Thank you KPD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Thank you KPD

Up front I don't have one tenth the hockey knowledge that most of the posters here do but I have been a lifelong Bruins fan. And from day one of his career I have felt strongly that Lucic IS NOT a top line winger. He simply does not have the skill set. He is a third line banger at best. Dupont's referring to Lucic and Horton as Do Nothing and Nothing Doing is classic.

Can the B's ask Jagr to play LW with Krecji and put Soderberg at RW? Anthing is better than Lucic and Horton at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Re: Thank you KPD

In response to pumpsiefan's comment:

Up front I don't have one tenth the hockey knowledge that most of the posters here do but I have been a lifelong Bruins fan. And from day one of his career I have felt strongly that Lucic IS NOT a top line winger. He simply does not have the skill set. He is a third line banger at best. Dupont's referring to Lucic and Horton as Do Nothing and Nothing Doing is classic.

Can the B's ask Jagr to play LW with Krecji and put Soderberg at RW? Anthing is better than Lucic and Horton at this point.

They wouldn't do this with Soderberg being such a big ???  Also, if they were to do this Jagr would be the RW as that is his only position, he plays the off-wing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

third line banger at best is going way too far. he did score 30 goals in this league and has topped 60 points in his last two full seasons. he's a first line winger on a team that prides itself on depth. If you're looking for a Neal - Crosby - Iginla line, no, he doesn't fit into that. He has had a very bad season. no defending that. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

third line banger at best is going way too far. he did score 30 goals in this league and has topped 60 points in his last two full seasons. he's a first line winger on a team that prides itself on depth. If you're looking for a Neal - Crosby - Iginla line, no, he doesn't fit into that. He has had a very bad season. no defending that. 

he has been a 1st line player for us. this team don't even have a 1st line anyway, 1 a  1 b bergy march segs  its a toss up. you are correct, he is not ELITE, HE WILL NEVER BE cam BUT HE IS clark GILLES.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think this explains Lucic's problem this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv6mEv_rDdE

[For the record, no, Lucic is hardly "pug-nosed"...]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pumpsiefan's comment:

Same old BS

Get back in the woodwork!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I think this explains Lucic's problem this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv6mEv_rDdE

[For the record, no, Lucic is hardly "pug-nosed"...]

Oh, that's harsh Bookboy !  Bowie still rocks !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Regarding Fat, after my wife gave birth to our first child i lost my will to beat anyone up for awhile, but thankfully that wore off after a few months. Give Fat a bit of time, he should come around to his old self shortly. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just part of the ongoing mockery of the "Lucic is FAT!!!!!" criticism that he faced before they dropped a puck.  More and more, I enjoy referring to him as "Fat" particularly in these discussions where people want to talk about trading him, demoting him, making him a skating clown, etc. etc. etc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Just part of the ongoing mockery of the "Lucic is FAT!!!!!" criticism that he faced before they dropped a puck.  More and more, I enjoy referring to him as "Fat" particularly in these discussions where people want to talk about trading him, demoting him, making him a skating clown, etc. etc. etc.

lucic should be a bruin for life! HE gives them the big bad identity, his number will hang from the rafters in the future, like terry o'reilly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Be prepared Book for the onslaught of politically correct overweight defenders, they're coming!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Lucic is not Cam Neely, he never will be and never was.

There is only one Cam.

Get over it people.

Lucic is not an awful player and he's a good second line LWer. Yes, he hasn't been playing that well but I'm not that upset with him and I really don't understand the "Fat" monicker he's gotten. Nor do I understand the stupid "he's not fighting" or "he's not hitting" BS. If no one will go in after a puck first, there will be no hits by Lucic.

My separate point that I've made too many times to count and I apologize for the caps but THERE IS NO FIRST LINE ON THE BRUINS. Please guys, enough with this first line, second line crap. There are 2 sets of lines not four separate lines.

ATOI

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin

17:10          19:14         17:11

Lucic           Krejic         Horton

17:19          18:48         17:18

This argument has been going on for the past three years. I really don't know why anyone says "why is Lucic on the first line" and "Seguin needs to be on the first line". It doesn't matter and the past 2 years ATOI shows it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Lucic is not Cam Neely, he never will be and never was.

There is only one Cam.

Get over it people.

Lucic is not an awful player and he's a good second line LWer. Yes, he hasn't been playing that well but I'm not that upset with him and I really don't understand the "Fat" monicker he's gotten. Nor do I understand the stupid "he's not fighting" or "he's not hitting" BS. If no one will go in after a puck first, there will be no hits by Lucic.

My separate point that I've made too many times to count and I apologize for the caps but THERE IS NO FIRST LINE ON THE BRUINS. Please guys, enough with this first line, second line crap. There are 2 sets of lines not four separate lines.

ATOI

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin

17:10          19:14         17:11

Lucic           Krejic         Horton

17:19          18:48         17:18

This argument has been going on for the past three years. I really don't know why anyone says "why is Lucic on the first line" and "Seguin needs to be on the first line". It doesn't matter and the past 2 years ATOI shows it.

So, which one is the first line?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Maybe I should be clearer, eh 50?

Herein and forthwith etc., let the following hold true for each instance wherein Milan Lucic, aka #17, is referred to as FAT or FAT Daddy:

1. The hysteria during the shortened training camp that led to repeated comments that Lucic had gotten Fat during the lockout was ridiculous and worthy of being mocked;
    2. The ridiculousness of that hysteria not withstanding, and hockey players being hockey players, there was great potential for Lucic's teammates to riff off of the accusation by referring to him as FAT - as in "I hear "Lucic is Fat" so often, I'm beginning to think that's his name" or getting a #17 jersey made that reads "FAT" across the back.  Jersey is, of course, in double extra wide.
    3. The whole FAT saga has become emblematic of the way people criticize the way Lucic's game looks rather than what he accomplishes on the ice.  Referring to him as "FAT", particularly when discussing yet another round of criticism of his game, should remind us of the stupidity of those first comments about his supposed weight gain.
    4. FAT is not intended to sound like he is my best friend, someone I know in real life, someone whose jersey I wear, someone of whom I have posters up in my bedroom etc etc etc.  It doesn't attempt to suggest a close relationship with Lucic; it attempts to mock those who criticize him for spurious reasons.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Herein and forthwith etc., let the following hold true for each instance wherein Milan Lucic, aka #17, is referred to as FAT or FAT Daddy:

1. The hysteria during the shortened training camp that led to repeated comments that Lucic had gotten Fat during the lockout was ridiculous and worthy of being mocked;
    2. The ridiculousness of that hysteria not withstanding, and hockey players being hockey players, there was great potential for Lucic's teammates to riff off of the accusation by referring to him as FAT - as in "I hear "Lucic is Fat" so often, I'm beginning to think that's his name" or getting a #17 jersey made that reads "FAT" across the back.  Jersey is, of course, in double extra wide.
    3. The whole FAT saga has become emblematic of the way people criticize the way Lucic's game looks rather than what he accomplishes on the ice.  Referring to him as "FAT", particularly when discussing yet another round of criticism of his game, should remind us of the stupidity of those first comments about his supposed weight gain.
    4. FAT is not intended to sound like he is my best friend, someone I know in real life, someone whose jersey I wear, someone of whom I have posters up in my bedroom etc etc etc.  It doesn't attempt to suggest a close relationship with Lucic; it attempts to mock those who criticize him for spurious reasons.

another good post by you

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Much appreciated post, Books. I agree with your Point #3. Many people want Lucic to play like a football player everyday, not realizing that many football players are only able to play less than 20 games per season, due to the wear and tear that such play involves.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Phew! I just thought it was oblique, arcane and self-reflexive.

What was I thinking!?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fat and Ceddy, sitting in a tree.

H-O-C-K-E-E-E

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Many people want Lucic to play like a football player everyday, not realizing that many football players are only able to play less than 20 games per season, due to the wear and tear that such play involves.

Thank goodness this quality second-line winger the Bruins have, signed for $6 million a year next year, saves up all his might and skill for that one play a game where his brawn and power send him streaking through blue lines and defenders resulting in.... a turnover.

Call a spade a spade. Lucic has terrific potential to be a difference maker in many different ways. Unfortunately major consistency issues, he rarely seems to play like the player we all wish for and the player the Bruins pay for.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Fat and Ceddy, sitting in a tree.

H-O-C-K-E-E-E

Pandopho too old and slow to also climb the tree...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I was listening to 98.5 and they made a good point. Is Lucic's contract preventing you from signing anyone else?

Take a look at UFA's on the market next year and tell me who they should grab. Lucic would be grossly overpaid if you couldn't get rid of him. There are plenty of teams that would love to have him.