Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL

In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL : You can't recommend something that you haven't read. Run along now back to school with you whittle troll. Max Pack and PK are teaching "diving on ice but not from a board", quite sure you know all about that wearing a toilet seat and all...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Your response is not surprising
    Like all big mouths, you replace your knowledge by insults.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL : Your response is not surprising Like all big mouths, you replace your knowledge by insults. Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

Your right about me being a big mouth but it was insulting to suggest one of Quebec's favorite sons had nothing to do with the Bruins winning the cup. Your wrong, you know it and your only here trolling that's more insulting to you not to me Marco10,0001...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL : Your response is not surprising Like all big mouths, you replace your knowledge by insults.
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]
    What do you plan to replace yours with?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL : What do you plan to replace yours with?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

That was a shot straight to the molars!

Dez 1 - Troll 0

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL : That was a shot straight to the molars! Dez 1 - Troll 0
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]
    Ducks in a barrel Ronstar.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Hey Phil, I like to set up on the half wall for my PP onetimers. How about you ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Did you see the shot of Chiarelli after the hat trick goal?  He looked like he had ot cover his Cheshire Cat grin with his hand....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]"Hey Phil, I like to set up on the half wall for my PP onetimers. How about you ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

yeah, finally we saw that wicked Stamkos-ish one timer on the PP. hopefully we see a lot more of that from Seguin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Does Hamilton's defensemam of the month in the OHL equal Colborne's player of the month in the AHL? Only NHL stats and accomplishments should count on these boards. Potential is what we're still looking at in Pouliot (1st round-#4) and Paille (1st round-#20). Don't place the order for Colborne's HOF bust yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Does Hamilton's defensemam of the month in the OHL equal Colborne's player of the month in the AHL? Only NHL stats and accomplishments should count on these boards. Potential is what we're still looking at in Pouliot (1st round-#4) and Paille (1st round-#20). Don't place the order for Colborne's HOF bust yet.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

You have potential.  I have potential.

How many AHL players of the month have gone on to star in the NHL?

How many AHL players of the month have NOT gone on to play in the NHL at all?

The second list is longer.  Much longer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This is high comedy way better than I could have dreamed up.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1020129&page=1

Priceless.

I really really really hope Toronto fans get a "Thank You Boston" chant going on Saturday to counter the ridiculous "Thank You Kessel" Boston keeps insisting on chanting when they're at home.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL : You have potential.  I have potential. How many AHL players of the month have gone on to star in the NHL? How many AHL players of the month have NOT gone on to play in the NHL at all? The second list is longer.  Much longer.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I would have to agree with BadHab on this.  AHL stats may show some degree of potential going forward, but in itself isn't be a good measuring stick to predict how a player will do in the NHL or whether they'll even get there.

There were a lot of players (Cap's coach Bruce Boudreau is a good example) that had great careers in the AHL but never made it in the NHL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL : I would have to agree with BadHab on this.  AHL stats may show some degree of potential going forward, but in itself isn't be a good measuring stick to predict how a player will do in the NHL or whether they'll even get there. There were a lot of players (Cap's coach Bruce Boudreau is a good example) that had great careers in the AHL but never made it in the NHL.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

And conversely I believe there have been a few guys who never did anything much in the A and went onto star NHL careers. 

An example (tho not an nhl 'star') is McQuaid, his nhl numbers on a ppg basis exceeded his best ahl numbers.

Go figure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IWell Put!!!!!!!!!n Response to Re: Thank god we won the cup: Colborne lighting up AHL:
    [QUOTE]I'd take a Cup over AHL Player of the Month any day...
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Book I have to laugh at the comment that Seguin likes the top corner.  Well, he has been nursed on butterfly goalies, so where would you shoot if you were a youngster.  I am sure he will be able to handle the opposite, and shoot five hole. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

oh yes, Colbourne, I would love to have him back but like I said prior I rather have the 1st pick of the Bs back, now that was overpay for Kaberle.  Like the sound of that!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll tell ya this much.

At this second in time, if I got Colborne and Hamill and I have to put one of them in an nhl game, I go with Zach.

Next week I might feel different, but at this moment, Zach gets the nod.

Sections
Shortcuts