Team to avoid come playoff time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Team to avoid come playoff time

If you had to pick one team to avoid in the first round which one would you pick?  Mine would be Toronto. Toronto just beat Two of the Cali teams Ana and LA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Team to avoid come playoff time

Don't care.  Bring it - whoever.

This sort of conversation makes more sense when your team is not one of the top contenders and you're looking at how the path might break for them to make a run.  Sort of the way the Flyers made the Finals in 2010 - they upset the Devils in a 7 vs 2 matchup, the Bruins upset the Sabres in a 6 vs 3, and the Scabs took down Ovechkin's top-ranked Caps.  Second round, we know what happened, but it was a 7 vs 6 matchup to start, and the Bruins were just too thin to lose Krejci.  The Scabs then knocked off the Pens, so the East Finals was 7 vs. 8.  Philly avoided Ovechkin (if the Scabs lose to Washington, Philly would have played Ovechkin) and Pittsburgh and even Buffalo.

Bruins are 1st in the East.  Teams should worry about avoiding the Bruins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

If you are a serious Cup contender you don't play the avoiding game. You plan for everything and then execute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiftyKJ. Show NiftyKJ's posts

The Boston Bruins

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NiftyKJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Boston Bruins

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what i was thinking.  As long as they don't have to play the freakin' Bruins.  I mean, they are a TEAM.  All four lines can score and the blueline can as well.  In a series, their checking would wear down any team.

The other 29?  BRING IT ON.

Bruins in four.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I honestly think I like this Bruins team more than any other in recent years.  Given 7 games, i dont think there is anyone that could wipe them out. No one really makes me that nervous, they move drop a game or two, but I'm super confident this team could beat anybody.

Obviously would prefer to have Seidenberg in there, but still, this team is built for the playoffs.  Cant wait for it to start. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There's no one that worries me in the east, a Pittsburg series might get ugly from a revenge factor from last year, the Thornton suspension game this year, but that's about it.

Otherwise any other team in the east could have a goalie get hot, it can always happen.  Given the reputation I have of all the goalies in the east, I don't see it happening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The only team I would try to avoid would be a NHL allstar team including Ovi, Sid, Toewns, Kopitar, Kane, Datsiuk (healthy), Perry, Getzlaf,  Tarasenko, Johansen, Steen, Stamkos, Pacioretty  ...in net Quick and Miller,  other than that the team tomavoid is the BOSTON BRUINS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

If the Panthers sneak in.... oh wait, TT is gone.

Nevermind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Seal Team 6

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I think Ramz means who scares you the most. Last year i feared the Bs playing the Rangers and penguins that scared me the most and look what happened, it was Toronto who was the biggest scare. Talking the 1st round this year, i havent any yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and the Ducks just lost 7-2 to Flames. They may have peaked too early. Did you see how the Sharks smoked the Loafs?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

The only teams that scare me are the Blackhawks and Kings. None of these other Western Conference teams have done it. The Ducks finished second last year and lost in the first round. The Sharks are perennial playoff underachievers. The Penguins have too many injuries to overcome, plust the Bruins are just a better team. Both the Blackhawks and Kings have depth and play good defensive hockey to match up with the Bruins. In the end though I still like the Bruins against any team in the NHL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

How many teams in the league...play-off teams have a player like an Eriksson & the Yeti caliber that could jump up into a top 6 role if need be? How many teams in the league have a Paille, or a Campbell that can jump onto the 3rd line? When the B's are healthy the 4th line is a huge bonus & a huge advantage that no other team can match. The Merlot line is even better now than they were in 2011. There's absolutely no question that every play-off team has the Boston Bruins enter their mind. Even the Western teams think about the Bruins before the Pens. As someone else already said the only team that the Bruins need to worry about are the Bruins themselves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Went to the Kings-Lurfs game last night so I can see why the Lufa-troll has come on to hoot n hollah. Reimer looked good last night but there were stretches were TO looked horrible defensively.

The Bruins didn't have a 3rd line last year, this year they do. Loafs don't have the depth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stourque. Show stourque's posts

Montreal - just because.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Don't really care who they play in first round,I'm sure it will go seven games and then overtime,I'm hoping this year that who ever they play they put them away fast,I think the Bruins make it to finals or they go out in the first round,nothing in between.Once they get rolling almost impossible to beat in a seven game series.Now personally would like Mont and Tor to play each other in first round,hate them both so much hopefully they will kill each other.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Literally no team in the east scares me at all. Not one bit. Out west there are four teams that have me nervous 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

In response to stourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Montreal - just because.

[/QUOTE]

We do not look like the same team when we play Montreal for some reason. It would be best to avoid them the first round. Having said that I relish the chance to play them in the playoffs as beating them is almost as good as winning the cup. In some ways better.........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many teams in the league...play-off teams have a player like an Eriksson & the Yeti caliber that could jump up into a top 6 role if need be? How many teams in the league have a Paille, or a Campbell that can jump onto the 3rd line? When the B's are healthy the 4th line is a huge bonus & a huge advantage that no other team can match. The Merlot line is even better now than they were in 2011. There's absolutely no question that every play-off team has the Boston Bruins enter their mind. Even the Western teams think about the Bruins before the Pens. As someone else already said the only team that the Bruins need to worry about are the Bruins themselves.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but Campbell is highly over-rated.  I like his character and grit, but he is a decent 4th line center and nothing else.  He is a team guy which fits the Bruins, but don't get carried away with using him as an example of our grit.  I think he our worst player --- at least Thornton wins some fights and his goals are pretty.  Campbell might get 5-10 tip in variety/garbage goals a season, lose some fights and win some face-offs but that is it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to Chappy28's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but Campbell is highly over-rated.  I like his character and grit, but he is a decent 4th line center and nothing else.  He is a team guy which fits the Bruins, but don't get carried away with using him as an example of our grit.  I think he our worst player --- at least Thornton wins some fights and his goals are pretty.  Campbell might get 5-10 tip in variety/garbage goals a season, lose some fights and win some face-offs but that is it

[/QUOTE]

You had me at sorry...then lost me at but . This is a very " Stanley like " post . 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Saying that Campbell is worse than Thornton is one of the dumbest things ever said on bdc

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

C'mon, Chappy.  Who cares how "pretty" Thornton's goals are?  They still only count as one.  Campbell's haven't exactly been the result of having someone bank it off his cup as he slides along the ice, either.  A few of the ones he had during his recent goals streak were nice skill plays, and he played very well with Jagr - one of the few Bruins who did - when they were paired up for a few games.  From a career scoring standpoint, there's not much to distinguish Campbell and Paille - both have topped 30 points, come close another time, and settled in to the 15-20 point club as fourth liners.  "Elite" Sobotka has never topped 30 points....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Chappy, save your five bucks.  The results are already in:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you are a serious Cup contender you don't play the avoiding game. You plan for everything and then execute.

[/QUOTE]

Execute them?