Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-08-20/miroslav-satan-decides-to-stick-with-slovakian-khl-team

Darn he was the missing link!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team

Speachless...first Alexandrov and now this??  When will the KHL stop dismantling the B's?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I don't understand the continued mockery of posters who would like to see him in Boston again. He wouldn't be a bad guy to have imo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He looked good on a team that couldn't buy a goal for some odd reason.  For many reasons, really.  On the current squad, he'd be a squid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team:
    I don't understand the continued mockery of posters who would like to see him in Boston again. He wouldn't be a bad guy to have imo.
    Posted by Bisson1

Do you think he's gotten younger or better?

Maybe you'd like to see Slava Fetisov on the blue line?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team:
    In Response to Re: Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team : Do you think he's gotten younger or better? Maybe you'd like to see Slava Fetisov on the blue line?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Nope, but he'd be a better depth signing than Hanson/Borque Imo.

Not that  I expect we will ever see Hanson in Boston though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team : Nope, but he'd be a better depth signing than Hanson/Borque Imo. Not that  I expect we will ever see Hanson in Boston though.
    Posted by Bisson1

Three years ago, at the age of 35, Satan had 9 goals and 5 assists in 38 regular season games.  The B's got him for free.  He hadn't been playing because NO ONE WANTED HIM.  He had spent part of the previous season in the AHL.

Fast forward to the present.  Undoubtedly, his skills have declined further.  Why would he be a benefit to this B's team?

(please don't cite playoff numbers from three years ago)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm still not over the loss of Mats Naslund.

He was just about to turn the corner when it came to his career as a Bruin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Where did Kyle McLaren go? We should kick the tires on him again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

At least Satan has been playing pro hockey.  McLaren hasn't played in a pro league since '08-'09.  Maybe he just needed a rest?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

He'll be rejuvenated just like TT will be in 2013! Even better to hear he's rested up. Probably doubled up his tread life!

While we're at it lets grab Axelson and Samsonov. Get the band back together! I heard Jumbo Joe was going to be available too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I'm not mocking anyone really.  I just think that Satan was a very marginal NHL player a few years ago, who filled a very specific void for the Bruins, for a very short time.  His finest goal also happened to be a downward turning point for the Bruins, as David Krejci lay slumped behind the play holding his wrist.

I can't imagine Satan bringing any value now, and he wouldn't be taking Hanson or Bourque's spot, he would be taking Caron or Spooner's.  Yet, every time there is a FA discussion somebody calls for Satan.  That's why there is a sarcastic response, I think.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team : If  But I would probably rather have Satan for this year.  I want a weapon for the third line.  Someone who knows what they're doing in the offensive zone.  Has natural goal scoring skill.  Posted by mattc355

At age 38. 3 years after the rest of the NHL, including the Bruins, gave up on him.

Maybe that Sanderson guy is still available.  He had goal-scoring skill.

Maybe he's in play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They could kick the tires on Randy Wood.  He was a fast skater.  He could really help the powerplay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I say we take a flier on that Neely guy. I hear he's making a comeback. He used to beat people up and still score 50 goals a season. Definitely had a nose for the net.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I say we take a flier on that Neely guy. I hear he's making a comeback. He used to beat people up and still score 50 goals a season. Definitely had a nose for the net.
    Posted by lambda13

Ray Bourque seems like the obvious choice to quarterback the PP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team : Ray Bourque seems like the obvious choice to quarterback the PP.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Not with Greg Hawgood available.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Oates is still in the NHL, let's give him a tryout, he should be able to setup Neely like in the '90s. The two of them are worth holding out on. Imagine a line of Neely-Oates-Seguin? That would be good, scary good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Done to death by slanderous tongues, was the Miro that here lies: Death, in guerdon of his wrongs, gives him fame which never dies. So the life that died with shame lives in death with glorious fame.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Forget Miro.  For third line help, see if this guy is available.  You know Fred Cusick would approve!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Forget Miro.  For third line help, see if this guy is available.  You know Fred Cusick would approve!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

haha, how long was the stick that Reid used?

Fred loved Bob Sweeney as well. Man, do i miss Fred Cusick. How good did we have it growing up to watching games on TV, them playing in the old garden, Fred as the announcer and the rivalries/style of play. Almost makes me wish they would replay that B's/Nordiques Tugnutt game on NESN for the 300th time. And I'd still watch some of it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team : haha, how long was the stick that Reid used? Fred loved Bob Sweeney as well. Man, do i miss Fred Cusick. How good did we have it growing up to watching games on TV, them playing in the old garden, Fred as the announcer and the rivalries/style of play. Almost makes me wish they would replay that B's/Nordiques Tugnutt game on NESN for the 300th time. And I'd still watch some of it!
    Posted by kelvana33

"Bourque! Holding!,Shooting!,Scoring!, Goal Bruins!!!!".Loved that guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Terrible News: Miroslav Satan decides to stick with Slovakian KHL team : "Bourque! Holding!,Shooting!,Scoring!, Goal Bruins!!!!".Loved that guy.
    Posted by 50belowzero

I dont remember "Goal Bruins!'..I remember a lot of "He shoots! He scores! Raymond Bourque! like only he could.

Sections
Shortcuts