Team Shuperman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Team Shuperman

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Big Al.   bondra, dino, hunter.  I guess i liked them bc they were always underdogs.  

They had some decent regular seasons to be sure but could simply not put it all together in the playoffs for some reason. Even with the magic of John Druce. Always a piece or two away...

They lack someone like chara right now. When john erksine is in your top 4 you r in trouble.  I really like that they gave olesky and hilden a chance.  Both very cap friendly.  Orlov didnt play bc of injury and is another good young dman.  Will be interesting to see if they bring ribero back.  Erat laich would have helped them big time.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

They lack someone like chara right now. When john erksine is in your top 4 you r in trouble.  I really like that they gave olesky and hilden a chance.  Both very cap friendly.  Orlov didnt play bc of injury and is another good young dman.  Will be interesting to see if they bring ribero back.  Erat laich would have helped them big time.  

Orlov is the key on the back end me thinks. Once he comes back from injury (and the Caps sign another good stay at home type) their D will look very good. Eskine can be the 7th d man again and Shultz can simply disappear.

By the way, have you ever noticed how their old uniforms resemble that of a clowns?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Orlov is the key on the back end me thinks. Once he comes back from injury (and the Caps sign another good stay at home type) their D will look very good. Eskine can be the 7th d man again and Shultz can simply disappear.

By the way, have you ever noticed how their old uniforms resemble that of a clowns?

Haha.  Team Clown jerseys.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I knew you would  like that.....:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Big Al.   bondra, dino, hunter.  I guess i liked them bc they were always underdogs.  

They had some decent regular seasons to be sure but could simply not put it all together in the playoffs for some reason. Even with the magic of John Druce. Always a piece or two away...

I really like Olesky. His game reminds me a bit of Mcquaid. I also like Sara Orlesky. She gives free boners.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'd counter your team with:

Kane/Toews/Hossa

Kunitz/Crosby/Stamkos

Abdelkader/Sobotka/Rupp

Boll/Konopka/Dubinsky

Karlsson/Suter

Ekman-Larsson/Yandle

Stuart/Beauchemin

Anderson/Fasth

Cap compliant? Likely not but oh well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I really like Olesky. His game reminds me a bit of Mcquaid. I also like Sara Orlesky. She gives free boners.

27 year old rookie. Almost hung them up.  Great story.  Um. I also like orlesky or the same reasons.  Funny you cant say ba ng in here but can say boners.  I cant say i wanna ba ng sara with my boners.  Had to add the s

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I also like Sara Orlesky. She gives free boners.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Team Kelvana:

Couture/Crosby/Eberle

Landeskog/Nugent-Hopkins/Gallagher

D.Brown/Johansen/Niederreiter

D.King/Steckel/McLaren

Karlsson/Cowan

Subban/Bogosian

Voynov/Murray

Price

No Need for back up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Team Kelvana:

Couture/Crosby/Eberle

Landeskog/Nugent-Hopkins/Gallagher

D.Brown/Johansen/Niederreiter

D.King/Steckel/McLaren

Karlsson/Cowan

Subban/Bogosian

Voynov/Murray

Price

No Need for back up

I dont think crosby will want to play with steckal.  D king.  Are we talking dj king.  Is he even in the east coast league?  Or la king king.   voynov is quickly on shuperman man crush radar.  Dude is awesome.  Cowan is already in my favorite list even though he stunk last gm 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I also like Sara Orlesky. She gives free boners.

Yeah, you've gotta go with B or C there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

All NAS Team

1st scoring:  Neal-Getzlaf-Eberle

2nd scoring:  Glencross-Richards-Kessel

Buzz:  Huberdeau-Vermette-Tarasenko

Bang:  Prust-Konopka-Neil

Slick D:  Doughty-Voynov

Crush D:  Pietrangelo-Gudbranson

Bang and Move D:  Faulk-Grossmann

#1 goalie:  Quick

Guy who opens the defense door:  Bernier

Obviously I've exceeded the cap a bit with a $20M first line, but whatever.  My team would score plenty of goals, win almost every faceoff, move the puck well and have a long future with quality young players.

And man, the other team would leave bruised and/or hospitalized.  Every game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

After seeing what Fraser took I was tempted to include him. That guy is tough as nails.

I really like what Abdelkader brings to Detroit. I would have picked Datsyuk too but Shupe claimed him. And I thought no Bruins was a guideline. Oh well, if Bruins are allowed I change my team considerably.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

After seeing what Fraser took I was tempted to include him. That guy is tough as nails.

I really like what Abdelkader brings to Detroit. I would have picked Datsyuk too but Shupe claimed him. And I thought no Bruins was a guideline. Oh well, if Bruins are allowed I change my team considerably.

No Bruins is a guideline.  I missed that part.  Oops!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fixed!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

All NAS Team

1st scoring:  Neal-Getzlaf-Eberle

2nd scoring:  Glencross-Richards-Kessel

Buzz:  Huberdeau-Vermette-Tarasenko

Bang:  Prust-Konopka-Neil

Slick D:  Doughty-Voynov

Crush D:  Pietrangelo-Gudbranson

Bang and Move D:  Faulk-Grossmann

#1 goalie:  Quick

Guy who opens the defense door:  Bernier

Obviously I've exceeded the cap a bit with a $20M first line, but whatever.  My team would score plenty of goals, win almost every faceoff, move the puck well and have a long future with quality young players.

And man, the other team would leave bruised and/or hospitalized.  Every game.

Where is your florida boy toy.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not good enough when picking from the whole league!

I did go with Huberdeau and Gudbranson, however.  (Hubey and Guddy to their friends)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Trying to think back on who would have to be on Team Bookboy - the idea is "based on who you've e-harmonied on this board" right?

Toews. Giroux (back when people suggesed dealing Hamill and a pick for him, pre "best player in the world" comments from his coach - had the scoop from his days playing with DK in Gatineau).  Doughty.  Duchene, Simmonds, Karlsson, Eric Staal, Pietranglo, ...

I don't know who else I've backed a la shupe's man-crushes.  Even on this list, the only three I think are comparable to the way shupe is Raffi's lawyer are Toews, Staal and Doughty.

But then I don't do e-harmony very often.

NAS - where's Matthias!?!?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...okay, shupe beat me to it - but I would put Matthias ahead of Neil if I were you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

...okay, shupe beat me to it - but I would put Matthias ahead of Neil if I were you.

HERESY!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I was reading an article the other comparing this years Black Hawks with the Cup winners. It compared players gone with their replacements. I forgot that Brouwer was a Blackhawk! Wow, as well as Andrew Ladd. Always thought Brouwer would have been a great Bruin!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

I was reading an article the other comparing this years Black Hawks with the Cup winners. It compared players gone with their replacements. I forgot that Brouwer was a Blackhawk! Wow, as well as Andrew Ladd. Always thought Brouwer would have been a great Bruin!

Add in Big Buff and that team was truly awesome.....sans the goaltending of course. But, if Detroit can win with Osgood then anything is possible.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You mean the goaltender who is up for the Vezina this year?  Yeah - bum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Perhaps you forgot what a non-factor Niemi was in the Hawks cup run in 2010?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Niemi is somewhat enigmatic to me...shades of Osgood but not quite to that degree...perhaps Jimmy Howard-esque......

Sections
Shortcuts