Team Speed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Team Speed?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I predict the first "we should trade for Chimera or Torres" thread will be October 15th!

Torres great cap hit.  Chimera even better.  I would take either over our current 3rd line winger. 

Gotta work the kids in Shup, otherwise the draft and Don Sweeney's job is meaningless.

I dont have issue with playing caron or spooner.  Im curious to see who actually gets the spot outta camp.  Im not very hopeful for soder but he needs to get a fair shot as well.  And huge pressure on bart, krug and hamilton.  Two of these guys need to really step fwd and not backwards like hamilton.  would love to see redden take a league min contract for the 7th dman.  He played really well.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Team speed went down ... however, Seguin and Horton weren't the greatest defenders. Pev looks done after his groin injury that sidelined him a couple of years ago. Not worried here.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

the B'S lost four one-goal games....

i'm not worried about playing teams with speed, i just worry about the B'S playing their game....

the only other signing for now is Tuukka and let training camp begin!!!!

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

I cant wait for that announcement.  

which one?....  about Tuukka or training camp....

Both.  But more tuukka 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Speed is maybe a valid concern, but I'm thrilled with the changes. I'll take a guy who can deliver in front of the net, and I guy who can snipe it and is not afraid to keep the puck on his stick if someone is within five feet of him. I'd also consider Paille on the 3rd line fulltime, he's earned it, and he's got speed to burn. Put one of the yutes on the 4th line, and tell him to grind all out or back down for you buddy.

My main concern is the PP. Jagr worked wonders on the wall with the man advantage, and I don't see anybody with that unique skill and creativity (M.Savard) on this roster, I do agree that Chara must give up PP ice time to Krug and Hamilton, he and Bergeron ...yes, Bergeron, aren't very good on the PP.

Other than that - all jacked up that some emotional vampires are gone -

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Team speed went down ... however, Seguin and Horton weren't the greatest defenders. Pev looks done after his groin injury that sidelined him a couple of years ago. Not worried here.

Neither were terrible bc if they were they would have been planted on the bench.  Boston plays a very responsible game.  Its 5 man units.  Not individuals.  I think loui n iggy will fit in fine.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shupe can't wait for the Rask announcement.  I think he'll get $7M per over six years.

Shupe thinks Rask has proven his value and wants him to get at least $8M to show everyone how valuable he really is.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Shupe can't wait for the Rask announcement.  I think he'll get $7M per over six years.

Shupe thinks Rask has proven his value and wants him to get at least $8M to show everyone how valuable he really is.

so what you're saying is that Shupe's finally seen the light?....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

$8M might even be a little light.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Neither were terrible bc if they were they would have been planted on the bench.  Boston plays a very responsible game.  Its 5 man units.  Not individuals.  I think loui n iggy will fit in fine.   

I agree with your statement I bolded with Loui in particular.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Speed is maybe a valid concern, but I'm thrilled with the changes. I'll take a guy who can deliver in front of the net, and I guy who can snipe it and is not afraid to keep the puck on his stick if someone is within five feet of him. I'd also consider Paille on the 3rd line fulltime, he's earned it, and he's got speed to burn. Put one of the yutes on the 4th line, and tell him to grind all out or back down for you buddy.

My main concern is the PP. Jagr worked wonders on the wall with the man advantage, and I don't see anybody with that unique skill and creativity (M.Savard) on this roster, I do agree that Chara must give up PP ice time to Krug and Hamilton, he and Bergeron ...yes, Bergeron, aren't very good on the PP.

Other than that - all jacked up that some emotional vampires are gone -

I come for the hockey talk but I stay for the jokes.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Your vote is in, Hang.   Let's recap the numbers we all hope for:

NAS:  $7M

Shupe:  $8M

Hang:  more than $8M

I think you guys are a bit off the rocker on this.  Your numbers are too high for me.  I hope you're wrong.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Your vote is in, Hang.   Let's recap the numbers we all hope for:

NAS:  $7M

Shupe:  $8M

Hang:  more than $8M

I think you guys are a bit off the rocker on this.  Your numbers are too high for me.  I hope you're wrong.

My guess is 6 years - 39 million 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Up front the team speed has been no problem, and neither Loui or Iggy will cause a drop due to capability plus experience. Defense is another story. Both Chara and Seids have slowed down and are leaving the point earlier than necessary; Boychuck and McQ can usually keep their positioning, but not always. Bartkowski and Krug have shown solid speed, and the Bruins played better with both in the lineup; Hamilton should develop into a top notch guy, with the emphasis on "should". He will need solid coaching [ where are you Rammer?] How well Campbell comes back will be an interesting challenge with Kelly and Soderberg available. Please tell me that something will be decided with Thornton other than a 4th line permanence.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How?  Did Julien promise under oath that he would keep Chara on the bench for all man advantage situations?

And there's the key ! Shoot me and Shupe were begging for this in the playoffs . Then you wonder why he got tired.

On topic it depends who makes the team on the 3rd line .  Maybe just a bit more speed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Just taking Jagr out of the line-up increases the team speed. Lol.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

So, what was Ruff smoking?

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

Just taking Jagr out of the line-up increases the team speed. Lol.

YES!

but on a more serious note, a lot will depend on how guys keep up with age and injuries. I think Iginla and Loui improved our consistency scoring goals but our game is built from the back up. Add a year to Chara and Seides. Bergy and Soups beat up. Are we better in our own end?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The Bruins had more trouble creating separation on the score sheet despite the many chances they had.   seguin and jagr were poster boys for this in the playoffs.  this kept the opposition in many games which led to more to a game of bounces and luck.  If the Bs had more finish, they could maybe have avoided this and gone up 2 or 3 goals on an opponent.  This happened countless times in the reg. season as well.  Loui and Iginla should help address this.  Speed is way overrated.  some teams with "speed" did not even make the playoffs.

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

The Bruins had more trouble creating separation on the score sheet despite the many chances they had.   seguin and jagr were poster boys for this in the playoffs.  this kept the opposition in many games which led to more to a game of bounces and luck.  If the Bs had more finish, they could maybe have avoided this and gone up 2 or 3 goals on an opponent.  This happened countless times in the reg. season as well.  Loui and Iginla should help address this.  Speed is way overrated.  some teams with "speed" did not even make the playoffs.

here here

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

I agree with this . the habs are a very quick team . didnt really help a whole lot against the Sens . in this years playoffs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Eriksson replacing Seguin .........both described as fast skaters.

Horton and Iginla are about equal.

Bartkowski, Hamilton or Krug are just as fast ( or faster ) as Ference.

Jagr's slowness is replaced by Soderberg.

Peverley ? If Spooner makes the jump, people will love the way he skates.

Johnson/Svedberg can open the door just as fast as Khudo.

What's the problem with their team speed ? 

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Speed is valuable if you've go the toughness to go with it, as Chicago did.  Being out-paced by another club can hurt in a number of ways, not the least of which is losing mental quickness.  You can get into bad passes, dumb plays (like Chara on Toews in game 6), and loss of confidence.

I don't think losing Seguin and Pevs is a big deal for the reasons in previous posts -- Seguin has speed but he rarely used it to his advantage.

I'd like to see the B's improve their team speed, and I'm thinking they can start with the defense.  I hope that Krug, Bart, and Hamilton -- and possibly Morrow -- get good minutes next season, and Chara gets cut back substantially.  He's great against slower teams, but not against fast teams.  He shouldn't be on the PP at all.  Hamilton's way, way better offensively, and Krug is way better, period.

What a difference when Krug quarterbacks the PP -- he's much more threatening when he brings the puck up because he does it with speed, and because he can take it to the net if he wants.  He moves and thinks faster than Chara.  With Chara, everybody in the building knows where the breakout pass is going, and the opponent has more time to get into position.

I think Chara's been great for this team.  Without him they wouldn't have become the contender that they are today.  But it's time to hand the reigns to the newer, faster guys.  I haven't watch Bart much, but I think he's pretty quick at moving and thinking, too.  Please tell me if I'm wrong.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The B's didn't lose because Chicago was faster.

They lost because Bergeron couldn't win a faceoff to save his soul in the later games, the older defensemen were injured and tired and players like Seguin couldn't find the back of the net.

The fix?  Get Bergeron healthy, let the defensemen rest and replace Seguin.

Done, done and done.

We have a Bingo ! Even though i was a Seguin fan, but I am just the fan with an opinion ... the mngt. had to let the kid go elsewhere, it was best for him, and the Bruins need cap space. Just like thornton kessel situation Sh@t happens for a reason.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

There were a few of us in agreement that our team against chicago was exposed some bc of overall team speed.  I think the leafs used that aspect as well.   i personally think we have taken a step backwards.   Horton peverly and seguin were some of our faster fwds.   mason raymond would sure help the 3rd line and could also fill in the top 2 lines should someone get hurt.  

Hoping for a burner for the 3rd line.  

I agree, Shupe.

However, although Raymond is fast, he is a peripheral player, even moreso since his back injury in the '11 Final. Think Seguin-very lite.

Claude would tolerate him for just a few shifts and banish him forever.

Concur on this point.  Typical Raymond rush: picks up the outlet pass, tries to blow past the d-man on the outside, button-hooks before he gets smeared along the glass, loses puck to the backchecking winger.

• Sections
    Shortcuts