Tell me this all a joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Tell me this all a joke

In Response to Re: Tell me this all a joke:
    [QUOTE]6 of 8 pts. on the road is great. Blowing leads of 3-1, 4-2, and especially 6-5 after clawing your way back from 5-4 is inexcusable, and indicative of a team w/a lot of problems. Both those above statements are true. It's also true that it doesn't mean you're a troll just b/c you think this Bruins team is ripe for another first or 2nd round playoff exit. I'm in that camp and I aint no troll. It's also true that I'm willing to wait and see if 1) PC can work some trade magic b4 the deadline to upgrade this team and plug some holes, which WOULD improve their chances in the playoffs, and 2) see if CJ will see the light or maybe reveal his "master plan" on what to do with a very good player like Seguin who CAN help this club be better if he'd just stop pampering him and give him more ice time. I'd like to see less "you're either with us or against us" mentality on these boards (from BOTH sides) and a consensus that Bruins team is good, but is also seriously flawed, and realistically speaking, not going to bring that coveted Stanley Cup to Govt. Ctr. if they go into the playoffs as presently constructed.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    C'mon TTBI!The team was 17-0 after getting a 2 goal lead before last night.Let's not act like them blowing leads is a common occurrence.Lots of negatives from last night's game  but I'm not going to call them out for no longer being perfect(17-1).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not really. For the most part this is a good team with a few correctable warts. Recchi should play 4th line, less minutes, still available for PP, do not use on PK. Someone must be able to convince Horton that he can play a full game:: something wrong between coach and player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]6 of 8 pts. on the road is great. Blowing leads of 3-1, 4-2, and especially 6-5 after clawing your way back from 5-4 is inexcusable, and indicative of a team w/a lot of problems. Both those above statements are true. It's also true that it doesn't mean you're a troll just b/c you think this Bruins team is ripe for another first or 2nd round playoff exit. I'm in that camp and I aint no troll. It's also true that I'm willing to wait and see if 1) PC can work some trade magic b4 the deadline to upgrade this team and plug some holes, which WOULD improve their chances in the playoffs, and 2) see if CJ will see the light or maybe reveal his "master plan" on what to do with a very good player like Seguin who CAN help this club be better if he'd just stop pampering him and give him more ice time. I'd like to see less "you're either with us or against us" mentality on these boards (from BOTH sides) and a consensus that Bruins team is good, but is also seriously flawed, and realistically speaking, not going to bring that coveted Stanley Cup to Govt. Ctr. if they go into the playoffs as presently constructed.

At this time I will be surprised if they make it out of the first round.  We started the season with 2 good goalies, now we have one that is tired out and one that knows his coach does not trust him.  I just don't understand how you can pull a goalie who hasn't played in almost a month because he is rusty.  With brilliant coaching moves like that we are most surely doomed.  The funniest thing is many of us fans saw this comming and our coach did not.  People did not like it when I said Julien was a bad coach with a good system but it is true.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me this all a joke : At this time I will be surprised if they make it out of the first round.  We started the season with 2 good goalies, now we have one that is tired out and one that knows his coach does not trust him.  I just don't understand how you can pull a goalie who hasn't played in almost a month because he is rusty.  With brilliant coaching moves like that we are most surely doomed.  The funniest thing is many of us fans saw this comming and our coach did not.  People did not like it when I said Julien was a bad coach with a good system but it is true.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

I was as furious as you were that he pulled Rask--and clearly, bringing in a tired TT who never expected to play didn't help any. Rask was rusty because CJ never plays him...his confidence obviously needs a boost too and the LAST thing you want to do to a kid like that is pull him when they're still leading the game!

It was awful--I agree--and as I've said ad nauseum CJ also needs to let Seguin show what he can do MUCH more...BUT all that said--there's still time. If they make the playoffs and PC brings in a piece or 2 (no easy feat I admit) to address some issues this team can certainly get outta round 1 and maybe even round 2.

I do know they're going nowhere past round 2 if they go in as they are now...too many other teams that are better (look how much better Tampa just got by picking up Roloson and solving THEIR biggest problem), and a tired #1 goalie make for a bad combo come playoff time.

Still, it's not fair to write them off just yet. They did just pick up 6 of 8 on the road and if they beat Tor. tmw nite you have to call it a successful road trip...other positives: Gotta love what you've seen of Kampfer....Seguin (if he's gets time), and even the guy I can't stand the most--Paille--has been playing better as of late.

Still a ways to go....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me this all a joke : C'mon TTBI!The team was 17-0 after getting a 2 goal lead before last night.Let's not act like them blowing leads is a common occurrence.Lots of negatives from last night's game  but I'm not going to call them out for no longer being perfect(17-1).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I was just giving an example, Dez, of how they're not a Cup-caliber team. You're right that 17-1 w/leads is nothing to sneeze at. Check my other response below to see w3hat my main point still is--it's not so much that the Bruins are BAD (they're not), but I fear too many other teams they'd have to get thru are better,

(Tell me you're not concerned about Tampa picking up Roloson! That was their biggest weakness and they just solved it!)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me this all a joke : I was just giving an example, Dez, of how they're not a Cup-caliber team. You're right that 17-1 w/leads is nothing to sneeze at. Check my other response below to see w3hat my main point still is--it's not so much that the Bruins are BAD (they're not), but I fear too many other teams they'd have to get thru are better, (Tell me you're not concerned about Tampa picking up Roloson! That was their biggest weakness and they just solved it!)
    Admittedly it's becoming increasingly difficult to debate you're saying.The Bruins shortcomings are becoming more and more noticeable.Although I often supported him,my patience with CJ is wearing thin.From Seguin to Rask,his handling of players is getting old.As far as TBAY goes we can only hope Roloson plays like  he did for NYI.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me this all a joke : THAT we can agree on, dez :)  CJ is not handling the players well.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    I admit it's difficult for me to come up with positives for us to agree on.Even Bergeron,our  top defensive forward,made a crucial misplay in the last minute.First in the division,ahead of the Habs,is all I've got right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me this all a joke : I admit it's difficult for me to come up with positives for us to agree on.Even Bergeron,our  top defensive forward,made a crucial misplay in the last minute.First in the division,ahead of the Habs,is all I've got right now.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Oy. That Bergeron misplay was the most painful of all, b/c he's always been one of my favorite Bruins and I hate seeing him screw up, but boy, did he ever. If he had attacked that puck instead of trying to chip and finesse it out of the zone they would have won. Painful.

But yes, it's always nice to be ahead of the Habs.
    Let's hope for a solid win tmw. in Leaf-Land (no given). Let's see if CJ shows some humility and starts Rask.

If they win that one they come home with an indisputable A minus of a road trip--8 out of 10 possible points-- and I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and let myself think great things are ahead.*

*NY Resolution to try and be more positive about the B's. ;-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me this all a joke : Oy. That Bergeron misplay was the most painful of all, b/c he's always been one of my favorite Bruins and I hate seeing him screw up, but boy, did he ever. If he had attacked that puck instead of trying to chip and finesse it out of the zone they would have won. Painful. But yes, it's always nice to be ahead of the Habs. Let's hope for a solid win tmw. in Leaf-Land (no given). Let's see if CJ shows some humility and starts Rask. If they win that one they come home with an indisputable A minus of a road trip--8 out of 10 possible points-- and I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and let myself think great things are ahead.* *NY Resolution to try and be more positive about the B's. ;-)
    And I'll try to be more open-minded regarding thier shortcomings.HNY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think this team is a joke and I wouldn't mind seeing Julien crack a smile every once in awhile. What worries me the most is how the Bruins would perform against an upper echelon teams in a 7 games series. Boston needs a few tweaks in the player personnel area then I will feel more comfortable.

PS. 8 out 10 points on the road is damn good is correct!