Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player?

In Response to Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player? : lol, o.k. pal, feel free to ignore me then. good day.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

Settle down, just having fun with ya, and not saying he's even close to the talent, but I know exactly what your saying as far as the Skinner/Crosby thing. They actually skate alike and kind of have the same body language, best way i explain it but i know what your talking about..

All kidding aside, and I say it's too early to judge Hall/Seguin, but your right, it's fun to debate it....while we are on this, I went to the game last night, and holy good lord is Ryan Nugent-Hopkins the real deal. While he needs a little work in his own end like every 18 year old who has ever played, he is as gifted as they come offensivly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player? : Settle down, just having fun with ya, and not saying he's even close to the talent, but I know exactly what your saying as far as the Skinner/Crosby thing. They actually skate alike and kind of have the same body language, best way i explain it but i know what your talking about.. All kidding aside, and I say it's too early to judge Hall/Seguin, but your right, it's fun to debate it....while we are on this, I went to the game last night, and holy good lord is Ryan Nugent-Hopkins the real deal. While he needs a little work in his own end like every 18 year old who has ever played, he is as gifted as they come offensivly.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

lol! nice, I was kinda dissapointed, I thought you were serious. 

Yeah, skinner and crosby are both amazing on their edges, and regularly open up their feet for additional leverage. Their footwork is top notch.

Agreed that RNH is the real deal, he sees the ice like Savard used to see the ice, and his skating is just silky smooth. I haven't seen an amazing shot from him yet, but he gets the job done regardless. I just hope he doesn't get creamed in the corner sometime this season, he looks like such a boy out there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]My answer is a tie so far. Hall had a better year last season then Seguin But Seguin won the Cup. This year I think Seguin is playing better then Hall. So, I this so far this season and last years is a tie. These 2 kids will be great hockey players. I just think its too dam early to say who is better.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]

Isnt it a little bit of a stretch when you say "Seguin won the Cup?"  I mean, he stepped in when they needed him, had a great period one game and was OK otherwise, but he didnt exactly put the team on his back in the playoffs.  I mean, "Thornton won the Cup" too, right?

Hall again with the blazing speed last night.  I just don't see how people can say Seguin is as good a skater. And Hall's assist was far more skilled than that pinball that ended up in the Oiler net that they gave Seguin credit for.

I don't mean to put Seguin down; he looks like a tremendous talent, but the black and gold glasses he's viewed through here are a little funny.  I still think it's too soon to call it, but I still think Hall looks better today.  It would be interesting to see them in similar systems, on teams with similar competitive levels and with similar linemates. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't see how people can say Seguin is as good a skater.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

You're right, i have no idea how people can say Seguin is as good a skater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEjskfa3nrM

Seguin can fly man. 

So I have a question for you, lets put these people on a scale of 1-10

Seguin:
    Hall:
    Kessel
    Marchand
    Chara

I'm curious what you think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

It will take years to answer this question with any certainty. RNH may be the best of the three, very impressive for a rookie with less than 20 games under his belt. Seguin should be point per guy for the next 15 years. I think Hall will be a consistent 30+ goal guy. I would take the true #1 center given the choice so Seguin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player? : Isnt it a little bit of a stretch when you say "Seguin won the Cup?"  I mean, he stepped in when they needed him, had a great period one game and was OK otherwise, but he didnt exactly put the team on his back in the playoffs.  I mean, "Thornton won the Cup" too, right? Hall again with the blazing speed last night.  I just don't see how people can say Seguin is as good a skater. And Hall's assist was far more skilled than that pinball that ended up in the Oiler net that they gave Seguin credit for. I don't mean to put Seguin down; he looks like a tremendous talent, but the black and gold glasses he's viewed through here are a little funny.  I still think it's too soon to call it, but I still think Hall looks better today.  It would be interesting to see them in similar systems, on teams with similar competitive levels and with similar linemates. 

Well said, Seguin was ON a team that won a Cup. Hall drafted by a team that finished dead last the year before, and is now a crucial element of a re-building team that is playing well so far this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Skinner and Couture

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Skinner and Couture
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

Couture wasn't in that draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player? : Isnt it a little bit of a stretch when you say "Seguin won the Cup?"  I mean, he stepped in when they needed him, had a great period one game and was OK otherwise, but he didnt exactly put the team on his back in the playoffs.  I mean, "Thornton won the Cup" too, right? Hall again with the blazing speed last night.  I just don't see how people can say Seguin is as good a skater. And Hall's assist was far more skilled than that pinball that ended up in the Oiler net that they gave Seguin credit for. I don't mean to put Seguin down; he looks like a tremendous talent, but the black and gold glasses he's viewed through here are a little funny.  I still think it's too soon to call it, but I still think Hall looks better today.  It would be interesting to see them in similar systems, on teams with similar competitive levels and with similar linemates. 
    The thing is that 1 period will still be talked about 20 years from now as it was a recrd-breaking period. That means he did something that's never been done. Your constant attempts to trivialize Seguin's contribution to the Cup run are getting sillier with every point Seguin gets this year. A goal and an assist in the previous game means Seguin did more than simply having "1 good period". I don't know what your deal is but it would seem Seguin has simply replaced TT as this year's guy that you "don't want to put down" but will do it anyway. Even attempting to question Seguin's skating ability shows that your skills as a talent evaluator are seriously lacking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player? : You're right, i have no idea how people can say Seguin is as good a skater http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0clQFgocfB0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JCh_hoP__A&feature=fvst http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keScsEt5VfM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEjskfa3nrM Seguin can fly man.  So I have a question for you, lets put these people on a scale of 1-10 Seguin: Hall: Kessel Marchand Chara I'm curious what you think.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE] Great videos ,do you know where I could find a clip/video of the play Seguin made last night when Bergeron passed him the puck and without breaking stride he pulled back and put the puck between his legs? You could hear the crowd give  a collective ohh !!.It was an amazing play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player? : The thing is that 1 period will still be talked about 20 years from now as it was a recrd-breaking period. That means he did something that's never been done. Your constant attempts to trivialize Seguin's contribution to the Cup run are getting sillier with every point Seguin gets this year. A goal and an assist in the previous game means Seguin did more than simply having "1 good period". I don't know what your deal is but it would seem Seguin has simply replaced TT as this year's guy that you "don't want to put down" but will do it anyway. Even attempting to question Seguin's skating ability shows that your skills as a talent evaluator are seriously lacking.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] Sorry dez but I do kind of agree that Seguin's contribution to the Cup has been greatly exagerrated.However,that makes me all the more excited about what we are seeing now.Seguin definitely showed flashes of greatness against Tampa but is now doing it on a regular basis.This year's team can only benefit from his consistent great play.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Both players seem to have bright futures and are playing well.  I would be happy with either.  I haven't seen enough of Hall to really breakdown their games head to head, but man, Seguin has shown some end to end type brilliance few have ever had and is getting better every night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player? : Sorry dez but I do kind of agree that Seguin's contribution to the Cup has been greatly exagerrated.However,that makes me all the more excited about what we are seeing now.Seguin definitely showed flashes of greatness against Tampa but is now doing it on a regular basis.This year's team can only benefit from his consistent great play.   
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]
    It's hard to exaggerate a record-breaking performance........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player? : It's hard to exaggerate a record-breaking performance........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Over the long haul of the 25 games where would you rate Seguin's contribution ?Would you say he played better than Horton ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor vs. Tyler: Who is the better player? : Over the long haul of the 25 games where would you rate Seguin's contribution ?Would you say he played better than Horton ?
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]
    Why is that relevant? Horton is the 1st player to score 2 game 7 winners. How about Rex, Kelly, or Peverly? They all had similar points per game to Seguin during the playoff run yet I can't think of which of the 16 games that any of them were personally responsible for winning. Everyone who dismisses Seguin's performance as "just 1 good period" should remember that Boston likely doesn't get through round 3 without Seguin. Add the numbers up however you'd like but they'll still end up as 6 points in a 7 game series. That's well beyond respectable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Let us not underestimate his goals against Tampa either.....each of them were impressive as hell. His second assist in that period was pretty slick as well (no look onto Kelly's stick in the slot).