the PP..

[/QUOTE]

Bergeron does both which to means Julien thinks a. is the answer for Seguin.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bergeron and Seguin are very different players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bergeron and Seguin are very different players.

[/QUOTE]

Yes they are.

Bergeron knows how to play defense and still talented enough to play the PP. Seguin hasn't learned the defensive part yet.

e.g. Steve Yzerman was once thought of as in the same mould as Seguin is now. An offensive player only. He adapted to a complete game and ended up a great PKer.

What restrictions are there for Seguin not to adapt to a similar game ?

Sections
Shortcuts