Thank you Phil Kessel and Tyler SeQueen for Matt Fraser!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Thank you Phil Kessel and Tyler SeQueen for Matt Fraser!!!

Marco, if you still think the Bruins got the worst of the Seguin deal, you need your head examined.  Drop Louie even, Smith and Fraser have already proven themselves superior playoff performers to Seguin.

And yes, Book questions your hockey knowledge because your hockey knowledge is in fact questionable.

Everyone who follows this sport understands that the playoffs are virtually another sport than the regular season, not my words, but the words of many professional players.  Yet you equate regular season goal scorers like Kessel, Seguin and most famously Ovie (autocup) to scoring just as well in the playoffs.  This is not true, some goalscorers can rise to the occasion, some can't.

You will now deny this, but you have PROVEN you don't understand that from YEARS worth of posting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Marco, if you still think the Bruins got the worst of the Seguin deal, you need your head examined.  Drop Louie even, Smith and Fraser have already proven themselves superior playoff performers to Seguin.

And yes, Book questions your hockey knowledge because your hockey knowledge is in fact questionable.

Everyone who follows this sport understands that the playoffs are virtually another sport than the regular season, not my words, but the words of many professional players.  Yet you equate regular season goal scorers like Kessel, Seguin and most famously Ovie (autocup) to scoring just as well in the playoffs.  This is not true, some goalscorers can rise to the occasion, some can't.

You will now deny this, but you have PROVEN you don't understand that from YEARS worth of posting.

Ok going to get head examined

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Ok going to get head examined

If in case you didn't notice, Louie got a goal and an assist tonight.  And maybe you didn't notice the goal Fraser got.  And maybe you didn't notice Smith's assist tonight.

And where did these players come from?

Yah, I'm looking for "excuses" to like this trade.

But you are looking even harder to find reasons not to like the Seguin trade because there are fewer and fewer reasons not to like the Seguin trade as time goes on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

But you are looking even harder to find reasons not to like the Seguin trade because there are fewer and fewer reasons not to like the Seguin trade as time goes on.

[/QUOTE]

I found one..............Seguin has outscored Joe Morrow in this year's NHL playoffs. Bum ! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I get it now, Marco only posts when his favorite Bruins score.  If one of the players score that came over in the Seguin deal, he's nowhere to be seen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I get it now, Marco only posts when his favorite Bruins score.  If one of the players score that came over in the Seguin deal, he's nowhere to be seen.

Loui......Loui.......Loueye......ohhhhhhhh........i gotta go!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Bhab I already commented on loui pass last night on gamevthread

Are u going to keep usinsmith when loui isn't playing well and vice versa like a see saw when loui is down and if smith is up

Use smith then u know the rest

Loui was the key player in that deal he did have a good game last night but my boy soder ....

Talking o a vanc man at game 3 . He was in town for work. Very quiet fan though never once got up up when mtl scored.  He said couldn't understand seg for loui. He actually said he forgot loui played for the bruins

Anyhow I was very confident yesteday bruins were going to win was just I'm the air.  Game 6  Don't have a feel on it yet 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Are u going to keep usinsmith when loui isn't playing well and vice versa like a see saw when loui is down and if smith is up

Loui was the key player in that deal he did have a good game last night but my boy soder ....

Talking o a vanc man at game 3 . He was in town for work. Very quiet fan though never once got up up when mtl scored.  He said couldn't understand seg for loui. He actually said he forgot loui played for the bruins

Anyhow I was very confident yesteday bruins were going to win was just I'm the air.  Game 6  Don't have a feel on it yet 

One comment doesn't make up for nearly a YEAR of saying this trade was a mistake.  A

The trade was Seguin, Peverly, minor leaguer for Smith, Loui, Fraser and Morrow, that's what the trade was.  It doesn't matter WHICH of those players flourish to make the Bruins the clear cut winners of the trade.  

It's only in your head that only Seguin and Loui count.

And even if you want to compare Seguin to Louie one to one, Louie has been FAR more productive in the playoffs than Seguin.

LAST 28 playoff games for Seguin

2 goals

LAST 28 playoff games for Loui

6 goals

And - JUST LIKE YOU SAID about Kessel and the Leafs - 18 of Loui's last 28 games was with the Stars, a much worse team than the team that Tyler played the majority of those games.

Keep making excuses for Seguin and Kessel.

Keep trying to justify why this trade was bad.

Keep trying to say that Loui Fraser and Smith aren't good players.

Why don't you start coming up with some FACTS rather than all these mystery people who say they agree with you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The whole point of the Seguin trade, marco, was that the Bruins had two guys who could contribute so that if one was in a slump, hopefully the other wouldn't be.  No one thinks Loui Eriksson is going to outscore Seguin (except in the playoffs...) or that Smith is more talented offensively.  Simple math this season, Smith scored at about 60% the rate of Seguin, Eriksson at 58%.  But that's apples and oranges because Seguin's playing first line minutes at C in Dallas.  Compared to last year, Smith was about 3% off of Seguin's 2012-13 pace, Eriksson 5%.  Even if you split the difference on Seguin's production (all regular season numbers) you've got two guys who, on a point/game basis, scored maybe 20% less than Seguin, but there's a 100% better chance that one guy will be going when the other isn't.

In that light, saying "you can't switch from Loui to Reilly and back when it suits your argument" completely misses the point - of the trade, of team building, of hockey as a team sport, of the way the Bruins play, of the type of players who thrive in on this team.

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And now three considering Fraser's a point or two away from catching Seguin's point total in this year's playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Why on earth did Marco get unbanned?

Remember he was threatening "legal action" if BDC banned him, probably begged.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

One comment doesn't make up for nearly a YEAR of saying this trade was a mistake.  A

The trade was Seguin, Peverly, minor leaguer for Smith, Loui, Fraser and Morrow, that's what the trade was.  It doesn't matter WHICH of those players flourish to make the Bruins the clear cut winners of the trade.  

It's only in your head that only Seguin and Loui count.

And even if you want to compare Seguin to Louie one to one, Louie has been FAR more productive in the playoffs than Seguin.

LAST 28 playoff games for Seguin

2 goals

LAST 28 playoff games for Loui

6 goals

And - JUST LIKE YOU SAID about Kessel and the Leafs - 18 of Loui's last 28 games was with the Stars, a much worse team than the team that Tyler played the majority of those games.

Keep making excuses for Seguin and Kessel.

Keep trying to justify why this trade was bad.

Keep trying to say that Loui Fraser and Smith aren't good players.

Why don't you start coming up with some FACTS rather than all these mystery people who say they agree with you.

Mystery ppl to you not to me. 

I have many more. Get out more often bhab . Ask around dont keep your discussions limited to only here

Btw never said fraser and smith not good

Dallas got what they wanted in seg a guy who led them to the playoffs and helped benn have his best year. 

Tyler will get his chances again to ontribute to the playoffs. 

Come uo with all the stats u wish 

Loui in any sane And honest hockey fan Will tell u he's been a disappointment for the bruins and it will take much more then one game or 2 to change that. 

U can console urself though - blame it on the concussion

Fact- Loui playoff numbers in dallas were far from impressive and im being nice about it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seguin:  Four goals in his last 35 playoff games.

What a freakin' bum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Torey Krug - 25 games, 6 goals.

Chris Kelly - last 27 games, 3 goals.

Dan Paille - 34 games, 6 goals.

Greg Campbell - 25 games, 3 goals.

That's three guys who are basically defensive forwards and a rookie defenseman with better numbers than a supposed "natural" goalscorer.

Oh, and Eriksson played 18 games in the playoffs with Dallas...and had as many playoff goals as Tyler Seguin has had in his last 35 playoffs games: 4.  He was a second year player playing on the second and third line.  His scoring in this year's playoffs is at a better points/game rate than Seguin had for his Bruins career.

Hughson and Co. actually said in game six that it sure looks like the Bruins won the trade...at least right now.  When you're trying to win Cups, right now is all that matters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I have many more. Get out more often bhab . Ask around dont keep your discussions limited to only here

Dallas got what they wanted in seg a guy who led them to the playoffs and helped benn have his best year. 

Loui in any sane And honest hockey fan Will tell u he's been a disappointment for the bruins and it will take much more then one game or 2 to change that.  

Here's the thing, marco...you think it carries some weight that some random guy from Vancouver, who probably doesn't pay any attention to the Bruins so he doesn't know how Seguin plays, he doesn't know how Loui plays, he doesn't have any sense of how the Bruins play...but it matters that he doesn't understand why the Bruins traded Seguin and he forgets Eriksson came the other way?  And it sounds like he made the same mistake you keep making - that it was Seguin for Loui Eriksson.  It wasn't. 

The bigger thing is that you keep appealing to consensus or the authority of shared opinion rather than Eriksson's play.  It's not a very effective rhetorical strategy, and in this case, it's worsened by the fact that a great many hockey fans don't bother to think about the game in any great detail.  They like the stories the media perpetuates; they don't care to look any deeper.  There's nothing wrong with that, but one of the things you'll find on this board is people who actually enjoy putting a little pressure on the easy stories the media feeds us or the obvious angles.  So every time you say "my buddies think this..." and you repeat something that sounds like a superficial reaction based on clichés of hockey, it really carries no weight.  In fact, it sounds like you giving up the argument because you can't make it with evidence: "oh yeah, well this guy agrees with me."  You have to admit, BadHab's got a point when he implies that you could just be making these "mystery people" up.  It's not like they're on here with their own accounts speaking for themselves, and it's not like BadHab can say "well, sure, but have you thought of this?"  Maybe he'd change their minds.

[object HTMLDivElement]

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Fact- Loui playoff numbers in dallas were far from impressive and im being nice about it

I play pickup hockey twice a week.  I watch games at bars with former players.  All admit that Seguin is a no show in the playoffs and that the Bruins got the better of the trade.

For a year now you were saying wait until the playoffs and Tyler will outscore Loui.  Concussions and all Loui outscored Seguin.  Now you say Seguin's numbers will improve NEXT playoff.  OK, I will say that Loui's numbers will improve next playoffs too.

And if you think Smith and Fraser are good players - or at least you are hinting at that, explain why this was a bad trade for the Bruins?

Do I wish they Loui had better numbers this year?  Yes.  I also wish for a lot of things.

Bottom line - would I do the trade again knowing that it would turn out this way?  Any Bruins fan would say yes because anyone with eyes can see that Loui is contributing in the playoffs where Seguin did not, both in terms of play and stats and any hockey fan can see that.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I play pickup hockey twice a week.  I watch games at bars with former players.  All admit that Seguin is a no show in the playoffs and that the Bruins got the better of the trade.

For a year now you were saying wait until the playoffs and Tyler will outscore Loui.  Concussions and all Loui outscored Seguin.  Now you say Seguin's numbers will improve NEXT playoff.  OK, I will say that Loui's numbers will improve next playoffs too.

And if you think Smith and Fraser are good players - or at least you are hinting at that, explain why this was a bad trade for the Bruins?

Do I wish they Loui had better numbers this year?  Yes.  I also wish for a lot of things.

Bottom line - would I do the trade again knowing that it would turn out this way?  Any Bruins fan would say yes because anyone with eyes can see that Loui is contributing in the playoffs where Seguin did not, both in terms of play and stats and any hockey fan can see that.

Yes  You can say that loui will contribute too next year. You are missing one element of this trade that you're probably intentii nally bypassing. AGE. 

Louiis 7 yesrs older then seg that's more then a hockey career for most.

Already said it that if seg was 28 And suked year in snd yr out in the playoffs I certainly would have welcomed the trade better.

But at 22 as ib said if your going trade him likes of Kane hall okposo etc should be in discussion. .. a proven young player

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Here's the thing, marco...you think it carries some weight that some random guy from Vancouver, who probably doesn't pay any attention to the Bruins so he doesn't know how Seguin plays, he doesn't know how Loui plays, he doesn't have any sense of how the Bruins play...but it matters that he doesn't understand why the Bruins traded Seguin and he forgets Eriksson came the other way?  And it sounds like he made the same mistake you keep making - that it was Seguin for Loui Eriksson.  It wasn't. 

The bigger thing is that you keep appealing to consensus or the authority of shared opinion rather than Eriksson's play.  It's not a very effective rhetorical strategy, and in this case, it's worsened by the fact that a great many hockey fans don't bother to think about the game in any great detail.  They like the stories the media perpetuates; they don't care to look any deeper.  There's nothing wrong with that, but one of the things you'll find on this board is people who actually enjoy putting a little pressure on the easy stories the media feeds us or the obvious angles.  So every time you say "my buddies think this..." and you repeat something that sounds like a superficial reaction based on clichés of hockey, it really carries no weight.  In fact, it sounds like you giving up the argument because you can't make it with evidence: "oh yeah, well this guy agrees with me."  You have to admit, BadHab's got a point when he implies that you could just be making these "mystery people" up.  It's not like they're on here with their own accounts speaking for themselves, and it's not like BadHab can say "well, sure, but have you thought of this?"  Maybe he'd change their minds.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Book the vanc guy was just one of msny examples. I'mgivibg opiniobs outside of  these forums. Anoher friend of mine a mtl fanand my lawyer too .smart fan never bashes the bruins congratulates me everytime bruins win really likes  smith but loui is lousy. 

To conclude I can't justify this trade because loui had a good game. Without giving any regard for the future.  Fact ia his numbers aren't thst good .

He still has time but remember what I said fRom this season that line goes how soderberg goes

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Marco, to say Loui just had a good game is ridiculous though.  He's been solid all post-season, but again like I said, you would never admit it because apparently you hate people with fat shoulder blades or something.

But at 22 as ib said if your going trade him likes of Kane hall okposo etc should be in discussion. .. a proven young player

So now you are saying they should have gotten more out of the trade than they did?

Known fact that PC shopped Seguin quite a bit and he got what he got for him which tells you that they got fair market value for him.  Plus, ask any knowledgeable fan there is and they would laugh in your face for trading Hall, Okposo or Kane for Seguin.  Only Stanley would suggest those trades.  And they would laugh in your face.

Guess what?  My wife works in the law industry.  2 lawyers at her firm agree with me.  In my Friday night pickup game there is an attorney who grew up in Canada, came to school here in the US, went to Yale, played for Yale, played against Ken Dryden, he agrees with me.  On my Thursday night pickup game there is a lawyer that is a season ticket holder, he agrees with me, said everyone knows Seguin is a pussee and can't hack it in the playoffs.

So I have 4 lawyers that agree with me.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Torey Krug - 25 games, 6 goals.

Chris Kelly - last 27 games, 3 goals.

Dan Paille - 34 games, 6 goals.

Greg Campbell - 25 games, 3 goals.

That's three guys who are basically defensive forwards and a rookie defenseman with better numbers than a supposed "natural" goalscorer. Oh, and Eriksson played 18 games in the playoffs with Dallas...and had as many playoff goals as Tyler Seguin has had in his last 35 playoffs games: 4.  He was a second year player playing on the second and third line.  His scoring in this year's playoffs is at a better points/game rate than Seguin had for his Bruins career.

Hughson and Co. actually said in game six that it sure looks like the Bruins won the trade...at least right now.  When you're trying to win Cups, right now is all that matters.

There is no way to get around Seguin's putrid playoff numbers. Of course the reply will be "Se qeun needs time, he is young". There ate no more excuses playing with Benn actually.

Hey maybe Tyler gained some weight eating too much Brisket down in Big D ?

Perhaps smaller shoulder pads ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

So I have 4 lawyers that agree with me.

Badhab's lawyers 4-Marco's lawyer 1. As a stats guy Marco you should realize you've lost,and i'm not even counting Badhab's lawyers assists.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The Seguin Salad Saga continues with a dash of Eriksson, reduction of Smith, and the flash of Fraser before served to the close minded public who offers another menu concocted by Chef CJ and his cooking staff.   

"Don't judge me monkey" 

I just found 2 doctors that agree with me.

So now it's 4 lawyers and 2 doctors v. Marco's 1 lawyer.

• Sections
    Shortcuts