Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,

I couldn't believe he took such a stupid, lazy, dumb penalty, with 2 minutes to go, in the offensive zone. I was beside myself. I wanted his scalp. 

It worked out, but man this team took so many dum penalties, that I could have thrown a fit. 

I hope we clean this up for the next round.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,

Hopefully but the Flyers dont skate on MTL's level so there should be less penalties. Not to mention the MTL Ghost calls, the flyers are all alot like the Bruins there reputation preceedes them and they tend to get alot of calls made on them.

What was the Bergy penalty I cant even remember it, but the image of Subban hammering that puck in from 75ft is burnt into my brain the horrah!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,:
    [QUOTE]I couldn't believe he took such a stupid, lazy, dumb penalty, with 2 minutes to go, in the offensive zone. I was beside myself. I wanted his scalp.  It worked out, but man this team took so many dum penalties, that I could have thrown a fit.  I hope we clean this up for the next round.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    No I didn't think that at all since it was neither lazy,nor deserving of a call.When the play happenned I looked at my brother and said "I bet anything that stick never touched him".Nice job starting a thread to trash Boston's best player in round 1.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Best player! You have to be kidding me!

With 2 minutes lleft, you don't even look like you are taking a penalty, and what does he do, he takes a LAZY penalty. He took one other one that cost them in game 4 or 5, and generally he played well, but that was a stupid penalty. Plain and simple.\

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

they only showed the replay once, and it didn't look like the stick touched him.  Anyone have a link to it?

I'm not sure about the details of the rule, but does it need to make contact to be high-sticking?

that happens all the time when you try to lift a stick like PB did. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Stupid penalty and way too aggressive on the forecheck given that Montreal had help and a turnover would have just killed a few extra seconds.

Every player makes mistakes.

If the Bruins got rid of all the players that Bruins "fans" have said are awful on this board, there'd be no team left besides the "punk" Marchand.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,:
    [QUOTE]lazy call, the stick never touched him! it was another fine acting job!!  someone please roll the video
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

Thats right, that just blurred in with all the other MTL dives last night to me I couldnt remember which one it was.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Bergy was far from being LAZY as many of you think. He was busting his rump applying pressure and just got Careless, not lazy though. I did think it was a stupid penalty though. Just dont give the refs any reason to make a call at that point in the game....I can gaurantee Bergy was praying the B's would bail him out after giving up that penalty. Basically that third goal was because of his stupid penalty, but he knew it. But yes I was thinking, here we go again....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am a huge Bergeron fan, but his stick shouldn't have been any where near the players face espcially in the Montreal zone when Bergeron was behind him.  The miss play by Bergeron in game six was also not very intelligent when he tried to shoot the puck off of the glass already down one player.  Both those misplays cost the Bs.  I thought the referees called what they saw, I think they missed a lot of calls.  I am a bit of a homer so I tend to think Montreal did get away with more infractions.  

That said Bergeron, Thomas and Chara were the three best and most consistent players of the Bs.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRgN0NYq1cY

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,:
    [QUOTE]lazy call, the stick never touched him! it was another fine acting job!!  someone please roll the video
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

Indeed. What happened was this: While concentrating to make a play, Wizniewski felt Bergeron's stick zoom past his face, and immediately with no hesitation snapped his head back. This shows that Wizniewski is the smartest, quickest thinking player in the game, and perhaps the smartest, fastest-reacting person in the world. Therefore, it's no surprise that not only was the referee fooled into thinking it was a penalty, so was Patrice Bergeron, who didn't protest or argue as he went to the box.

It's so impressive how immediate Wizniewski's reaction was, given that he was concentrating with battling Bergeron and had no idea that Patrice's stick would become airborne. Unless, that is, Wisniewski intentionally put himself in the position to get Bergeron's stick airborne, allowing himself to make that lightning-fast reaction and be even more convincing. Perhaps this Wisniewski guy is even more cunning....more crafty....dare I say more diabolical than I first feared.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

kennedy...you have yet to state any stance on the canadiens ability to "draw" penalties. you dance around it, then come up with a sarcastic(?) take on the bergeron high stick. i don't care if people think your a "classy habs fan", the hockey team you root for is far from it. and you avoid the topic, ashamed? are you "proud" of the habs, and their ability "draw" penalties. sickening

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]kennedy...you have yet to state any stance on the canadiens ability to "draw" penalties. you dance around it, then come up with a sarcastic(?) take on the bergeron high stick. i don't care if people think your a "classy habs fan", the hockey team you root for is far from it. and you avoid the topic, ashamed? are you "proud" of the habs, and their ability "draw" penalties. sickening
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Avoid the topic? Are you high? I've said my piece on it about a dozen times. So here goes #13, just for you, ADK. Please clip and save, or bookmark, or whatever so I don't have to do it a 14th time:

No, I'm not proud of diving. I think it's ridiculous, and I think it happens too much from the Canadiens, especially from PK Subban, who is too damn talented to pull that stunt (unlike Lapierre, the worst diver since Ribero....he pulls it because he's not talented enough to exist in the league without it).

But I also think it's ridiculous when clueless fans of other teams think EVERY call made against their club is the result of a "dive", especially when there is overwhelming evidence to anyone who is not a complete homer that a legit penalty is being assessed.   Sound at all familiar?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

ANYONE who thinks that was anything other than a dive and a blown call is a troll.  PERIOD!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Yeah but. The stick never hit him, I mean something flashes infront of your face like that you snap your head back.

Kennedy its not like he didnt embelish, he did the stick never hit him. But IMO by the nature of the rule thats still a highstick your not suppose to let your stick get away from you like that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]ANYONE who thinks that was anything other than a dive and a blown call is a troll.  PERIOD!
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

So in other words, you believe that James Wisniewski is the smartest guy in the world. Good on ya!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

What I hate is they called Bergeron for a high stick but the same play on Peverley in the game right in the middle of the habs zone ...was not called ??????????  Why

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I am not saying it wasn't a dive. It was, but with 2 minutes left, and the habs scoring at will on the power play, you CANNOT give the refs a chance to blow the whistle. For a guy that many think will be the Captain one day, you have to use better judgement.

Plus we have seen this movie too many times before. And low and behold, they did score.  Thank god for TT doing what he does, or the habs win that game. And we are all pointing a finger at Patrice, and CJ. 

It was a DUMB penalty. Period. He wasn't alone on the dumb penalty parade, but with 2 minbutes left in game 7, and you have a lead... Come on. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

kennedy...you wonder why "clueless fans" think this way, i don't. ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?  credibility is lost. i will say that SOME blame lies with the officiating crews, they have a penalty on the books that is meant to deter diving, but they DON'T CALL IT. this needs to be a point of emphasis in the summer meetings.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Best player! You have to be kidding me! With 2 minutes lleft, you don't even look like you are taking a penalty, and what does he do, he takes a LAZY penalty. He took one other one that cost them in game 4 or 5, and generally he played well, but that was a stupid penalty. Plain and simple.\
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    Who exactly was Boston's best player then?Bergeron had 7 points(which leads the NHL in the playoffs for even strength scoring) and was plus 5,all the while,playing solid defensively and winning 62% of his face offs.I suppose you're upset that he knocked Price over(by skating by him) in game 6 to get a penalty?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]kennedy...you wonder why "clueless fans" think this way, i don't. ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?  credibility is lost. i will say that SOME blame lies with the officiating crews, they have a penalty on the books that is meant to deter diving, but they DON'T CALL IT. this needs to be a point of emphasis in the summer meetings.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you are arguing with Kennedy, there is no point to it.

Either:

1. he really is a Habs fan and is just enough of a loser to post on on another teams forum over 100 times or;

2. he is pretending to be a Habs fan which is just as pathetic.

Either way, just ignor the putz....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty, : Not sure why you are arguing with Kennedy, there is no point to it. Either: 1. he really is a Habs fan and is just enough of a loser to post on on another teams forum over 100 times or; 2. he is pretending to be a Habs fan which is just as pathetic. Either way, just ignor the putz....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Almost 1000 times, in fact. Every one of them of higher quality than your post above. Wink