Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from broph18. Show broph18's posts

Re: Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,

I don't believe Bergeron's stick ever touched him.  Patrice is anything but lazy.  Here is a little take on the Canadiens embellishments you may all enjoy.

http://thebostonsportslist.com/2011/04/28/hamrlik-dive-cost-the-candiens-the-series/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,:
    [QUOTE]I couldn't believe he took such a stupid, lazy, dumb penalty, with 2 minutes to go, in the offensive zone. I was beside myself. I wanted his scalp.  It worked out, but man this team took so many dum penalties, that I could have thrown a fit.  I hope we clean this up for the next round.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

No excuses ...but look at the replay and you'll clearly see that his stick did not make contact with Wizneiwski's head !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I just wondered what advantage he was gaining by forechecking from behind in back of the net.Too risky.I think Bergeron admitted there's no way you can take a penalty in that situation. I'm sure the Bs felt they had to be extra careful with the whistle-happy refs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,:
    [QUOTE]I just wondered what advantage he was gaining by forechecking from behind in back of the net.Too risky.I think Bergeron admitted there's no way you can take a penalty in that situation. I'm sure the Bs felt they had to be extra careful with the whistle-happy refs.
    Posted by JohnTAlouette[/QUOTE]
    How many times did Bergeron and Marchand pickpocket a puck carrier(from the exact same position)throughout the series?too many to count.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

You have to wonder if Bergeron has a hockey brain??
    He was the goat in game six and if Sidenberg kicks that puck in his own
    net then Bergeron is the most hated Bruin player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

lol Felger just called Wiz a "Weasel and a Liar"

Pushing it alil imo!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Wiz didn't react fast eiher. Watch the replay. His head doesn't move while Bergy's sticks flies in front of it. He doesn't react until the stick is away from his face.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty,:
    [QUOTE]Best player! You have to be kidding me! With 2 minutes lleft, you don't even look like you are taking a penalty, and what does he do, he takes a LAZY penalty. He took one other one that cost them in game 4 or 5, and generally he played well, but that was a stupid penalty. Plain and simple.\
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Take a breath and then your meds Perry.  You couldn't be more wrong in characterizing a phantom call against anybody as being "lazy", let alone attempting to associate Bergeron with the word lazy.  Bergy was one of B's top 3 players vs. Montreal.  Read what Dezarouch and others have written here - you're out to lunch on this one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I was more concerned about the guys' mindset after that one.  That play doing a number on me wasn't going to lose the game after all...  I'd rather they not go to OT again but those wins are nice "confidence-builders."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgauthier1975. Show mgauthier1975's posts

People who criticize Bergeron for being "lazy" clearly don't know hockey. The guy is our best, most consistent two-way player year-round. Just think what he could do with more offensive power on his wings (even though I love MArchand and respect Rechi immensely).

Was it a great penalty? No. Should he have been more careful? Yes. Was it a borderline at best call considering what they were letting them get away with otherwise? Yes.

There were lots of guys to criticize in that series, Bergy was not one of them. It would've been a shame if that had cost them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

They must have shown that high stick in slo mo at least a couple of times on CBC. The stick appears to clip the shield. It's a legit penalty. Thankfully, it never cost the Bruins the series.

Bergy should have known better, but he was trying to lift the guys stick to get the puck and missed. Fatigue probably played a role as well.

And yes......I said "oh no".......and few other words.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

It was on par almost to 1979 game seven too many men on the ice!!
    Only diference was B's scored in OT
    Stupid play, his stick shgould be no where the guys face at that point in the game. i wonder if Bergeron knows anything?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I'll call Bergeron's stick position careless.

That said, this was a bs call with under 3 minutes to go 1-goal Game 7.  Does the referee actually see contact with Bergeron's stick on Wisniewski's head/face or does hand go up because he sees Bergeron's stick in the vicinity of Wisniewski's head/face and sees his reaction?  You need to see the contact to call the penalty, I'm not sure the ref saw that but called it anyway. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

[QUOTE]I don't believe Bergeron's stick ever touched him.  Patrice is anything but lazy.  Here is a little take on the Canadiens embellishments you may all enjoy. http://thebostonsportslist.com/2011/04/28/hamrlik-dive-cost-the-candiens-the-series/
    Posted by broph18[/QUOTE]

Please go to the 1:11 mark of the video. The Bruin stick spears the Hammer square in the throat with enough energy to spin him 180 degrees. No dive, and the play should have been whistled for a high sticking call. Therefore no go ahead goal and a PP for the Habs`
    Boston media, NESN, calls Dive, Dive Dive like it was a Second World War submarine movie.
    CBC, Don Cherry, showed the spear from a different ,more obvious angle and called it a spear, as it should have been called.
    This Bruin team are masters of the cheap shot. They take it to a whole new level.
    Good luck with the Flyers. They`re not as polite as the Habs!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

Bergeron was by far the Bruins best overall player.  He came to play every night.  He took a few big penalties but I'd have to say the rest of the way he played made up for it.  I also agree that the stick never even touched him.  As soon as i saw the replay, you could see the stick graze by his visor as he wipped his head back in yet another attempt to draw a cheap penalty.  Luckly the Bruins overcame the powerplay goal and won it in OT.  I'd still have to say Bergy was the best.  Him and Kelly really stepped it up.  Kelly for a the second round pick isn't looking to bad anymore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty, : Not sure why you are arguing with Kennedy, there is no point to it. Either: 1. he really is a Habs fan and is just enough of a loser to post on on another teams forum over 100 times or; 2. he is pretending to be a Habs fan which is just as pathetic. Either way, just ignor the putz....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

You got this one wrong .  He's a very sensible poster. 
    I looked at the replay and while i didn't touch his face it surely got his visor. It was a penalty. 
    What upsets me is the inconsistence of the calls. Peverly 10mins before got a similar high stick and they didn't call it.
    Calling Bergeron lazy ....uhmm... don't think so. He battles and at times it gets the best fo you.
    He wasn't that lazy in the faceoff circle , was he ??
    Without Bergy the Bruins don't win this series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeg4. Show jeg4's posts

I felt bad for Bergeron.  I though the B's best player had a Buckner moment.  I'm glad they pulled out the win to get him off the hook.

I know Bergy always plays hard, and thats what we all like about him, but he has to be smarter in that situation, even if it was a phantom high stick.  Penalties in the offensive zone are almost always unacceptable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me you didn't go "oh no", when Bergeron took that lazy penalty, : You got this one wrong .  He's a very sensible poster.  I looked at the replay and while i didn't touch his face it surely got his visor. It was a penalty.  What upsets me is the inconsistence of the calls. Peverly 10mins before got a similar high stick and they didn't call it. Calling Bergeron lazy ....uhmm... don't think so. He battles and at times it gets the best fo you. He wasn't that lazy in the faceoff circle , was he ?? Without Bergy the Bruins don't win this series.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Agree with this, Kennedy is a Habs fan and his perspective is always welcome from my point-of-view.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

dont worry Bergy will make that call up against the Flyers with some of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5BYz8SUnmI&feature=related

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I was not happy either but Bergeron has been so good for the Bs during the series vs the Habs.  He was the first one down about it.  I am just happy that i that the boys got the win in the end and repaired his mistake!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]I'll call Bergeron's stick position careless. That said, this was a bs call with under 3 minutes to go 1-goal Game 7.  Does the referee actually see contact with Bergeron's stick on Wisniewski's head/face or does hand go up because he sees Bergeron's stick in the vicinity of Wisniewski's head/face and sees his reaction?  You need to see the contact to call the penalty, I'm not sure the ref saw that but called it anyway. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

With new rules against embelishment to falsely influence the referees, Wisneiwski would not have  slung his head back like he had been hit by a baseball bat because he'd be risking a 5 minute major penalty. 

The game's integrity would be restored and the best team on the ice would have a better chance of winning the game/series than the team with the best actors !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

no i just threw my cell phone. thats all just a minor tantrum.