tempest in toronto

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: tempest in toronto

In response to marco0863's comment:

Violent storm has hit Toronto and their fans in light of that want it to take away Carlysle, phaneuf Clarkson, Riemer and even Bernier.  The team has crumbled  and they're not making the playoffs. They seemed  in for most of the season but now looks like same ole story. Toronto fans bashing Phaneuf relentlessly along with  carlysle and clarkson. Kess deserves knocking too I would have expected him to be a little more of a leader at this point of the season.  I have not checked his points last few games and he will finish with great numbers at the end of the season but I felt he should have put out more.  Come on its playoff stretch turn on the machine instead they folded , choked.  Better change this quickly . Anyhow kessel can't escape the knocking on this one. 

U hear that Bhab... take it from a narrow minded stubborn hockey fan. 

After surprisingly taking two of three out in California earlier this month they looked to be in pretty good shape. It's like they've bookended the Game 7 cave-in with this 8-game crash. Should be interesting to see what course of action, if any team pres Leiweke does should they officially be hoofed.     

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Turns out James Reimers agent was right after all.

....And so was BadHab

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If the season were 48 games long the Lerfs might have had a chance,oh well,what could have been,things are back to normal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Credit the shootout for keeping them barely in it and poised to drop officially.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Even if they win out, becuase the other teams have games in hand they would still need help. It could be an intersting off-season in Toronto.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's funny.  You read the Star ("Leafs could blow it all up following collapse") or any of the pieces on the Laffs lately, and you'd never guess they are two points back with 6 to play - hardly impossible.  They'd lose the first tie-breaker if it happened today, but that could change over the next few games, too.  Is it because they're the Laffs that everyone assumes they're moving the team to Manila?  I mean, I'm hoping for it...

They have a very reasonable schedule coming home.  Calgary, Winnipeg, Ottawa, and Florida.  They get the Bruins in Toronto (I'm really hoping that the Bruins crush their hopes), and they go to Tampa Bay.  Detroit also has Boston and the Tampans, but their two games in hand are St. Louis and Pittsburgh (2 against Buffalo, Carolina and the Shabs to complete the sched.).  CBJ are maybe the most vulnerable, though, with the Avs, Flyers, Hawks and Tampans, plus two teams desperate for a playoff push in Dallas and Phoenix, and only the Isles and Panthers as soft touches.

If I'm Carlyle, I'm watching the 'jackets as the most likely target. 

I almost forgot the Capitals - they have a decent schedule, but they lose every tiebreaker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Two franchises that the B's have destroyed. Epic post season losses revealed lack of character and leadership. Bad foundations will cause structures to crumble - Vancouver and now Toronto. There are some on that Toronto roster though, that I would love to have in case of a fire sale -

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Violent storm has hit Toronto and their fans in light of that want it to take away Carlysle, phaneuf Clarkson, Riemer and even Bernier.  The team has crumbled  and they're not making the playoffs. They seemed  in for most of the season but now looks like same ole story. Toronto fans bashing Phaneuf relentlessly along with  carlysle and clarkson. Kess deserves knocking too I would have expected him to be a little more of a leader at this point of the season.  I have not checked his points last few games and he will finish with great numbers at the end of the season but I felt he should have put out more.  Come on its playoff stretch turn on the machine instead they folded , choked.  Better change this quickly . Anyhow kessel can't escape the knocking on this one. 

U hear that Bhab... take it from a narrow minded stubborn hockey fan. 

[/QUOTE]

Who hacked Marco's account?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Many of my freinds here are leafs fans and i remember all to well how they were bragging up that west coast trip and that ( was it 7 ?) game win streak, it seemed to me they were gonna be a real threat also, but i have been watching there games of late and phaneuf has been awful, its like jes playing to get out of toronto, one player doesnt make a team that bad, theres a few there that are simply just not playing with a will to win. Unless something has happened behind closed doors and this team wants Carlysle out, you wont see him gone imo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

The Ballard curse continues........it's the only explanation. This team has tried changing just about everything and still they continue to live in mediocrisy. We as Bruins fans have had our share of depressing times, but the Leafs have just been abysmal for how long now? Glad to be a Bruins fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

They were never as good as their record indicated. They've always had a negative goal differential and the second worst possession stats in the league. Beneficiary of good luck and the shootout

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Possible trade in June  : Pete Chiarelli + Adam McQuaid for Phil and Phaneuf

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

?????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

?????

[/QUOTE]

Never heard of a trade involving a coach or a GM ....NYR did it back in the 80's ...for Michel Bergeron ....the Leafs need a GM ...I would take Phil back and put him on the 3rd line with Soderberg and Erickson and move Kelly to the 4th line with Campbell and Paille ....Phaneuf would be a good addition playing within his limits with the BRUINS ...so go ahead Mr Neely bring back Phil and get Phaneuf for PC and McQuaid ...you already know who to call to replace PC.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

For all the goals Kessel has scored, and for all the money Dion is making, this team has no leadership. 

Contrary to what Brian Burke thinks, you need high end talent, and there is a serious lack of it on the TMLs. I could go on, but why?

I have so many friends who are die hard Leaf fans, and it's tough to talk hockey sometimes, because they so want to believe and I see a very porous team. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Kessel would also be a great addition for the S/O during regular season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Does that GM candidate understand what it means to be some $15million over the Salary Cap?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does that GM candidate understand what it means to be some $15million over the Salary Cap?

[/QUOTE]

Would renegotiate their salaries ...Phil would be thrilled to come back with a team like the BRUINS ....40% less on his salary.....Phaneuf as well ...next year we lose ST ....we trade another regular D for a draft pick (we got too many D's when Seid and McQuaid come back) I wouldnt mind trading Seid for a 1st round pick in the 2014 draft To the Oilers...so no more problems with the salary cap

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would renegotiate their salaries ...Phil would be thrilled to come back with a team like the BRUINS ....40% less on his salary.....Phaneuf as well ...next year we lose ST ....we trade another regular D for a draft pick (we got too many D's when Seid and McQuaid come back) I wouldnt mind trading Seid for a 1st round pick in the 2014 draft To the Oilers...so no more problems with the salary cap

[/QUOTE]

Lol. The next gm should read the cba. This isn't the nfl

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

?????

[/QUOTE]

Never heard of a trade involving a coach or a GM ....NYR did it back in the 80's ...for Michel Bergeron ....the Leafs need a GM ...I would take Phil back and put him on the 3rd line with Soderberg and Erickson and move Kelly to the 4th line with Campbell and Paille ....Phaneuf would be a good addition playing within his limits with the BRUINS ...so go ahead Mr Neely bring back Phil and get Phaneuf for PC and McQuaid ...you already know who to call to replace PC.....

[/QUOTE]

Dbl face palm right now 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I'm pretty sure there was a thread near the start of the season with lots of people assuring everybody Toronto was for real this season (after their good start). What happened?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Oh man, the comment section on Tsn after the Leafs lose their 8th in a row is a hilarious place to be. I did find this too from a poor soul in Leafs nation:

1 hour ago

Leafs need to pull a page from chiarella and the bruins. Turn your diva 'superstars' into multiple hockey assets. Team players only! Kessel and Seguin traded. Turned that into six great players and prospects at half the price. Oilers could take a page out of that book too. As a fan of the bruins and oilers I have see both sides. I feel for you leafs fans. Man, phaneuf is overpaid.

Good to be a B's fan!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts