Team USA Needs New GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Team USA Needs New GM

Sorry, Im not buying the "Gold or nothing culture" as an excuse to not show up today.  The US hasnt won a gold in 34 years, yet they are so arrogant that they are going to lay down in a bronze game? Please.

I agree that Blysma's inability to get this group on board to act like a team is on him, just like he was unable to adjust to the Bruins in the semis last year. He got a lot of credit for holding his group together after a bunch of injuries a couple years ago, but this guy has done not much of anything lately with tons of talent in front of him.

Id have wanted Yandle, but I dont believe a couple differences in players had anything to do with it.  The team had an entitled disinterest today.  Maybe thats the NHL way, but it has to fall on Blysma.

They were beat by a better team vs Canada (and yes the score was not indicative of the game), but today's mental check-out was embarrassing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe you should abandon your country like you abandoned the Bruins?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why would he have to abandon his country for writing something on a public hockey forum ? Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like u abandoned the USA female Olympic hockey team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why would he have to abandon his country for writing something on a public hockey forum ? Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Because he's a known turncoat.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know, Beez.  I know.

Suck it.

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because he's a known turncoat.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know, Beez.  I know.

Suck it.

LOL

[/QUOTE]

haha .  I couldn't resist Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I did no such thing.  I watched the whole pitiful affair and hoped the US would win.  I just happen to despise the execution of the game from start to finish (from Dez to Book?).  I never turned my back on my team or my country.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't share the opinion that this is anything but a failure for the US and I also don't share the opinion that the bronze game wasn't important.  It's embarassing to get thumped in the bronze medal game by Finland.  Let's not pretend it isn't.

The fact is that the US laid a big egg on the biggest stage.  They were outplayed thoroughly by Canada, a team that struggled mightily with Latvia days before, so don't tell me they were unbeatable.  The US failed to score a single goal in the two full games of the medal round.  The "GMs" involved opened themselves up to criticism by having a bush-league circus of a selection process.  Then the team they arrogantly selected, with their bizarre outside-the-box logic, flopped.  

I hate Monday morning quarter-backing just as much as the next guy, but I think Yandle, Bobby Ryan, and Okposo should have been on this team.  As San and others said, why pick Wheeler ahead of those guys and then refuse to use him?  Paul Martin looked awful.  Orpik couldn't keep up.  Kessel checked out when we got to the medal round.  

The notion of Herb Brooks leadership with veteran NHL players is unrealistic, but that doesn't mean that the coach is just a figurehead.  From lineups to matchups, to choices in playing time, to basic strategy Bylsma had an opportunity to put his stamp on this team.  The execution stunk when it mattered.  The matchups were bad.  Adjustments were not made.  Nothing seemed to work, for two straight games.

Poille, Shero, Burke, Bylsma...you all failed.  And let's not let the players off the hook either.  Guys who should be leaders, Kessel, Brown, Martin, didn't show up when they were needed.  I think about 8-10 guys played hard and well in those last two games.  That's it.  Not good enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't share the opinion that this is anything but a failure for the US and I also don't share the opinion that the bronze game wasn't important.  It's embarassing to get thumped in the bronze medal game by Finland.  Let's not pretend it isn't.

The fact is that the US laid a big egg on the biggest stage.  They were outplayed thoroughly by Canada, a team that struggled mightily with Latvia days before, so don't tell me they were unbeatable.  The US failed to score a single goal in the two full games of the medal round.  The "GMs" involved opened themselves up to criticism by having a bush-league circus of a selection process.  Then the team they arrogantly selected, with their bizarre outside-the-box logic, flopped.  

I hate Monday morning quarter-backing just as much as the next guy, but I think Yandle, Bobby Ryan, and Okposo should have been on this team.  As San and others said, why pick Wheeler ahead of those guys and then refuse to use him?  Paul Martin looked awful.  Orpik couldn't keep up.  Kessel checked out when we got to the medal round.  

The notion of Herb Brooks leadership with veteran NHL players is unrealistic, but that doesn't mean that the coach is just a figurehead.  From lineups to matchups, to choices in playing time, to basic strategy Bylsma had an opportunity to put his stamp on this team.  The execution stunk when it mattered.  The matchups were bad.  Adjustments were not made.  Nothing seemed to work, for two straight games.

Poille, Shero, Burke, Bylsma...you all failed.  And let's not let the players off the hook either.  Guys who should be leaders, Kessel, Brown, Martin, didn't show up when they were needed.  I think about 8-10 guys played hard and well in those last two games.  That's it.  Not good enough.

[/QUOTE]

I thought Quick brought his A game the whole tournament, and deserved a better fate.  His team hung him out to dry in the final game, especially after the second goal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought Quick brought his A game the whole tournament, and deserved a better fate.  His team hung him out to dry in the final game, especially after the second goal.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Goaltending was not the problem.  Quick gave them a chance.

Didn't like the first goal yesterday, Selanne's backhander.  Otherwise I thought Quick was very good, amid very inconsistent play around him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I did no such thing.  I watched the whole pitiful affair and hoped the US would win.  I just happen to despise the execution of the game from start to finish (from Dez to Book?).  I never turned my back on my team or my country.

[/QUOTE]

Your actions suggest otherwise. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Another post made in fun ( for you, not him )........or......... acting like a dick following this guy around from something he's posted and since apologized for almost a year ago ?

Another example of John Scott preaching to the other goons.........ugggh. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Crap Sniping 101

Congrats.

You've become Pauly1, except a heck of a lot less fun.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

Crap Sniping 101

Congrats.

[/QUOTE]

Why do u think controversy follows u like no other on this site?  It's because u are the King of the Crap Snipers .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Crap Sniping 101

Congrats.

[/QUOTE]

Why do u think controversy follows u like no other on this site?  It's because u are the King of the Crap Snipers .

[/QUOTE]

Says the guy who comes in here to crap snipe another poster.

Hasnt talked hockey in two years.

Crap Sniper.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

now now children

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Crap Sniping 101

Congrats.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crap Sniper.

[/QUOTE]

Says the yes boy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Crap Sniper.

[/QUOTE]

Says the yes boy

[/QUOTE]

Pauly,i thought you said you were done with this forum,posters here were too stupid for someone with your astute hockey knowledge.What are you doing back here?You said something about staying at HBD boards or whatever its called.They ban you from there or something?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Crap Sniper.

[/QUOTE]

Says the yes boy

[/QUOTE]

Pauly,i thought you said you were done with this forum,posters here were too stupid for someone with your astute hockey knowledge.What are you doing back here?You said something about staying at HBD boards or whatever its called.They ban you from there or something?

[/QUOTE]

This is just my post Olympic stop by. After reading on here how the usa hockey team is going to steam roll canada  I just couldn't resist sticking by for a laugh.  Bottom right hand corner has a little option called ignore it's there for anybody that wants to use it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Crap Sniper.

[/QUOTE]

Says the yes boy

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is just my post Olympic stop by. After reading on here how the usa hockey team is going to steam roll canada  I just couldn't resist sticking by for a laugh.  Bottom right hand corner has a little option called ignore it's there for anybody that wants to use it.

[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for stopping by with your awesome hockey insight. We are all smarter for it.

You could also take your own advice regarding that little option in the right corner, that way if someone makes fun of you, you won't have to hold a grudge for two plus years....Nah, just leave. Loser.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

This is just my post Olympic stop by. After reading on here how the usa hockey team is going to steam roll canada  I just couldn't resist sticking by for a laugh. 

[/QUOTE]

Says the guy who stated "why bother even playing the WJC if NHL players are on strike - just give it to Canada"

And then you never came back to own it.  

Have fun at HF.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is just my post Olympic stop by. After reading on here how the usa hockey team is going to steam roll canada  I just couldn't resist sticking by for a laugh. 

[/QUOTE]

Says the guy who stated "why bother even playing the WJC if NHL players are on strike - just give it to Canada"

Have fun at HF.

[/QUOTE]

I also said more than once that on Paper Canada is the best team, but in a short tourny and a one game elimination that just about any team could win. Why do u keep bringing that up and only tell the part of the story u like? It starts to look a little self serving "and unbelievable". 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone want to ignore you.  Since backup-goaler has left us, you're about all we have for comic relief.  I personally wish you'd post more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have fun at HF.

[/QUOTE]

I also said more than once that on Paper Canada is the best team, but in a short tourny and a one game elimination that just about any team could win. Why do u keep bringing that up and only tell the part of the story u like? It starts to look a little self serving "and unbelievable". 

[/QUOTE]

Yip canada was best on paper even without stamkos. Pauly u used to post here regularly if I remember how come you don't post here anymore

[/QUOTE]

Actually Marco we where talking about world juniors. But the same reasoning apply's to the Olympics so i can see how u where thinking Olympics. As far as not posting here much anymore.....Good ole boys club, follow the leader, not accepting new posters simply because there new, tunnel vision, so many comments are made on here just to fit in its laughable. Myself i prefer a site that has fans from across the world contributing that way u can say what's on your mind without offending someone so easily as on here. I'm Canadian and we are the hockey SUPER POWER and i like to bring that up once in awhile and that doesn't fly here.