Thank You American sports fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Thank You American sports fan

I was watching the Mets and Phillies gm. the news came that Ben Laden was killed they chant USA USA. I am a proud patriotic Canadian but if fans want to chant their country then by all means do it. I just want say congrads USA on getting your redemption not for USA only but for people how want to live in a free world. Why should we live in fear of terrorist and the Americans want to chant USA USA it has and always will be fine with me. North America is free continent all countries have the right to chant. When they started chanting at the ball gm. I felt very relieved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Thank You American sports fan

it only took 10 years, 2 wars, trillions spent, thousands dead, and are we safer today than we were yesterday? i'm glad his oxygen will go to better use, that's about it. what's funny is, with his death, there are now heightened alerts for attacks in the US. enough politics sorry. just my 2 cents

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Being a canadian I always am thankyou for being neighbors with the USA. Now to see tha Laden is finally taken care of, we all would be fools to sit and relax thinking its over. Politcal insight says that the rest will now fear being caught and killed leading me to beleive a good defense is an offense. All i have to say is Stand Guard, dont let it down for one second.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Thank You American sports fan:
    [QUOTE]it only took 10 years, 2 wars, trillions spent, thousands dead, and are we safer today than we were yesterday? i'm glad his oxygen will go to better use, that's about it. what's funny is, with his death, there are now heightened alerts for attacks in the US. enough politics sorry. just my 2 cents
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to defend that all the $ spent in Iraq and Afghanistan was all spent wisely, but I will defend our actions against terrorism as neccessary. The public evidence since 9/11 is clear that many, many acts of terrorism against the US and other democratic nations have been prevented through military and intelligence activity in both Iraq and Afghanistan. How many lives saved is unknown but I would bet it's alot.

Killing bin Laden is a good thing in the long term but in the immediate wake of his killing it is natural to expect attempts at retribution from his organization of hatred. As Al Qaida's spiritual head, source of inspiration and chief fundraiser, his loss is huge. 

So, YES, we are safer today than yesterday because of our actions against terroism since 9/11. And aside from possible retribution from killing bin Laden in the near future, we are much safer with this guy dead. Pick up one of the many books out there that profile bin Laden and Al Qaida and you would gladly accept a heightened terrorist alert in exchange for his life.

Just my 2 cents.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Thanks bobo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Fact: the safest border in the world exists between the United States and Canada. The United States in my mind has benefited from such a border.  Not only in terms of hockey but in the sense Canadians have respected the American cultural hegemony.  Canada is the best.  Bin Laden cost the United States in many ways.  Time for the rest of the world to share the burden of peace while the United States reinvents itself.  Pierre Trudeau, hope I don't offend anyone, is my favorite Canadian in my life time.  Love his quotes but especially this one.  

Pierre Trudeau: "Americans should never underestimate the constant pressure on Canada which the mere presence of the United States has produced. We're different people from you and we're different people because of you. Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is effected by every twitch and grunt. It should not therefore be expected that this kind of nation, this Canada, should project itself as a mirror image of the United States."

Go Bruins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Fact: the safest border in the world exists between the United States and Canada. The United States in my mind has benefited from such a border.  Not only in terms of hockey but in the sense Canadians have respected the American cultural hegemony.  Canada is the best.  Bin Laden cost the United States in many ways.  Time for the rest of the world to share the burden of peace while the United States reinvents itself.  Pierre Trudeau, hope I don't offend anyone, is my favorite Canadian in my life time.  Love his quotes but especially this one.   Pierre Trudeau: " Americans should never underestimate the constant pressure on Canada which the mere presence of the United States has produced. We're different people from you and we're different people because of you. Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is effected by every twitch and grunt. It should not therefore be expected that this kind of nation, this Canada, should project itself as a mirror image of the United States." Go Bruins!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Nice post, Isla. I am cancelling the plans to invade Canada. lol

Seriously, I love Canada. BC is about my favorite place on earth. The ratio of d-bags to nice people probably is the best in the world. If you could remove a few canadiens fans from the equation it would win in a landslide!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

tonite when I get home I plan to get a cold frosty and toast that seal team that turned bin ladens squash into a canoe! yesterday justice was finally served and let the entire islamofashits out there get a good loud clear message from us. you wanna fk with us go ahead. just know that no matter where you go or for how long you hide the american eagle will find you and you will be delt with accordingly. 

Hammer
    U.S.Army
    68-72

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Go spend them elsewhere. You diminish the sacrifice that many others have made just so you can make your cheap comments.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please make it an informed one. Please tell us all about your inglorious exploits in the military (any country will be fine with me)...
    Doc

[QUOTE]it only took 10 years, 2 wars, trillions spent, thousands dead, and are we safer today than we were yesterday? i'm glad his oxygen will go to better use, that's about it. what's funny is, with his death, there are now heightened alerts for attacks in the US. enough politics sorry. just my 2 cents
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Thx Bob! Canada has played a role in keeping this world free, always a willing partner. My thanks to the Canadians too!
    Doc

In Response to Thank You American sports fan:
    [QUOTE]I was watching the Mets and Phillies gm. the news came that Ben Laden was killed they chant USA USA. I am a proud patriotic Canadian but if fans want to chant their country then by all means do it. I just want say congrads USA on getting your redemption not for USA only but for people how want to live in a free world. Why should we live in fear of terrorist and the Americans want to chant USA USA it has and always will be fine with me. North America is free continent all countries have the right to chant. When they started chanting at the ball gm. I felt very relieved.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Go spend them elsewhere. You diminish the sacrifice that many others have made just so you can make your cheap comments. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please make it an informed one. Please tell us all about your inglorious exploits in the military (any country will be fine with me)... Doc In Response to Re: Thank You American sports fan :
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]

Tom, you rock my friend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Some people make me sick...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Are we safer?  Absolutely.  Every single person who dares come at the USA will be brought to justice in one way or another.  No one gets away with it...ever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Thx NAS