Team Speed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Team Speed?

There were a few of us in agreement that our team against chicago was exposed some bc of overall team speed.  I think the leafs used that aspect as well.   i personally think we have taken a step backwards.   Horton peverly and seguin were some of our faster fwds.   mason raymond would sure help the 3rd line and could also fill in the top 2 lines should someone get hurt.  

Hoping for a burner for the 3rd line.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1xxxxxxxxx7777. Show 1xxxxxxxxx7777's posts

Re: Team Speed?

In response to shuperman's comment:

There were a few of us in agreement that our team against chicago was exposed some bc of overall team speed.  I think the leafs used that aspect as well.   i personally think we have taken a step backwards.   Horton peverly and seguin were some of our faster fwds.   mason raymond would sure help the 3rd line and could also fill in the top 2 lines should someone get hurt.  

I think Chicago exposed Bruins lack of speed on defence,not so much the forwards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'll trade speed for finish 8 days a week.  We got 2 proven goal scorers who will thrive in CJ's system for a 21 year old with unkown potential and a guy who didn't want to be here.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I'll trade speed for finish 8 days a week.  We got 2 proven goal scorers who will thrive in CJ's system for a 21 year old with unkown potential and a guy who didn't want to be here. 

Yep

2013 free agency is over in Boston except for a $6.5M cap hit RFA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

if we're talking about speed, we also traded our fastest player. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I'll bet Seguin was faster than Pevs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Eriksson can skate - no worries about the drop from +++speed in Seguin to ++ speed with Eriksson.  Iginla has lost a step, but he should be fine on the Krejci line - functional speed is good enough.  I think the third line is fine with Soderberg, Kelly and Paille - maybe even faster with Paille in for Peverley and Soderberg over whoever.  That really leaves Merlot, and exposing the lack of speed on that line isn't a priority.

On D, Krug, Hamilton and Bartkowski are all better skaters in terms of speed than McQuaid and Boychuk, and are at least a small upgrade in speed over Ference, so the issue is how they manage to incorporate that speed without trading experience.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Finish, i can finish.  Gotta get there.   speed against chicago was pretty evident.  It was against the leafs as well   our team is older and slower.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I'll bet Seguin was faster than Pevs

At least Eriksson can really skate too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Finish, i can finish.  Gotta get there.   speed against chicago was pretty evident.  It was against the leafs as well   our team is older and slower.  

All true shupe but they just fixed the PP too so that's a huge added bonus

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I agree, Shupe.

However, although Raymond is fast, he is a peripheral player, even moreso since his back injury in the '11 Final. Think Seguin-very lite.

Claude would tolerate him for just a few shifts and banish him forever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The B's didn't lose because Chicago was faster.

They lost because Bergeron couldn't win a faceoff to save his soul in the later games, the older defensemen were injured and tired and players like Seguin couldn't find the back of the net.

The fix?  Get Bergeron healthy, let the defensemen rest and replace Seguin.

Done, done and done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Where?  Jagr left.  Horton seguin left.  Jagr wasnt given much credit but the man helped our pp in a big way.  My hope is hamilton and krug are 1st line pp.  chara flat out stinks on the pp.  he has a rocket but doesnt use it likely bc he never hits the net.  

Our back end team speed isnt great with chara, boychuk, seids, mcq,  bart, hamilton krug all smooth.  

Up front loui will easily take horton place.  But seguin was the teams fastest skater, peverly also can skate.   Soder doesnt appear to have great wheels.   

In books scenario paille moves up and i and in agreement there.  But that really exposes the 4th line.  

Chimera is a guy who can motor and has a very cap friendly hit.  If raymond is too much i think a chimera would come in handy.  Play anywhere in your lineup, great pk guy.  Hits. Cant fight but will.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How?  Did Julien promise under oath that he would keep Chara on the bench for all man advantage situations?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I predict the first "we should trade for Chimera or Torres" thread will be October 15th!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The B's didn't lose because Chicago was faster.

They lost because Bergeron couldn't win a faceoff to save his soul in the later games, the older defensemen were injured and tired and players like Seguin couldn't find the back of the net.

The fix?  Get Bergeron healthy, let the defensemen rest and replace Seguin.

Done, done and done.

Both teams were injured, chicago had more team speed and were more mobile.

When chicago changed up the temp our team was stuck in sand.   We just lost AF who was one of our more mobile dmen, we lost 3 of our fastest fwds.  

I will stick with older and slower then last yrs team.  Seguin didnt score, many guys didnt, i thought seguins game and speed in the final was very very good.  I bet he'd drink to that.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I predict the first "we should trade for Chimera or Torres" thread will be October 15th!

Torres great cap hit.  Chimera even better.  I would take either over our current 3rd line winger.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shoulda gotten Matt "Goon Central" Hendricks!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Where?  Jagr left.  Horton seguin left.  Jagr wasnt given much credit but the man helped our pp in a big way.  My hope is hamilton and krug are 1st line pp.  chara flat out stinks on the pp.  he has a rocket but doesnt use it likely bc he never hits the net.  

Our back end team speed isnt great with chara, boychuk, seids, mcq,  bart, hamilton krug all smooth.  

Up front loui will easily take horton place.  But seguin was the teams fastest skater, peverly also can skate.   Soder doesnt appear to have great wheels.   

In books scenario paille moves up and i and in agreement there.  But that really exposes the 4th line.  

Chimera is a guy who can motor and has a very cap friendly hit.  If raymond is too much i think a chimera would come in handy.  Play anywhere in your lineup, great pk guy.  Hits. Cant fight but will.  

There's little doubt in my mind that Loui and Iggy (proven finishers) will be able to improve the PP more than Jagr (once a proven finisher) & Seguin (underperforming finisher) did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

How?  Did Julien promise under oath that he would keep Chara on the bench for all man advantage situations?

God I hope so

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the B'S lost four one-goal games....

i'm not worried about playing teams with speed, i just worry about the B'S playing their game....

the only other signing for now is Tuukka and let training camp begin!!!!

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Torres great cap hit.  Chimera even better.  I would take either over our current 3rd line winger.  [/QUOTE]

Gotta work the kids in Shup, otherwise the draft and Don Sweeney's job is meaningless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

i'm not worried about playing teams with speed, i just worry about the B'S playing their game....

I cant wait for that announcement.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Torres great cap hit.  Chimera even better.  I would take either over our current 3rd line winger.

Gotta work the kids in Shup, otherwise the draft and Don Sweeney's job is meaningless.

[/QUOTE]

Spooner needs to get his shot...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

I cant wait for that announcement.  

which one?....  about Tuukka or training camp....

Sections
Shortcuts