Team to avoid come playoff time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

Re: Team to avoid come playoff time

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Its funny no one is mentioning pitt.  They just dont scare me.  

Take the years 2008 & 09 out of the picture & Walla you have the San Jose Sharks of the East! Let's all hope that they have to play Philly (There's the dark helmet) in the 1st round. That team drives the Penquins nuts! It's beautiful to watch! 

That series from 2012 was one of the most entertaining to watch in recent history. If one this year was like the games from the past weekend, sign me up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Take the years 2008 & 09 out of the picture & Walla you have the San Jose Sharks of the East! Let's all hope that they have to play Philly (There's the dark helmet) in the 1st round. That team drives the Penquins nuts! It's beautiful to watch! 

Especially when Malkin and Crosby pop a vessel in retaliation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Especially when Malkin and Crosby pop a vessel in retaliation.

Thank you for finishing my thought Rich! However, this is why the Flyers don't scare me. If they try the same stuff against the B's? The Bruins will just laugh at them. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Blues & Bruins Cup final rematch. Can we get Bobby to lace them up again?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

You can bet Bobby will be waving a flag for them during a home game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

You can bet Bobby will be waving a flag for them during a home game. 

Would love to see that.....again!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nite I think Tcal is saying those are the teams to avoid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Nite I think Tcal is saying those are the teams to avoid.

I can agree with Tanaka & Fuji,they were murder,but the rest don't scare me !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Reading through this thread again, it's clear that this place will burn like Vancouver if the Bruins don't make the Finals again.

In the abstract, I think the team that fits the "avoid them" tag is the Red Wings if Zetterberg gets back and if Datsyuk plays.  Playoffs start around mid-April, and I think Zetterberg is supposed to be out until around the 21st.  Datsyuk isn't going to be 100%, but they might have him for the last two weeks to get them in to the dance.  Those two, plus Legwand, would give Franzen, Alfredsson, Tatar, Nyqvist etc. some cover, and we saw last year how the Wings could squeak in and then do some damage with their experience, good coaching and good goaltending.

No worry about avoiding them if you're the Bruins, but that's the team that could go from a barely-8th-place roster to something much more competent in a hurry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

No team scares me at all. Bruins to me are by far the best team in the NHL right now and it's not even close. Look at our goal differential for christ sakes, the best in the league. No team has a better and deeper team, and TUUKKA is an animal come playoff time.

I fully expect to win the CUP this year.

BOSTON BRUINS 2014 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:

The final two games vs the flyers may give us more insight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Any team that lulls the Bruins into a game based exclusively on speed and skill.

We've got Lucic and Chara and you don't - that's a trump card, all we have to do is play it.

That's the jist of it anyway

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Reading through this thread again, it's clear that this place will burn like Vancouver if the Bruins don't make the Finals again.

In the abstract, I think the team that fits the "avoid them" tag is the Red Wings if Zetterberg gets back and if Datsyuk plays.  Playoffs start around mid-April, and I think Zetterberg is supposed to be out until around the 21st.  Datsyuk isn't going to be 100%, but they might have him for the last two weeks to get them in to the dance.  Those two, plus Legwand, would give Franzen, Alfredsson, Tatar, Nyqvist etc. some cover, and we saw last year how the Wings could squeak in and then do some damage with their experience, good coaching and good goaltending.

No worry about avoiding them if you're the Bruins, but that's the team that could go from a barely-8th-place roster to something much more competent in a hurry.

Not from me _ I expect nothing less than a 27th to 30th spot in the draft, but after that it's just too much of a crap shoot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I would agree but "In Rask we must Trust" is the mantra in any competition.  

In response to watchtower's comment:

The final two games vs the flyers may give us more insight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I can see Philly, Montreal or NYR taking out a higher seed. Philly has that dynamic forecheck going, and the others have goalies that can steal a few games. A little off topic, but dont sleep on San Jose. They're not the team they were 2-3 years ago. Much more defensive and balanced. I can see them running the table.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:

No team scares me at all. Bruins to me are by far the best team in the NHL right now and it's not even close. Look at our goal differential for christ sakes, the best in the league. No team has a better and deeper team, and TUUKKA is an animal come playoff time.

I fully expect to win the CUP this year.

BOSTON BRUINS 2014 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS.

Let's not count our chickens early here. Chicago, St.Louis, L.A., SanHose, Anaheim and Pittsburgh will also have something to say about who wins the cup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

I honestly think I like this Bruins team more than any other in recent years.  Given 7 games, i dont think there is anyone that could wipe them out. No one really makes me that nervous, they move drop a game or two, but I'm super confident this team could beat anybody.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

2 teams I'm totally not concerned about are the Hawks and Pens.

Check out this clip, no one on either team is moving their feet or hitting.

Spanking either one of these teams would be child's play.

The Bruins would just toy with them.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=582887&lang=en&navid=nhl:topheads

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

If you had to pick one team to avoid in the first round which one would you pick?  Mine would be Toronto. Toronto just beat Two of the Cali teams Ana and LA.

flyers taking-on everybody right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If you had to pick one team to avoid in the first round which one would you pick?  Mine would be Toronto. Toronto just beat Two of the Cali teams Ana and LA.

Unless Columbus and NYR both pass the Flyers down the stretch we won't be seeing them this post-season unless both Boston and Philly make it to the Conference final.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Unless Columbus and NYR both pass the Flyers down the stretch we won't be seeing them this post-season unless both Boston and Philly make it to the Conference final.

Exactly. I'm headed to filly next Sunday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd take a matchup with Philly every day and twice on Sunday.

Sections
Shortcuts