Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL

http://www.rantsports.com/toronto-maple-leafs/2011/11/02/joe-colborne-named-ahl-player-of-the-month/

Joe Colborne's 16 points in nine games helped earn him AHL player of the month for October. (tied for league lead)

The Marlies centre notched eight goals, eight assists and posted a plus-8 rating in 9 games,  helping guide the Marlies to first place in the North Division.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL

Thats awesome. Andrew McKim used to light up the AHL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL:
    Thats awesome. Andrew McKim used to light up the AHL.
    Posted by kelvana33

Rocket Science: 5'8 175 lb centers are a bit different of a commodity than 6'5 210 centers. Either you didn't know about that, or don't think its important, which makes you either ignorant or foolish. But good for Mr. McKim.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ols, Do the Marlies have better players around him ? Better coaches ? Why didn't Joe do this in Providence ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

i don't wish him no success because we traded him.  good for him, if he was doing this for providence it would be big news on this board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Iginla for Nieuwendyk comes to mind.  Sometimes both teams win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Blake Wheeler is 6'5 too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Meh.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'd take a Cup over AHL Player of the Month any day...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL : Rocket Science: 5'8 175 lb centers are a bit different of a commodity than 6'5 210 centers. Either you didn't know about that, or don't think its important, which makes you either ignorant or foolish. But good for Mr. McKim.
    Posted by Olsonicator

Actually it's not rocket science. How many 5 foot 8 centers have torn up the AHL?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Colborne has similar stats this year to his AHL Marlies teamate Joey Crabb. Crabb got the NHL call up ahead of Colborne. Crabb won't be more than a 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=64539

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL:
    http://www.rantsports.com/toronto-maple-leafs/2011/11/02/joe-colborne-named-ahl-player-of-the-month/ Joe Colborne's 16 points in nine games helped earn him AHL player of the month for October. (tied for league lead) The Marlies centre notched eight goals, eight assists and posted a plus-8 rating in 9 games,  helping guide the Marlies to first place in the North Division.
    Posted by Olsonicator

Boychuk won the Eddie Shore award for AHL's best D-man yet he's miles from a Norris trophy. A good month in the minors doesn't have me lamenting any trades PC made. Let's see him make an NHL highlight pack for something more than turnover of the week before we start thanking saviors and proclaiming him to be as talented as Wheeler. Until then, meh, he's outscoring Zach Hamill (and not his NHL numbers of course).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow, you guys are sensitive about this one!

Hey, good for him.  We have no ill will against him.  He's just another hockey player trying to make it.  I hope he does well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Wow, you guys are sensitive about this one! Hey, good for him.  We have no ill will against him.  He's just another hockey player trying to make it.  I hope he does well.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

100% agree, not this kids fault he got traded, i'm happy for him.  Zach Hamil scores a goal and its big news, but he gets ahl player of the month and its pfffft, no big deal.  good for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Unfortunate that the Leafs had the players of the month in both the AHL and NHL. Still, it's the Leafs and until they finally win a cup, Colborne and Phil's success don't mean anything.

By the way, I wonder what the Canes think of Kaberle (speaking of Colborne).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

5'8" AHL Scoring stars?  Tons.  Martin St. Pierre.  Marty Murray.  Martin St. Louis.  That's just the Martys/Martins off the top of my head.  Right now, the leading scorer in the AHL is 5' 10", the fourth leading scorer is 5' 7".  One of the characteristics of AHL veterans tends to be that they're too small and not quite fast enough to play in the NHL, but they often have NHL skills that are apparent in the A.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I guess those points weren't produced by errant passes in the defensive zone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

I love how you all ohh and ahhh over OHL production, but don't extend any credit to the AHL.

tards

now if the 5'11 175 Zach Hamill was lighting up the AHL and leading the league.. CALL HIM UP!!! finally he's breaking out!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL : You're the 1 thanking God in regards to a Colborne trade and we're the tards? When's the last time a Gretzky, Orr, Hall, or Seguin plied their trade in the AHL? Are you saying Colborne's numbers are deserving the same respect as those being put up by Yakupov at the moment? Chudinov won D of the week in the KHL. Should I thank God we didn't trade him because he's going to b so great too? I mean the KHL is a step above the AHL? Fill this tard in would you?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Anytime,

1st there is no god in the clouds that listens to you and occasionally grants you wishes and hates homosexuals, atheists, and peoples who work on sunday. That was what's called a "figure of speech" (write that down in case you didn't know). 2nd, we're not talking about someone with the skill of the great players in the league, i never said that. What I did say is that there are plenty players who are amazing in juniors, and never make it in the NHL (like Zach Hammil), just like the AHL . Those points do not directly correlate to the NHL. Why? because a lot of guys that do well in juniors don't have the other things (size/speed) that allow that allow them to compete at an NHL level. 

Colborne clearly isn't on the level of the young stars like Seguin/RNH/Mr. Yokopov, but he does have those physical qualities that scouts know improve his chances of succes in the NHL (ie, his 6'5 210 frame). If we hadn't won the stanley cup, you better believe that we would have looked at that trade as a disaster. PC would be taking a lot of heat over giving up a blue chip asset for next to nothing (as kaberle turned out to be... a nothing). the :chara window" would be closing, same with the thomas window.

So, we gave up a heck of a lot for a guy that contributed next to nothing to the stanley cup run. Kaberle could have blown out a knee after his 1st game and nothign would have happened to the Bruins cup chances. So we look at that trade and pretend it was a win only because we won the stanley cup? Not at all, Niether Colborne or Kaberle or the 1st round pick we gave up had anything to do with why we won the cup;  therefore, it should be judged as a a seperate issue. We would have given up two of our best assets for nothing except a failed cup run. Last time I checked, no one in boston pats themselves on the back for failed runs, especially bruins fans.

The fact is, it was a terrible trade, and only the jubilation we feel from a stanley cup win is preventing us from acknowledging it a.k.a its blinding us.

and yes, youu're being a tard; a  straw-man queen and a master of logical fallacies. snap out of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I love how you all ohh and ahhh over OHL production, but don't extend any credit to the AHL. tards now if the 5'11 175 Zach Hamill was lighting up the AHL and leading the league.. CALL HIM UP!!! finally he's breaking out!
    Posted by Olsonicator

You're the 1 thanking God in regards to a Colborne trade and we're the tards? When's the last time a Gretzky, Orr, Hall, or Seguin plied their trade in the AHL? Are you saying Colborne's numbers are deserving the same respect as those being put up by Yakupov at the moment? Chudinov won D of the week in the KHL. Should I thank God we didn't trade him because he's going to b so great too? I mean the KHL is a step above the AHL? Fill this tard in would you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good for Colborne, he seems like a good kid.  That said, not sure 9 AHL games are a large enough sample for me to think he will be special.  He played 81 AHL games prior to this year with a 20-24-44 line, nothing special there.  Still only 21 and developing, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL : Anytime, 1st there is no god in the clouds that listens to you and occasionally grants you wishes and hates homosexuals, atheists, and peoples who work on sunday. That was what's called a "figure of speech" (write that down in case you didn't know). 2nd, we're not talking about someone with the skill of the great players in the league, i never said that. What I did say is that there are plenty players who are amazing in juniors, and never make it in the NHL (like Zach Hammil),  just like the AHL . Those points do not directly correlate to the NHL. Why? because a lot of guys that do well in juniors don't have the other things (size/speed) that allow that allow them to compete at an NHL level.  Colborne clearly isn't on the level of the young stars like Seguin/RNH/Mr. Yokopov, but he does have those physical qualities that scouts know  improve his chances of succes in the NHL (ie, his 6'5 210 frame). If we hadn't won the stanley cup, you better believe that we would have looked at that trade as a disaster. PC would be taking a lot of heat over giving up a blue chip asset for next to nothing (as kaberle turned out to be... a nothing). the :chara window" would be closing, same with the thomas window. So, we gave up a heck of a lot for a guy that contributed next to nothing to the stanley cup run. Kaberle could have blown out a knee after his 1st game and nothign would have happened to the Bruins cup chances. So we look at that trade and pretend it was a win only because we won the stanley cup? Not at all, Niether Colborne or Kaberle or the 1st round pick we gave up had anything to do with why we won the cup;  therefore, it should be judged as a a seperate issue. We would have given up two of our best assets for nothing except a failed cup run. Last time I checked, no one in boston pats themselves on the back for failed runs, especially bruins fans. The fact is, it was a terrible trade, and only the jubilation we feel from a stanley cup win is preventing us from acknowledging it a.k.a its blinding us. and yes, youu're being a tard; a  straw-man queen and a master of logical fallacies. snap out of it.
    Posted by Olsonicator

Wow, classy lady. So I see you're joining the ranks of those who lash out like a scorned lover at all those who disagree. I had no idea that only like-minded posters should reply to your thread. My mistake but bravo! Give yourself a pat on the back while explaining what 2 of our best assets were given up for our leading scoring D-man in the playoffs who supposedly could've blown a knee out and contributed more. How's Boston's transition game without him so far? Is it still good or have you bothered watching between marquee AHL matches? I'll wait until someone from the Leafs end of the trade records more than 1 NHL point before crying about what we gave up on the way to a Cup run. Apparently the tears flow easier from your eyes. I mean I show up to the debate with the leading D scorer for the Cup champs and you show up with the AHL player of the month along with picks 30 and 60 and I'm the illogical one? That's just like a woman to allow personal feelings to forego all reason and logic. You're clearly evolving at a faster pace than the rest of us so maybe you should worry more about your own hurt feelings and less about how I operate. You've already got enough issues to work on. Aren't you due to be punching a wall somewhere?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I do not get how you can say the leading scoring d-man on the Cup

winning team contributed nothing to winning the Cup.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Is he as soft as Blake Wheeler?  If so, he will be a 3rd liner at best in the NHL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I do not get how you can say the leading scoring d-man on the Cup winning team contributed nothing to winning the Cup.
    Posted by fishfinger

Fish, it's apparently real easy to say. The difficulty comes with backing it up.

Sections
Shortcuts