Thank you Refs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Thank you Refs

Not going to argue charge or no charge but for whatever it's worth -- the replay shows DP slightly hitting the breaks before the hit. He may have thought a break in his momentum may buy his way to a legal check. I figure that check would have been considered a great check 50% of the time. 

What I do know is that if they can't bury 2 on 0 and gimmie breakaways vs even a chump backup goalie -- the playoffs will be over quickly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Refs:
    In Response to Re: Thank you Refs : So,  a perfect body check will be called as a penalty every time?  What is the point of throwing a perfect body check then?
    Posted by BassFishing

It was certainly as bad as this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUAX8pSMcQw

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CasualTee. Show CasualTee's posts

I'm torn on the Paille hit. He came from a long way away, and I thought at the time "yikes, ez there Paille", but I did think at the time that he slowed up a bit at the end and he didn't leave his feet.

Peverly deserved his penalty as he did get the stick high, but Letang should have been gone for sportsmanlike.

Worst call of the night was the Chara trip, but then there were 30 seconds left and it likely wouldn't not have come close to mattering in the outcome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Refs : It was certainly as bad as this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUAX8pSMcQw
    Posted by dezaruchi

That one was bad. Paille was just recovering from a broken nose at the time too I believe.

By the way, like the new avatar Dez.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Refs : That one was bad. Paille was just recovering from a broken nose at the time too I believe. By the way, like the new avatar Dez.
    Posted by jaywall

An under-appreciated star.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That was a charge by Paille.
    Posted by dezaruchi

No sah he was gliding...kidding, kidding...just playin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Refs : I understand why the ref made the call and didnt call the dive. he saw the stick near the face, it was close, and it happens in less than a second. I'm trying to be reasonable here, but after seeing the replay, the NHL should do something about this. I'll call it now, a very important game in the future will be decided by a dive, then, and only then it will be addressed.
    Posted by kelvana33

I have to agree with you. This came up during the game and you can't blame the ref's for this one. Question, what, if anything, can be done? They review it but then what. Can they make a case for embellishment or does the argument of intent come in?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to "Re: Thank you Refs":
    In Response to Re: Thank you Refs : It was certainly as bad as this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUAX8pSMcQw Posted by dezaruchi
    Really? Shoulder to head and coming from 30 ft is as bad as body to body and coming from 10? Respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

There's nothing wrong with the Paille hit at all.  No blindside, no boarding, no elbow, no head contact -- just a good hard body check.  When the players hit eachother both of their skates came off the ice.  It happens.  If you take that hit out, then you really can't forecheck any more.

The refs chicken out sometimes when a guy gets nailed and figure they should call a penalty.  Then they don't know what to call, so they call charging.  Dumb.

The "high stick" call is 100% on Letang, not the refs.  He fooled me in real time too.  The stick came high and he threw his head back.  It's almost impossible to tell that that is a fake until you see it in slow-mo.  Shame on Letang, not the ref.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Refs : No sah he was gliding...kidding, kidding...just playin.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

You suck San.

I kid of course.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Not going to get into the charging call either but to me it looked like he was going to take him out. If I remember corrrectly Paille extends his arms in a pushing movement which indicates, to me, he wanted to make the hit count. Not saying there was intent, I just think he was sending a message and he got called on it because of how it looked. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Did we have some Canucks fan convert to the B's?  Stop with the whining. Paille's hit was a charge. Yes, the acting job on Peverley's stick was a bad call, but note how no one on the NESN broadcast had issue with the call on Paille.

"Bogus call. Bogus. If that Finnish fairy defenseman wasn't down on the ice acting like he was hurt, we don't see this call."

Niskanen is from Minnesota

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Did we have some Canucks fan convert to the B's?  Stop with the whining. Paille's hit was a charge. Yes, the acting job on Peverley's stick was a bad call, but note how no one on the NESN broadcast had issue with the call on Paille. "Bogus call. Bogus. If that Finnish fairy defenseman wasn't down on the ice acting like he was hurt, we don't see this call." Niskanen is from Minnesota
    Posted by Dave24

Are you Dave Newell ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He did not leave his feet.  He made contact and the defenseman went down like a ton of bricks, which then obviously brings your body up off the ice, when that happens. Absolutely false. Bogus call. Bogus. If that Finnish fairy defenseman wasn't down on the ice acting like he was hurt, we don't see this call. Horrendous call. Unequivocally one of the worst calls of the season.
    Posted by BassFishing

The Finnish fairy is an American from Minnesota.

Your so smart!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Refs : Are you Dave Newell ?
    Posted by 50belowzero

No, I'm not.  Have another donut....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Gee whiz, lighten up B's homers, your division title has already been gifted by Gregorys Daddys lackeys...this game was just a little taste of your own medicine.  As much as you like it, the B's can't have O'Halloran, Sutherland, O'Rourke or Walkom on their bench every game in the regular season.  So don't worry homers...the B's will get special treatment in the playoffs...just like last year!
    Posted by null

287 Posts about the same thing.

His Canucks lost and he is still angry about it.
    And I still love reading them all.

Watching Chara raise that Cup on Vancouver ice, my eyes are getting moisty just thinking about it.

Can't wait for your next 287 posts. Don't tell me what theyre about, leave me in suspense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Gee whiz, lighten up B's homers, your division title has already been gifted by Gregorys Daddys lackeys...this game was just a little taste of your own medicine.  As much as you like it, the B's can't have O'Halloran, Sutherland, O'Rourke or Walkom on their bench every game in the regular season.  So don't worry homers...the B's will get special treatment in the playoffs...just like last year!
    Posted by null

Don't worry about the refs, i see Ol' Leaky Lu got pulled again, worry about that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Refs : Don't worry about the refs, i see Ol' Leaky Lu got pulled again, worry about that.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Leaky Lu. I am stealing that from you. I want you to know that so you don't get mad at me.
    I'm calling this right now, Luongo fakes an injury to avoid this years playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

in 2mins the refs screwed up the game. That's all it took.
    Marchand in game last week shoves someone in the back and they call him on a cross check but Neil from behind hits Boychuk, practically goes face first into the boards and no call.   You'de think after giving 2 bogus calls and a 5 on 3 they'de give advantage Bruins .
    It's the inconsistency that drives me crazy in the NHL.

They called Paille charging because they saw his feet in the air. It just happened so fast that they didn't see on impact Paille's feet were "gliding " for the hit, after the impact the feet went up.

I'm sure the high stick by Peverley the ref feels like an idiot looking at the replay now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Refs : Leaky Lu. I am stealing that from you. I want you to know that so you don't get mad at me. I'm calling this right now, Luongo fakes an injury to avoid this years playoffs.
    Posted by kelvana33

Feel free Kel, anytime.(;

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Posted by null

15 shots 4 goals allowed.

Someone is priming up for a playoff run.

He did lead last years playoffs in one stat:

Times Pulled

Did Gregorys daddy bring his fishing rod to those games??????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Refs : 15 shots 4 goals allowed. Someone is priming up for a playoff run. He did lead last years playoffs in one stat: Times Pulled Did Gregorys daddy bring his fishing rod to those games?????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
    Posted by kelvana33

Heh. Chuckle chuckle. But isn't this the opposite tactic we should be using with trolls?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts