Thank God Paille is back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: Thank God Paille is back

well,i don't know about God,but the B's did lose 3/4 without Paille.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Not to point out the obvious but Paille has 1 goal.Thornton has 8.That's more valuable any way you slice it.

Another stats guy-- I could care less that Thornton has 8 goals-- he has played in every game vs Paille who has played in 25 games. Last time I checked Thornton scored almost all his goals with Marchand on his line--- coincidence?

Again--stats only mean so much.  Thornton is having a nice year, but his skill set does not translate into the playoffs as much as speed and PK ability-- that where Paille has more value.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Thank God Paille is back:
    [QUOTE]Not to point out the obvious but Paille has 1 goal.Thornton has 8.That's more valuable any way you slice it. Another stats guy -- I could care less that Thornton has 8 goals-- he has played in every game vs Paille who has played in 25 games. Last time I checked Thornton scored almost all his goals with Marchand on his line--- coincidence? Again--stats only mean so much.  Thornton is having a nice year, but his skill set does not translate into the playoffs as much as speed and PK ability-- that where Paille has more value.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]
    LOL.....another stats guy.So what you've so generously pointed out is that Thornton is also suffering since Paille joined his line.Let's double Pailles' output and games and he shoots all the way to 2 goals but let's not let this debate get skewed by stats.Paille  has a big heart so let's forget he doesn't score.I suggest trying a bigger font in order to make your words more meaningful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Maybe he'll bring his physical game... wait, did I just say that about Paille?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Sorry Dez, you did watch Thorn running at shadows the last 2 games trying to incite something.  He couldn`t catch anyone until tenders stopped the play. It was excruciating watching him and Rec skating.

Maybe put him on D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry Dez, you did watch Thorn running at shadows the last 2 games trying to incite something.  He couldn`t catch anyone until tenders stopped the play. It was excruciating watching him and Rec skating. Maybe put him on D.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    I'm not saying Thornton is very skillful either.I just see him as more useful than Paille.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Thank God Paille is back:[QUOTE]Maybe its not a coincidence that since Paille has been out the Bruins PK has faltered badly... 7-19 in the last 4 is not good... One thing you can say about DP he is fast and covers a lot of ice quickly, and he is a smart hockey player... ok , two things... Is there anyone faster on this team?  I don't think so..Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

I can't debate this at all Montreal scores 4 powerplay goals and as JYaso mentions a serviceable 4th liner. Never expect goals from a 4th liner I sure don't. I thought PC might have dealt him by now for just a little extra cap space to make a deal man I'm glad he didn't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank God Paille is back : I can't debate this at all Montreal scores 4 powerplay goals and as JYaso mentions a serviceable 4th liner. Never expect goals from a 4th liner I sure don't. I thought PC might have dealt him by now for just a little extra cap space to make a deal man I'm glad he didn't.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    It's been pointed out to me that Paille's only played 25 games so that's partly why he hasn't scored.I say that's why you can hardly say  Paille is the key to the PK.Never expect goals from a 4th liner?It's goals from your 3 and 4(depth lines)that often seperates the best teams come playoff time.If our 4th line is no threat to score,we may as well roll 3 and dress extra D and a 3rd goalie..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins 4th line scored a total of 19 goals in 2009 when the Bruins finished second in the league in total goals scored. I hardly noticed because of my expectations of the what a 4th line is supposed to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins 4th line scored a total of 19 goals in 2009 when the Bruins finished second in the league in total goals scored. I hardly noticed because of my expectations of the what a 4th line is supposed to do.
    And they failed to get it done at crunch time.I'll choose Caron over Paille any day of the week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The fourth line or the whole Bruins team ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The fourth line or the whole Bruins team ?
    The whole team(4th line included).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The B's are playing like manure, and it's a lot of guys underperforming v. Detroit. Paille has zero net sense, he simply can't score goals even if they are on a silver platter for him. He can forecheck sometimes and he's an effective penalty killer, but the problem is the B's need scoring to combat their woes. They have spent a majority of the year getting bailed out by Thomas and coming up with about 4 or 5 dramatic 3rd period comebacks. You can only play that type of game for so long. They have to return to boring hockey, winning games 3-2 or 2-1. They don't match up with the faster skating and more-skilled forwards of some of the better NHL teams. Don't know the answer, but now the Savard concussion syndrome has greater meaning. He was just about to break into his scoring mode of bushels of assists when he got hurt. Have to find a scorer somewhere, a team willing to let go of a sniper for draft picks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Seems like the only forwards who show up most nights are Bergeron, Lucic, Recchi, Marchand. Ryder, Horton and Wheeler have to score in consecutive games for a change and follow a 2 or 3-point night with a 2-point game instead of 5 games of zero.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Campbell has also been a consistent player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Dez-- I'm not going to argue with you-- Its an opinion-- as stated earlier in this thread, you are entitled to your opinion and so am I.  We just disagree.

And as far as your crack on font size-- I put it in bold so it is easier to decipher my reply.   If that is all you got -- to critic the way I post then you just prove my point even more.  At no time did I in any way attack you based on what you are saying.  But if you want to get childish and act like a fool, then I will just ignore your ignorance.  I used to think you were a quality poster but you are just another "my opinion is right and there is no debating it".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

I agree with Stanley here and like Paille....a good team needs a mix of players and scoring is a high priority but... Paille brings speed thats much needed in todays game... maybe he hasn't scored much but he certainly has the ability to get the play into the oppositions end and the chances are created... He has a physical side and I like his overall play... welcome back!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Doesn't Wheeler already have 40 goals?  You sure talk about him like he does...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez-- I'm not going to argue with you-- Its an opinion-- as stated earlier in this thread, you are entitled to your opinion and so am I.  We just disagree. And as far as your crack on font size-- I put it in bold so it is easier to decipher my reply.   If that is all you got -- to critic the way I post then you just prove my point even more.  At no time did I in any way attack you based on what you are saying .  But if you want to get childish and act like a fool, then I will just ignore your ignorance.  I used to think you were a quality poster but you are just another "my opinion is right and there is no debating it".
    Postd by JYaso[/QUOTE]
    What did I say that got you so upset?If commenting on your font size is such an issue then I take it back(i was just giving you the gears).If you want your reply to be easy to decipher,just hit the reply to this post option.Lastly,I thought I said more than simply making fun of your font size but apparently you didn't read anything other than that.Speaking of acting childish,what's your deal?Are you related to Paille?It seems I've struck a nerve.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Personally, I always thought he was a pretty decent two way player.

I would have no issue with him as the 4th line Center if Seguin can't make any headway down the stretch. I know he is a winger, but he can play Center.

Paille plays like a veteran and has a good head for the game.

If they add a winger, he's probably the best option for 4th line Center with Campbell moving to 3rd line C.

If not, keep him on 4th line Wing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yeah, i don't know what they would do without his one goal. and his confidence on the puck is second to none. in their much more limited time, caron and hamill have been more productive. paille should be part of any deal done-throw him in like a parting gift. he has been by far the bruins least effective player- send him on his way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I will be glad to meet you ...I will be in Boston on April 2nd for the game against the Trashers...hopefully I can set uo a meeting with Cam Neely for that date.....to discuss about my conditions and salary as next B's GM assistant

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]yeah, i don't know what they would do without his one goal. and his confidence on the puck is second to none. in their much more limited time, caron and hamill have been more productive. paille should be part of any deal done-throw him in like a parting gift. he has been by far the bruins least effective player- send him on his way.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Paille misses 4 games and the boys on here start a love-in for him.Just last week,the majority couldn't wait to see him go.Now people are saying he's a solid veteran that should dress ahead of Caron.Hamill,Thornton,etc.I don't know what gives but it makes no sense to me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What really makes no sense is that people on here measure 4th liners on how many goals they score. It simply is not what is required of a checking 4th liner that's more perplexing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

sandog...paille has looked almost as uncomfortable on the puck as seguin(who is getting better), and he's been in the league 5 or 6 years. he looked more like a rookie than the rookies. he looks like he craps himself every time the puck comes NEAR his stick. can't make a pass, can't accept a pass, can't shoot, BUT he can skate? and hit?(albeit illegal)-every rookie on the team has performed better this year than paille-much rather give the rooks pt and move paille

Sections
Shortcuts