Team not relying on Thomas so much anymore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Team not relying on Thomas so much anymore

Stuart isn't fighting for a spot.  He's as solid and reliabe as anyone not wearing 33 or 44.  Just because he doesn't show up on the scoresheet, many posters here think he's below average.  He doesn't play with flash.  He just does his job.

McQuaid or Boychuk would get jettisoned before Stuart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I think you can say the same when they play Rask. NAS is spot on. When we win, our D men (exceptions made for last game), are usually no where to be seen on the scoresheet, but are doing their job. There + - stats will indicated that I think. Having the team play as a TEAM is what is the biggest thing happening now. I've said it before, if we are running on all cylinders at the start of the playoffs, and we get stellar goal tending from both our goalies, we can go deep in the playoffs. Just a thought.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

WOW, I agree on all points posted. That's a first

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Stuart even admitted he is fighting for his old job back. I think fans rate him higher than management does. Even though he's a high draft pick his talent level is # 5 or 6 defenseman at best and will never be more than that. McQuaid already does nearly as good a job and Kampfer is what the backline desperately needs since the loss of Wideman and Hunwick's skills. I can't ever imagine them sitting Kampfer in favor of Stuart. Stuart has not been as reliable this season as in the past. Yesterday was his best game but he's had some forehead slappers this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i can't imagine sitting stuart in favor of mcquaid. mcq is a very good 7th d who's top 6 when we have injuries. you'll always have injuries, so mcq will get his icetime.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Nifty,
    Stuart is saying that to be humble, he expects to play, he is higher then all of those guys on the depth chart and has seen many other d men come and go in his 6 years with the bruins.

also he has not been as solid this year? based on what, he is a plus player, has been his entire career, and early on in the season was often the teams only physical presents.. He has to re earn his ice time in terms of conditioning and game speed, but he is still a 3-4 d man on this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanNewbie. Show BruinsFanNewbie's posts

In an article about Lucic, he said that he'd not played well for the last 8 or so games, and it bothered him. He also said having a chance to watch a couple of games from the box helped him realize that he needed to return to his physical forechecking. I thought it was enlightening that he mentioned not just hitting but ensuing that he separates the opponent from the puck.

Hopefully, this respite gets him back on track!! I think the thing that he mayhave lost sight of while on the ice was that his physical presence/play creates opportunities for the whole line, not just himself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Stuart is the type of player to keep.  If I was a GM seeking a defensemen out of the Stuart, Seidenberg, Boychuk, and McQuaid crowd, Stuart would be the one.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

The entire team is playing great!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Rolerhoky you make good points although I still think the highest he'll ever get to is #5 or 6 as a defenseman. I thought there were many games though where he was making bonehead plays on breakout but hey, maybe that was a team thing. If he stays I won't complain; he's a good guy but if he's traded i won't be surprised either. Julien is desperately wanting more mobile backliners. It fits better in his philosophy.

BFN, lucic looked lke a renewed man and also looked good with Seguin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Nifty last year's Stuart I would agree would be on the roster bubble.  This year I have been surprised by his progression moving the puck.  He is not going to ever be a PMD but he seems to be following Seidenberg's lead and becoming very reliable and consistent with the puck in our own zone.  We all know they love his locker room presence.  I think he may be raising his ceiling into top 4 Dman.  I do not believe that he deserved to be more then a 6/7 in the past but good for him for working on his weaknesses.

Alright NAS, and Nifty I'm ready to get beat up from both sides.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Team not relying on Thomas so much anymore:
    [QUOTE]Rolerhoky you make good points although I still think the highest he'll ever get to is #5 or 6 as a defenseman. I thought there were many games though where he was making bonehead plays on breakout but hey, maybe that was a team thing. If he stays I won't complain; he's a good guy but if he's traded i won't be surprised either. Julien is desperately wanting more mobile backliners. It fits better in his philosophy. BFN, lucic looked lke a renewed man and also looked good with Seguin.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

He hasn't looked good on the breakout?  Are you referring to the breakout that has 90% of Bruins fans crying in their soup for a puck moving defenseman?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Team sure relied on him tonight, way to go Timmy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yeah TT sure let them down tonight.

Why he hadn't knocked Jokki and Larose on their a$$e$ b4 they scored those goals WIDEOPEN at the side of the net,tch tch Timmy.

PB37/DK46 Rask would have had em right, just yankin yer chain.LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

The improved production from B's d'men as a whole (Kampfer, Chara, Boychuk in particular) has been the biggest reason for B's uptick in goal production.  If they can keep this up, they'll become the legit Cup contender most thought they'd be coming into this season.  May it continue (and may Krejci catch the wave too!).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

TT steals another last night.. I would put that at about 10 wins the team didn't deserve but walked away with.. Maybe some of you should back track on who was at fault in the montreal collapse.. Cause It wasn't between the pipes...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

what do you mean not relying on timmy thomas the bruins rely on thomas every night he has won at least a dozen games this season alone all by himself if all the bruins were as talented as timmy the bruins would be undefeeted.